Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

Nuder_Try, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

The other sound related problem on Peg2/Os4.1
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
So, for some apps (games/demos) sometimes (not everytime) happenes this:
when apps working music plaing, sounds plaing in random way i have heard some long 'BEEEP' sound. Like blalbalb..BEEEP...blalbalb..BEEEEPP. It's looks like some interupts problem, or kind of .. I use onboard VIA audio. Last time (right now) i detectable it with game GlTron. Menu are works fine (music/sounds/etc), but in game have long BEEEPs. The same for other ones which i can remember right now

Go to top
Re: The other sound related problem on Peg2/Os4.1
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Any ideas ? Maybe some interrupt options must be set to some values ? Or maybe VIA driver are bad ? Just tryed right now 'xmoto' - the same 'beeps'.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Rigth now tried 'Giddy' game, the same problems. Also i must to notice, that even if i plug off main speakers, i still have sound on 'on board speaker'. And, the same 'beeps' on it. So, it looks like not driver problem, but somethink like interupt problem maybe ? Maybe some kind of connection beetween video drawers ? Can't believe that noone have any idea of how fix it :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
i have no beep problems here on my peg2, the only issue i have is that the internal speaker can't be muted, it's not even available on the mixer app. I had to unplug the speaker directly in my tower case.

Sam440EP - AmigaOS 4.1 up6
Powerbook G4 - MorphOS 3.2
Macmini G4 - MorphOS 3.2
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@SoundSquare

So, no sound problems with you ? Your are use default Via or some other sound card ?
Also, you use just default install of os4.1 for peg2, without new updates ? (like maybe new minigl, or new sdl ?)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

well i use the onboard via chip, the only issue i had was because i wasn't selecting "unit0" in ahi prefs so some apps wouldn't play the sound at all.

I use the regular OS4.1 installation, with the 2 updates on hyperion's website (ide and sdk related).

Sam440EP - AmigaOS 4.1 up6
Powerbook G4 - MorphOS 3.2
Macmini G4 - MorphOS 3.2
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@SoundSquare

Hm, SDK related or SDL related updates ? It is possible that SDK update have inside some new libs/files for system intself which can solve this problem ?

ps. which gfx card for you btw ?

ps2. i made a 20minute video (50mb) which show how os4 on peg2 works (some progs,etc), and you can for sure check it and detect these strange 'beeps' for example on 09:32 of time (some shooter game), or for example on 13:37 (on 'giddie' game). Pretty noise sound :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@SoundSquare??
One more question: if you run MilkiTracker, then choice a module, press "play it", and when try to moview window of Milky fast - will you hear some 'ahi' surrenders ? A little noise sounds ? (not these 'beeps' about i talk, but just some 'slowdowns') ?

Also, can you please put the full list of your SOBJS: directory with size of files, etc. Maybe some bad lbrary for me ..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Milkytracker on my system has the same behaviour - I still don't know what's causing it, it's one of the bug I hope to address for the next version of the tracker.

Varthall

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall

Peg2 for you ? It's not only "Milky" related. The same for example with "Protrekkr". Same for you ?

Looks like these thinks (ahi behaviors when move window) and 'noise beeps' in SDL apps are different ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

ok! Looks like i found where is a bug!

If i use any screen mode with 32 bit - i will have always in SDL apps these 'noise beeps'. If i use 16bit screen modes (does not matter which one by size, 640x480 or 800x600 or 1024x768) - all is ok!

The problem exactly when i have 32bit modes in workbench. Any idea what i need to check/set/add for make it works with 32bit screens ? Some 'refresh' problem thinks ? Like need right values into p96 setup ?

@vathall
Also problem with Milky are gone too, if i have 16bit screen mode for wb. All of this looks like like somethink must be setuped for screens for p96 i think ..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Same here, the audio slowdowns disappear when selecting a 16bit screen. I'll try recompiling Milky with the recent release of SDL, it might cure the problem.

Varthall

Go to top

Register To Post