Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 81

Chris, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 »
emotion media player
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
If some of you miss it, EntwicklerX made another beta release of their Emotion media player:
http://os4depot.net/share/video/play/emotion_demo.lha

Player awesome and works for all formats i tried with.

But as os4depot's comments fill quite fast with reports and that not very clear what comment to what version refers, i think its better to collect reports there so maybe Frank and Thomas can check this out too :)

Most of questions already sorted via os4depot comments, but i have another one:

Is it possible to setup "transparency" for the subtitles font ? I do tests on winuae for now, and that how they looks like for me:
http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/emotion/white_subtitles.jpg

Thanks, and soon "shutup and take my money.jpg" :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: emotion media player
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Cool, I didn't even know that Emotion was released. Have to get it now :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I talked with Frank and he says it is curently not possible to get transparency. I will ask again why but maybe it will stay as it is (at least for a first release, we want to release as soon as possible).

Frank will come to me today and i will ask for some technical backgrounds.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira
Probably that not technical problem, just needs for faster release :) As if i remember right in all other players transparency is here, as without it looks a bit .. A bit overlaped part of picture :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The problem is to get transparency in a YUV Video. So it is not impossible but some long days of work ;) So currently we have it not and focus the work on a first release and get feedback for the base version first.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira

Impressive...and thats just a demo of your work, wow, Kudos

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

could you add some free streaming url's to test out that baby?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
I emailed the developers directly, so not going to repeat most of that here. Mainly a lot of smaller niggles that will probably be quick to fix.

Biggest problem I see is that Emotion v0.9 is much slower than LiveForIt-MPlayerNG at playing some demanding (i.e. HD) MKV files I tried. Emotion was jerky & had stuttering audio, where-as LiveForIt-MPlayerNG was actually quite watchable (despite a slow-ish frame rate).

This is probably mostly due their Auto Frame Skip not working well (yet). But maybe Emotion is also missing some optimisations that LiveForIt-MPlayerNG has.

I am sure they will improve things in time. Writing a multi-codec video player is very hard, and takes a lot of effort to handle all the wierd encodings someone may throw at it.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira Quote:
The problem is to get transparency in a YUV Video. So it is not impossible but some long days of work ;) So currently we have it not and focus the work on a first release and get feedback for the base version first.

I guess this is also why the subtitles are limited to the resolution of the video itself? (Low-resolution videos have (horribly) low-res text.)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
We are very happy inform you that that the first release of Emotion Mediaplayer is finished and will be released immediately!

Emotion is available here:

AmiStore:www.amistore.net, purchasing via the AmiStore OS4 App!

Alinea Computer webshop: www.amiga-shop.net

Many thanks for purchasing and using our first, real software product for AmigaOS. We hope you have fun with it, stay tuned for more games and software titles from EntwicklerX.

Edited by imagodespira on 2017/2/17 20:08:11
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira
Quote:
The problem is to get transparency in a YUV Video. So it is not impossible but some long days of work ;) So currently we have it not and focus the work on a first release and get feedback for the base version first.[quote]
For subtitles, it would be smarter to draw them to an ARGB bitmap and composite them on top of the video using the GPU. You get transparency, and the text will be at screen resolution.

@ChrisH
[quote]Biggest problem I see is that Emotion v0.9 is much slower than LiveForIt-MPlayerNG at playing some demanding (i.e. HD) MKV files I tried. Emotion was jerky & had stuttering audio, where-as LiveForIt-MPlayerNG was actually quite watchable (despite a slow-ish frame rate).

This is probably mostly due their Auto Frame Skip not working well (yet). But maybe Emotion is also missing some optimisations that LiveForIt-MPlayerNG has.

IIRC, LiveForIt's mplayer has some built in settings for HD video that lowers the quality for better speed. For example, disabling the loop/deblocking filter usually helps a fair bit.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

True indeed. LiveForIt used to set this setting by default in the config file and we had to unset it to get the real quality of the video. I asked him to let the user decide to use it or not but he refused.

@imagodespira

Sam440ep@733Mhz has really some troubles reading videos even with optimisations I remember that DvPlayer was able (on AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6) to read some videos where Emotion cannot without frameskip. Now DvPlayer cannot use anymore overlay (needs to be updated) and I cannot compare both under OS 4.1 FE Update 1.

MPlayer seems to handle better the autoframeskip too. Do you think this could be optimized a little further ?

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans + Chris:

Last week we also did some changes, maybe some of the problems are gone.

Anyway: We also tried some videos with mplayer in comparison with Emotion after the post of Chris. None of our tests where much different. Maybe it is also the way HD videos are played in both players. On mplayer the videos are "slower" and the sound did not matched with the video. In Emotion it seems (depending on the frameskip mode) "jerky" but sound and video stays on the same position. So play a bit with the skip modes.

Beside this: Our computers are not fast enough to play all HD content, and a "slow frame rate" as Chris described not yet a good playing video. So we have to stay in our bounds and try to play videos that our computers can play (... at least as long Hans needs to implement a acceleration for video decoding in RadeonHD drivers ;) )

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
(removed what I said earlier)
After a little more testing, it seems that in the problematic videos, Emotion's audio stutters, where-as LFI-Mplayer's audio goes out of sync with the video (audio ahead of video, until you skip backwards/forwards).

Neither is ideal behaviour, although Mplayer's is less obvious (for a while anyway). It's a shame that frame skipping doesn't seem able to fully solve this issue.

Edited by ChrisH on 2017/2/18 12:21:15
Edited by ChrisH on 2017/2/18 12:26:32
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I am pleased to confirm you can now buy Emotion and other apps on AMIStore with a credit card as an alternative payment method to Paypal. I hope this helps some users who prefer this method.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

Is credit card as of today because I tried multiple times yesterday using credit card button and after typing all my data, would say it failed.

That was with Odyssey and OWB.

Confirmed all data was accurate. Even tried putting dashes between the credit card #s spaced out 4 apiece between dashes.

So I went Paypal that worked fine.

Just curious.

TJ

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It may have been the credit card type you used or maybe you have some additional security on your card for foreign transactions? I have tried with my Visa and Mastercard and it works fine here.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I tested a lot DVPlayer with Stephen Fellner with my Sam440ep and I am able to play dvd without problems and most of dvx files.. what Emotion Player do better is to play dvx files smoother than dvplayer on my sam440ep mini-itx but it has problems with the audio.. here the audio has some lag but the video is ok.. With dvd movie DVPlayer is better than Emotion, here on my setup..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre
How do you get Emotion to play DVD's? It doesn't seem directly supported, while picking the VOB files seems kludgy & unreliable...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

You cannot play DVDs with Emotion. You can only play VOB files from DVDs that are not protected.

DvPlayer used to use a special external plugin (coded by Andrea Palmaté) allowing it to play all DVDs.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 »