Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 102

trixie, saimo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Datatype Clarification
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have the Warp datatype range installed (native AOS4 versions), however does that mean that I should remove any corresponding dataypes, like PNG or JPEG? Are the system datatypes fater or slower that the warp ones, or do the warp datatypes enhance the system types? This is one area of AOS that I don't have a clue in?

Any advice welcome.

ace

Go to top
Re: Datatype Clarification
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
acefnq wrote:
I have the Warp datatype range installed (native AOS4 versions), however does that mean that I should remove any corresponding dataypes, like PNG or JPEG? Are the system datatypes fater or slower that the warp ones, or do the warp datatypes enhance the system types? This is one area of AOS that I don't have a clue in?

Any advice welcome.

ace

Did you install, or just copy over the WarpDT datatypes, from your update#4 partition?

The WarpDT install process copies existing matching datatypes to a backup drawer. If You have two datatypes of exactly the same type installed, how would OS4 know which one to use? Only install one for each type of data.

I emailed Oliver after installing OS4Final, asking if it was OK to install WarpDT datatypes with OS4Final, his reply was essentially 'ASAP'.

The WarpDT datatypes are faster, and have a lot more options, and a preference program to set those options, which will allow you better compatibility.

Hope that helps.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop
I did install them but I think I added the jpeg.datatype later. I will redo. Thanks for the advice.

ace

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

Re-installed just to be sure.

Thanks
ace

Go to top

Register To Post