Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

FTP oddity?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Having finally established contact with my web site for the first time since I totally crashed my OS4.1FE on X1000, I gave in to curiosity about DOpus' FTP.

No trouble getting on my site with it, but all the file names were missing the last letter, making the program unusable. Jpegs were listed as ....jp, PDFs as ....pd, etc. When I took a look at the "built-ins" AmigaScene and AmiNET, file names were complete and I could download them.

No big deal. I am very satisfied with pFTP, but just curious whether anyone has an idea why.

I have now started 12 of the 21 topics in this forum. A bit embarrassing. Perhaps a sign of AD?

Go to top
Re: FTP oddity?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
What version of dopus5 you used (you should use 5.91), and what mean AD ?

Edited by kas1e on 2015/9/20 8:47:20
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

The issue might also be with the ftp server if it's non standard in someway.

@kilaueabart

Does it work with ftpmount? If you get the same issue there or it doesn't work at all you might have an unsual ftp server.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

what mean AD ?

Alzheimer's Disease

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
There's also a good old-fashioned command-line FTP which comes with the system. It might be worth a try, at least for comparison.

Just do "ftp [sitename]" in a shell, log in, and you have the basic commands at your disposal in the prompt, including "help" . Say "bye" to get back to the Shell.

Quote:
I have now started 12 of the 21 topics in this forum. A bit embarrassing. Perhaps a sign of AD?
Don't worry, you're doing fine, asking is half solving. And you can still make progress from the answers you get, it seems.

I have an aunt with AD and a father with Lewy Body dementia (which is similar but somewhat more slowly progressing), they're both doing much worse.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

It looks like ftpmount is Linux only? (I admit I haven't checked OS4Depot as I write this.) I use FileZilla on Ubuntu, and it works fine.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Wow! I haven't seen a command line FTP in over 20 years. Of course that was about all they had back then.

First try I couldn't get my name and password in in the allowed 30 seconds, so I copied and pasted the second time.

Then I was left with and FTP> or something like that. It came back to me slowly. "list" didn't work, but "dir" did. I'd probably be able to figure out how to download something; not sure about uploading. But all I wanted to know is that the file names were complete, and they were.

I just tried DOpus 5.91 FTP again. This time I set my address up in the address book instead of doing it on the fly, but same results:

/bd.jp
/board1213.tx
/burntridgemap.htm
/centplayers.jp
/favicon.ic
/filetype.jp
/FRAUHM.gi
/frauhm.jp
/FRAUHM1509.jp
/FRAUHM1509.pd
/FRAUHMannouncement.ht

etc.

The server is 1and1.com. I'd be surprised if they are non-standard, but perhaps that is the problem? Well, long as I can get there with pFTP, FileZilla, and command line ftp, I don't care whether they are standard or not.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kilaueabart

Quote:

It looks like ftpmount is Linux only?

More like AmigaOS only:

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... =network/ftp/ftpmount.lha

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Maybe it's a CRLF vs LF thing? What FTP server is being used?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart

Quote:
Then I was left with and FTP> or something like that. It came back to me slowly. "list" didn't work, but "dir" did. I'd probably be able to figure out how to download something; not sure about uploading.
That's the point where I'd recommend trying the "help" command. It gives you the list of commands understood by the command line FTP prompt. You can also do "help [command]", e.g. "help dir" and get a short explanation of what the command does.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post