Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

DU mention in MicroMart Magazine
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

I spotted that DU got a brief mention in the UK weekly general computing magazine MicroMart which was out last Thursday.

I often look at it in the newsagents and check the half page Amiga column and if it is interesting usually buy the magazine. If the Amiga section is not of interest I tend to give it a miss as the rest of it is mainly PC stuff of no relevance to me.

This week I had to buy it as while glancing at the Amiga section spotted my name and a small mention of the Du demo release

It is slightly out of date as the full version had been released by then but I guess there is some delay between the writing and publication.

So if you get Micromart or are able to spot it in a newsagents before next Thursday, have a peek at pages 104,105.

Bill

Go to top
Re: DU mention in MicroMart Magazine
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

Yeah, I saw you:) MM Is a good mag. I just wish it had more retro stuff in it. But hey, its got to make a living somehow, and pcs are the only way.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

Congrats! You are famous!
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I got this weeks Micro Mart today. There is a small update about DU in it, now saying that the full version is available. Nice to get a mention again.

A shame that it has resulted in zero extra sales though

Surely there must be a few more Amiga using astronomers out there !

With the current state of the UK pound DU is now a lot cheaper than it was for all you European and transatlantic OS4 users - don't wait until the pound goes up again and lose out.

Anyway work on v1.7 is in progress for the lucky few and I am also working on a new application 3D Stars which is very alpha at the moment but there is a brief introduction to what it will do on the DU website.

Bill.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BillE

Quote:
I got this weeks Micro Mart today. There is a small update about DU in it, now saying that the full version is available. Nice to get a mention again.

A shame that it has resulted in zero extra sales though

Hey, I bought it.
I received it a couple of days ago, and intend to install it this weekend.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:

Hey, I bought it.

Thanks for the support.

I know you did but that was /before/ the mention in the magazine.

Quote:

I received it a couple of days ago, and intend to install it this weekend.

I hope you enjoy it. Let me know how you get on. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. One of the things I intend to do is put a FAQ on the website but no one has ever asked any questions, never mind frequently.

Bill.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BillE

BillE wrote:
Quote:

I hope you enjoy it. Let me know how you get on. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. One of the things I intend to do is put a FAQ on the website but no one has ever asked any questions, never mind frequently.

How about:

1. Q. Wheel support works under MultiView and not in the help from inside DU is this a bug in DU.

A. No its a known issue with DU caused by a bug in OS4.X that needs to be fixed in OS4 to allow wheel mouse support to work with the programs internal help system using amiga guides.

1. Q. I have it installed and up and running and it looks very cool, but were do I start with using it the interface is a bit over whelming

A. take a look at this getting started tutorial see link

I know thats only 2 questions and only one has a real answer at this stage but I guess its a start and it may inspire other users to ask some questions as well.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Dwyloc

Thanks for the FAQ suggestions, one day [soon] I will put them up on the website.

> but were do I start with using it the interface is a
> bit over whelming

I was hoping for some questions a little more specific

An item on the basic navigation around the sky would be something to start with here. Such as the keyboard shortcuts for moving around and stepping through time, zooming in/out etc.

As for the rest of the GUI, more or less all windows and the gadgets in them do have context sensitive help. The HELP key (or Scroll Lock as it tends to be now) is your friend.

Bill.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BillE

I am already really enjoying playing around with DU and I would be completely lost without the excellent online help system.

It more a case of when I first loaded DU I felt somewhat overwhelmed and I am sure that like many new users I would get even more out of DU with a more extended getting started guide an some tutorials.

In fact they are the sort of thing that use to work very well in Amiga print magazines and I would love to see a few tutorials for DU in Amiga Future and I am sure it would also help to generate a few more sales when other OS4 user see what they are missing.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top

Register To Post