Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

IRC log - ackcontrols - #amigaworld (3.V.2007)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Re: IRC log - ackcontrols - #amigaworld (3.V.2007)
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@eXec
Quote:
Developer systems will be ready to ship to the select devs mid May'ish.

Hmmm... Time to give a call I think.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ssolie

Oh no! Another Amiga in your sig!

Some interesting info. High-end spec on monday.

Quote:
###ACKCONTROLS### Although I will say, it's faster than anything Apple ever produced on the PowerPC side of thiings.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
It sounds very good... but having it ready and hardware bug free is another thing. Anyway some good news are welcome!

Amiga case and mouse/keyboard. Nice... and also the fact the sytem are indeed complete (gfx card ecc). I fear Amiga Inc...

Edited by ikir on 2007/5/3 19:12:25
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mr2

Quote:

mr2 wrote:
@ssolie

Oh no! Another Amiga in your sig!

Some interesting info. High-end spec on monday.

Quote:
###ACKCONTROLS### Although I will say, it's faster than anything Apple ever produced on the PowerPC side of thiings.

A computer faster than powerMac runing an OS better than OS X LOL

"A man is only as old as the womans he feels"
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fransexy

hehe, Sigmund Freud would say "a Mac fixation"

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Let me get this straight. He's claiming that a 603e core is faster than a dual core G5 clocked at 2.5 gigahertz?!?!

The only way that makes any sense at all is if OS4 is that much faster than OSX.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

No, he is talking about the high end machine

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Billsey

It is referring to High End machines he will announce monday. And i beilive he is referring to G4 Apple's Macs not G5 anyway, also because top PPC line from Apple is QUAD CORE G5 (2 dual core).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ikir

Hopefully the high end could possibly be this dev board with two CPU's on-board:-
http://www.pasemi.com/downloads/PA_Semi_Electra_Brief.pdf

Cheers,
Tim

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@eXec

I don't like the implication that people like me should not have got hold of an A1 from eyetech, that kind of elitism has just lost ACK a customer

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Swisso

Ive just signed up and have been watching this forum and morphzone for along time now, if this hardware makes it out and runs OS4 iam goin to buy the basic model for sure. Its Amiga OS no need for a 3ghz cpu we should just be happy something is happenin to relight the amiga name remeber its not a pc or mac.
Swisso why are you offended? Iam not sure what ackcontrols ment about that statement i havent been here that long. But i do belive everyone should get the hardware on the same day what makes one amiga user more special than anther? Not trying to get at you or anything i dont know your case.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Swisso

But that's not what he said. You are taking the comment out of context, as seems all too common on Amiga forums (he was referring to developer boards, not boards for the general public):

Quote:

[08:49:49] ###ACKCONTROLS### The developer systems will go to the key people, not like how eyetech did it.
[08:49:58] <nicomen> ackcontrols: what did eyetech do?
[08:50:20] ###ACKCONTROLS### eyetech sold a bunch of boards to people that shouldn't have got them.

Anyway one could also argue that the A1-SE/XEs should never have been sold to the general public because of the h/w bugs (especially the SEs).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
salass0
You have got it spot on mate this is the first time i ever posted on an amiga site. No one here is different we all wont the same thing amiga hardware i dont care what side of the fence it comes from. Just pisses me off when people take things out of context and whin all the time on here very sad the amiga forums are like. Same in the real world i guess always goin to be people trying to find the bad points.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@salass00

Hi, I wasn't offended, I was hurt because of the implied dismissal of anyone who is not a coder or a developer. because the Eyetech boards are also developer boards, A1XE was advertised as such, but was put on sale to anybody who wanted one at the time. I know I am not a coder or a developer but surely my money is just as good as anyone elses, and besides had it not been for MY persistence there would be no rework or upgrade path for the existing cpu modules. It is essential, to retain the customer base of loyal Amigans, not to alienate them from the development side of things. End users have their uses too.

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@duffsta
see my answer to salassoo

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Swisso

Quote:

Eyetech boards are also developer boards,...

Some of them were (?A1 mk2 boards), probably there were also some other boards reserved for developers, but the A1-SE/XE and ?A1-C boards that were sold publically certainly weren't.

Go to top

Register To Post