Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
51 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 51

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

LAG 17 is Booked.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

LAG 17 is booked on Saturday the 17th of July 2010.

From 12 PM untill 6 PM.

The venue is The Graham Matthews Youth Centre in the grounds of The William Farr School, Welton, Lincolnshire. England.

The location will be signposted with the LAG Banner.

Google Map LN2 3JB.

Cost will be approx 4UKP

See http://lincsamiga.org.uk/ for more info.

Regards, Michael

aka rockape

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to 'Their Country' for an amount of 'up to and including their life'.
Go to top
Re: LAG 17 is Booked.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rockape

I live in Grimsby Michael so not that far away. What actually goes on at these Groups? Care to give me a summary.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki
I would guess it is the same as most computer user groups. Stuff like: See latest version of programs, OS & hardware people have. Get help with problems you have. Play games. Discuss latest news. etc

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki

Hi,

See http://www.flickr.com/photos/lincsamigagroup/

A picture paints a thousand words, these pics will give you an indication of what goes on.

Please note some of these pictures where taken at the previous venue.

We demo stuff, bring broken stuff for repair or help and swap hardware/systems.

I have quite a collection of Hard Drives etc if needed, as well as other spares I have collected over the years.

Strictly no warze !!!

Also, there is a coffee bar (self service) and a large car park in William Farr School grounds covered by cameras.

Finally

see http://www.flickr.com/photos/lincsami ... in/set-72157603370092125/

Thats an A600/Apollo/030/40 Mac case mod running on our site.

Regards, Michael

aka rockape

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to 'Their Country' for an amount of 'up to and including their life'.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rockape

Quote:

rockape wrote:
Hi,

LAG 17 is booked on Saturday the 17th of July 2010.

From 12 PM untill 6 PM.

How does this affect the future schedule of meeting dates? I need to know to make plans.

Darren

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki

We just meet up and play a few games, help each other out on technical issues and pretty much everything else you'd expect at a user group, also we normally go for nosh at a local pub after

Robert

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rockape

Your display at VCF2010 was really good and it was nice to see you guys again. If I can get a weekend pass (depends on her indoors) I might very well nip (well, trek) down from Dumfries and see you.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rockape

Hi Rockape

Hope to be there and will have my Sam 440ep with me.

I am thicking about getting a Sam460ex as do not thick I will have money for a X1000.

Hope to see you soon Steve

AKA NutyAmiga

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rockape

Cool, I might just pay a visit to one in the future, but as I don't have an Amiga atm I might feel left out. *lower eyes and laughs*

If I ever decide to buy an X1000 I might just take time out to bring it along.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daz

Hi Daz,

I'm glad we got in contact again.

The bookings are confirmed by the Graham Matthews Youth Centre (GMYC) clerk, and unless there is a VIP who needs the centre at the last minute on the day we have booked, our booking stands.

Any sudden changes will be announced ASAP.

I telephoned the clerk, posted a letter and sent an E-Mail last week confirming our request for that date and those timings.

I will follow up with a personal visit to the GMYC next Monday 28th of June or Tuesday 29th of June.

Kind Regards, Michael

aka rockape

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki

Hi,

No probs about you coming without an Amiga, we can fix you up with an A1200/2.5" Hard Drive/Mouse/Joypad and at least an 8 Meg Memory expansion if you want.

Kind Regards, Michael

aka rockape

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rockape

You misunderstand...

I was asking when you were planning to have LAG 18.. I was expecting a meeting the first week in august.

Regards
Darren

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daz

Hi Daz,

Sorry mate I misunderstood your question.

Due to some of the LAG memebrs going to the Vintage Computer Fair the date for LAG 18 will have to be planned as yet.

But !

The first Saturday in August is the 7th, so I`ll ask the comittee and then put out requests for whos going to make it on that date ASAP.

Please note the Graham Matthews Youth Centre (GMYC) will be busy during the school holiday season, and members may also be away on holiday.

Stay tuned for info.

Kind Regards, Michael

aka rockape

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

LAG 17 was held yesterday we had a busy day and 15 attended, nice one fellers and lady

Stay tuned for a date ref LAG 18.

Regards, Michael

aka rockape

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rockape

Quote:

rockape wrote:
Hi,

LAG 17 was held yesterday we had a busy day and 15 attended, nice one fellers and lady

Seems every time I turn up more and more people show up, if this carries on, in the works of classic film.. 'You're going to need a bigger venue..'

Quote:

Stay tuned for a date ref LAG 18.

Regards, Michael

aka rockape

Waiting.....

Regards
Darren

Go to top

Register To Post