Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 85

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

REBOL 3 Progress
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I've been blogging regarding progress on the REBOL 3 host kit implementation (which includes the REBOL GUI) at my web site.

The GUI is a bit rough but it is functioning as can be seen from the screen shots. Carl Sassenrath is doing bug fixes for the REBOL core as we go and compiles the AmigaOS version on his Sam440ep system.

I hope to have something releasable in the near future but my time is very limited at the moment.

REBOL 3 itself is marching towards a beta release (it is currently at the alpha stage).

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Re: REBOL 3 Progress
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie

Read all your blog posts about rebol for now, and should to say that all of this very interesting. Hope to test some GUI based demos on os4 soon :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ssolie
Will it have an ARexx interface so that Rebol scripts can be used with existing programs that can be controlled through an ARexx interface? Are there plans for a Rebol interface ( like RexxMaster) that will allow new programs to be controlled by Rebol scripts?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@xenic
REBOL 3 can be extended freely thanks to the host kit. That means you could add an ARexx interface much like the one we already have in Amiga Python.

If you'd like to know more about REBOL and what it can do I would suggest checking out REBOL Programming For The Absolute Beginner.

You may also want to check out REBOL 3 Motivation for why REBOL 3 exists.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie

Wow

It's amazing what REBOL can do...
I HAVE to check it out once it's beta

Will it still be a freeware product once it's gone gold?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

Yes, the main interpreter is likely to remain free, but an SDK might cost money. We are however nowhere near that point yet. The SDK would involve encapsulation for executables.

Go to top

Register To Post