Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Queries begin
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've gotten through DOpus55.pdf pretty well, and skimmed DOpus582.pdf. I will be spending a lot of time on Chapter 13 in the former, and I have printed out the indices of both documents so that I can look things up before bothering people here.

Two questions today, that have no obvious answers in those sources.

1. I was very happy to see, reading the first, that there was an "Abort" command, except that I could not find it in the lister or any description of the lister commands I get. It isn't mentioned in the later document, and I suspect it has been eliminated. Right?

2. If OS4.2 ever "is ready" (I think it was included in my purchase of the X1000), will DOpus5 still work?

Let me say that I am absolutely delighted with it as a Workbench replacement, and can't imagine that I would ever want to go back (not that I wasn't delighted with Workbench when it was my only option). I feel rather guilty about having got it for free. Maybe if I had tried harder to appreciate DOpus4 I might have been inclined to contribute to its development. Is there any way to make up for that? (Oops, a third query.)

Go to top
Re: Queries begin
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kilaueabart

I recall kas1e replying to others who missed the original bounty or who wanted to donate again to send donations for DOpus 5 to:

on paypal: kas1e@yandex.ru

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart
Quote:
If OS4.2 ever "is ready" (I think it was included in my purchase of the X1000), will DOpus5 still work?

Until OS4.2 is out, nobody can answer this question.
Maybe if you have a time machine you can find out
But I'm sure people involved will fix Dopus5 if it needs fixing under 4.2.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart

I think the Abort command is an internal usage only type command. It's probably called when you click an abort button and deals with the current process only. It could also be a 'quit' equivalent for dopus dos scripts as quit would quit all of dopus. abort has no template.

Directory Opus 5 Command Line Interpreter v0.04
© Copyright 1998 by Jonathan Potter

Type 'help' for help.
> help abort
Command has no template.

Although I would not recommend using dopus5's cli as it's a little broken... eg.

cd sys:
dir
cd ram:
dir

Both dir commands list sys:

but it does work for scandir etc. but the result if shown in the current srce lister not the cli window. Whick is as it should be.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@328gts

Thanks, I'll do that.

"Bounty" is the word I couldn't think of this time. I'm really starting to have trouble with words. And I won't even be Old for another year and two days.

Go to top

Register To Post