Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 94

bigmac, trixie, nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

New site for developers of all camps
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
you find the site under:
http://www.amigacoding.de

I want to describe shortly what I think what this site should be about and the rules.

First I think the situation is that it is very difficult for programmers that want to start programming (be it amigians or developers that want to start support one or all amiga platforms to get informations. Informations are split on different special sites or even lost (like utilitybase). But this special sites are mostly dedicated to only one platform and there is no central resource anymore covering all platforms. There is also no platform covering all platforms where programmers can discuss without the typical discussions.

So I think this site should be:
Neutral, covering all platforms. Emotional discussions with phrases like "True", "done right" will be stopped by moderation (for that there are already enough sites)
Resource for programmers and people interested in programming/development
Supporting communication between programmers and collaboration between all camps
Any insulting comments will be deleted without any comment

There are parts of utilitybase in web left:
http://web.archive.org/web/20100207002844/http://utilitybase.com/

I would like to ask the people who have contributed to utilitybase in the past add the informations on this site (to save them). I cannot do it myself.

Go to top
Re: New site for developers of all camps
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Good luck! I will bookmark it, and try to visit...

It seems that "AOS4" was renamed "AmigaOS"? That is definitely an improvement. But I am curious why you get rid of the "4"? (i.e. why not "AmigaOS 4.x", since you already have "AmigaOS 3.x"?)

Alternatively, might it not be better to have "AmigaOS (PPC)" and "AmigaOS (68k)" (or perhaps "AmigaOS (Classic)"?

BTW, since there are no special forums for non-C languages, I assume it is OK to post about (Amiga related) issues in the PortablE language on there too? E code tends to be very similar to C code anyway, at least for OS stuff.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
You could post it under crossplatform/application development or crossplatform/languages.

If something is missing I can easily add it.

I used only AmigaOS because I think it is the official name for it. But it is a matter of taste. i used "classic" at first but there was one person disliking it. It is difficult to make everyone happy

BTW I have changed it to AmigaOS 4.x

Edited by OlafS3 on 2012/12/3 15:36:02
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@OlafS3

Seems quite ok, just a small german spelling i see. Grafik should be graphics.Looking good.
Almost like where i come from, grafikk
Quote:

NG-Systems (grafik.......)

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@OlafS3
The site is *really* missing is a list of "Recent active threads" like you see at the top of AmigaWorld or www.Amigans.net . I'm not going to regularly browse 10 different sub-forums, on the off-chance one of them contains something of interest...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post