Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

A1200D to A1200T Question...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi everyone, got a Question to share with you.

I have kept my new Old-stock A1200HD in its Original desktop case hoping that the Power Vixxen would appear.
Now that the likelihood of this is non-existent I was wondering, should I towerize my A1200 and wait for the Shark card from ELBOX or pack my A1200 away and only use OS4 on my A1?

Is anyone making PPC/Gx cards for classics?

Wizz.

Rev 1D3 Amiga 1200, Apollo 1240 (40Mhz '040, 64MB RAM), Indivision MKII, Fast ATA MK V, Rapid Road USB, PCMCIA WIFI & OS 3.9.
Go to top
Re: A1200D to A1200T Question...
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@wizzard_o

Put an 030 - 060 in the classic and use it for programs that dont run on the A1/OS4. Perhaps network it to the A1 via PCMCIA, then that keeps it intact, or if you dont mind breaking the warranty seal you could always tower it.

Keep the case and keyboard for a keyrah project blanking off the ports and mapping the keyrah joystick ports back to the A1200 case ports, thats what i've done.

The NOS keyboard and case become a usb keyboard and can be used with the tower on a subway.

Then add a PPC BVision, PPC Mediator pure 68K AGA etc etc

Few ideas to play with, depends on your budget and availability I guess.

I recommend adding a subway and upgrading to posiden v3 whatever you do to the A1200

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Re: A1200D to A1200T Question...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@wizzard_o

If you want make it "productive", you could get a 1260, some ram, probably a better psu and use it as classic setup until some ppc solution materializes. If hd is dead, you can get one of these silent ide flash drives. Then you might skip the need for a better psu. This depen on availability of an 68060 accelerator. Other parts are pretty available.
This is (IMHO) the chapiest way to ressurect an A1200.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top

Register To Post