Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 57

abalaban, densho, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Odyssey usability
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
A common phenomenon with forum messages is that the layout becomes too wide in Odyssey and the readability then plummets. But I had a fix for this, as I recall it was turning Javascript on and reloading the page. Today that didn't work. Maybe I remember incorrectly.

Go to top
Re: Odyssey usability
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Perhaps this is apples and oranges: the more common case being images, for which JS helps. But that time it's this, maybe a long line in a block/quote: https://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... id=117735#forumpost117735

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic

I also remember to have issues with _some_ images loaded from the gallery on amigans.net, and I think before it just some broken description somewhere. At least visually i can see some html tags placed directly in description of some image(s) when you lucky to load one of them in that "random photo" area.

Can't remember, but I maybe have the same with Chrome on win32 too, not sure.

But if you want for the real deal with that, then IMHO the right way will be firstly compare it with another browser on win32 for example (with and without JS enabled too, if any win32 browser allow that)

If there is no bugs ever (so it not forum fault then), then install AROS and/or MorphOS somewhere, and then check if their versions of Odyssey have the same issues on amigans.net.

And after that, giving results we have, you need to install a cross-compiler, download odyssey repo, build it, and then start adding debug prints in the place you think worth checking.

Annoying and boring bug-hunting work sure, but somebody should do it :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic
So i got the same issue now with latest chrome on win32, there is:

http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/ami ... en_image_win32_chrome.jpg

If it that what you have, then its just broken image description under some images in amigans.net's gallery

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e
Thank you for this screenshot. I will fix this problem.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e
Did some fixes and this issue should be fixed now. Thank you for your report.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top

Register To Post