Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

MigthyMax, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

New uploads
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Perhaps nothing too exciting

ArcEm arcem-fast
jhead 2.90
7-Zip XAD Client 2.4
TuneNet XMP plugin 3.2
libiconv 1.13.1
libjpeg8 8b
liboauth 0.9.1

Edited by Chris on 2010/9/19 12:04:10
Go to top
Re: New uploads
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Cool, but imho you need start ot uplaod it on os4depot yourself too :) Its nothing hard imho, but pretty good for users. Anyway, nice software bunch from you

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Aminet time, we need to wait a bit ...

Thanks for the new files

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

cool, XAD client installed

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

It's extra hassle and I can't keep track if files are all over the place, some files are present on three different sites, and the sites differ depending on the file. I have a spreadsheet of primary download locations to keep track. Aminet is easier to upload to and covers 68k etc as well, so it becomes the default for AmigaOS. I'm happy for them to be uploaded to OS4Depot - or any other site - but people should be aware they might not be the latest versions. This is my last word on the subject.

The XAD Z-Zip client and XMP TuneNet plugin will update via AmiUpdate.

Also, I've just remembered there was something else I was supposed to be fixing and uploading this weekend, so I'll see if I can get that up tomorrow.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
That a bit strange, because you support aminet, amiupdate, write news here, but not os4depot. Like os4depot its something evil. Anyway, its not big problem of course, just many active os4 users use today os4depot only. For example these developers who still love aminet, upload it to 3 place: their sites, aminet and os4depot (as for example salas00 do). You as developer imho know that when you refuse some popular file-depo, you only limited user base in end ..

But in general its no big problem, i can myself upload your files if you doesnt mind :)

Btw, maybe new version of netsurf are on the way too ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

That a bit strange, because you support aminet, amiupdate, write news here, but not os4depot.

AmiUpdate is a couple of version number changes on a website once the initial work is done (provided I keep track of where my primary download location is and have uploaded to the same place).
News I'm sure I don't need to explain.
If you started up kas1efiles.com I wouldn't be uploading there either I don't even upload to my own site, and can barely find things on my hard drive.

I'm well aware of the ramifications of not uploading to OS4Depot and would argue the same points for not uploading to Aminet.

Anyway, I said I wasn't discussing this further.

Quote:

Btw, maybe new version of netsurf are on the way too ?:)

2.6 will be released very soon.

Chris

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
The biggest bonus with making software available via AmiUpdate, is the fact that it doesn't matter where it's hosted.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Aminet needs the Web FTP mode too, not only the traditional ftp, because for me is very easy the Web FTP as OS4Depot, where you upload your software and directly you write the readme fields more fine than wrote previously the readme to upload join the file in the Aminet.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Crhis
Still, os4depot with us for 6 years long already, and its big base of os4 files. It already have 2740 files, while aminet have only have only 1350 files. So compare os4depot with kas1efiles.com its way too much. If os4depot will die some day, for sure we will loose many-many files.

Of course, i also have something what i dislike on os4depot, and what will not changes by wish of admins, but, its still better than aminet just because of snapshots, comments, passphrase, speed up updates and so on. Today (like we it or not), os4depot is the best place for os4 files, and , while we can say what is defacto and what is shmakto, almost all new os4 users use os4depot only, and just do not know anymore what is aminet is it.

I really see no point why you have so strong opinion about os4depot for now, but its of course your wish. Its just a bit bad, that users all the time loose your software, which are good (all those libs, netsurfs, plugins and such).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Back on topic...

jhead 2.90 and XAD 7-Zip 2.4 are now available from the above links.
I have additionally uploaded a new version of ArcEm. It is an optimised version from the "arcem-fast" branch of CVS and runs at approximately the same speed on my 600MHz SAM as the old version did on my 800MHz AmigaOne.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Templario

Agree and it was disable some times ago, this is the reason why I didn't upload files on it anymore ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Crhis
I uploaded all your files on os4depot for now

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

So.. You'll probably notice your libjpeg has been replaced with mine on OS4Depot. This isn't anything personal against you (also it wasn't you who did the uploading anyway), so I hope no offense is taken, by you or kas1e.

The reasons are that I prefer to have a clib2 static version in there, just to maintain consistency. If I replace anything (and my previous 8a was replacing 6b uploaded by the Friedens years ago), then I like to keep it all consistent and keep whatever was there originally.

I did test 8a before replacing 6b, and only after the upload did spotUP find some issues. So that's why it's one of the only exceptions on OS4Depot where there are 2 different versions of something.

Also, regarding the paths, I don't like to change things around. Any simple ./configure && Make will use -ljpeg and look for the libjpeg headers in its standard directory, which is just the root of the include directory.

Any sufficiently new program should be compatible with v8 anyway. So, it's more about the shared object library name that we need to worry about more than anything else.

There are only 3 header files that need to be included. jerror.h, jmorecfg.h and jpeglib.h. I know i've got jconfig.h in there too. It's always been in the archives on OS4Depot. I guess I should remove it next time.

The rest of the includes are only needed to compile the JPEG library. I know "make install" doesn't work with this, so you can view the Makefile in a text editor and see what goes where.

Also, having newlib and clib2 versions available, means the headers go into "common/include" for consistency instead of a specific newlib or clib2 directory.

The soname has been set to libjpeg.so.8 (and cloned as libjpeg.so too, so the linker picks it up if libtool isn't used), to avoid conflicts with programs that need to use libjpeg 6b (Just FYI, libjpeg v7 is the libjpeg.so included with AmigaOS4.1 Update 2, so my previous v8a that was just libjpeg.so wasn't overwriting v6b).

Hope that explains it all! :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

jhead 2.90 doesn't rotate automatically (-autorot) pictures in ram:. The picture will be deleted and I can find a temp-picture in sys:.
jhead 2.6 works fine with pictures in ram:

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@gurus2000

Hmm. Does the 68k version on Aminet work?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

I don't know. I don't have the ixemul.library v63 to test it
I'm a little bit confused. The OS4 version seems to work today with pics in Ram. I don't know why and haven't time to test it at this moment. I will try it tomorrow again.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Now it works perfectly. I tested it with the same picture and the same command line. I don't know the reason. Who cares!
Great work!!!

Go to top

Register To Post