Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

TIMI support on DosBox
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Does anyone know if Timi MIDI can be used with DosBox and how can it be configured to work? I am trying a few dos games and I would like to see if there are any support for midi.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Re: TIMI support on DosBox
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Interesting..
Timi is a very cut-up and re-arranged version of Timidity. Most of the Timidity ports for Amiga will either play a MIDI file or convert one to an audio format, what I needed was something that would play "live" so it could be used as a synthesizer in real-time.

To get back to your question.. Assuming DosBox runs under AmigaOS without killing other processes, all you'd need is a way to get the MIDI output stream from DosBox in to CAMD.. from there Timi or a real synth could take it and play it. (or record it, or display it, or whatever).

If somebody could give me a handle on that MIDI stream, attaching it to CAMD would be a very simple modification.

LyleHaze

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LyleHaze

is ot but i think in future we can add the glide patch to dosbox thanks to the nova and sdl2 progress

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Much like the way MT-32 emulation was ported to Scummvm, Someone has done the same for Dosbox. Now I guess that version needs to be ported as it is not the official version, unlike Scummvm.

By the way, Scummvm uses Timi when you use general midi with camd. When you use the MT-32 emulation mode it doesn't go through Timi.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I already asked Corto for Roland MT32 and MiDi support but I don't think he'll have the time to work on this.

Too bad since in Scummvmw, Roland MT-32 emulation gives a really impressive sound.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Again about mt-32 emulation or via Timi - this is something that could really allow access to some classic stuff that came out after Commodore went on to companies heaven. Today is not about using an Amiga version or Dos version as why not have a great classic experience most people didn't have access to back in the day? Personally it is all about a Bloodnet-CD with midi.

Go to top

Register To Post