Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 122

sTix, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ClipDown
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Have read about this on another thread and the program appears to have potential.

Can't get it to work myself though.
Have tried to download from a link in OS4depot.
Just get this error.

Item in clipboard is not supported protocol.

Must be HTTP or FTP protocal.

(HTTPS: not currently supported.)

I have had a couple of minor ailments for the past month which have put the kybosh on any decent sleep during that time.
So I'm happy to admit I'm probably being a bit thick at the moment.

Any help or a line by line idiots guide to setting this up would be helpful.
In desperation, I've even read the guide but no luck.

Go to top
Re: ClipDown
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TiredOfLife

do you have wget in the same dirc as clipdown.
i allso had the same problim.but after copying the wget exe to the dric it works perfect,.

go into readme.
then ther is an link to gere to get wget.
and then you have to find wget ind the bin dirc og that file when you unzippet...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@retro

I have it in the C directory, which should work accoridng to the doc.

Might as well give a go though.

Cheers.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TiredOfLife

Quote:

TiredOfLife wrote:
Have read about this on another thread and the program appears to have potential.

Can't get it to work myself though.
Have tried to download from a link in OS4depot.
Just get this error.

Item in clipboard is not supported protocol.

Must be HTTP or FTP protocal.

(HTTPS: not currently supported.)

Ok, if your getting this far than I assume you have wget installed already.

It sounds to me like what you are doing is highlighting the link then using Right Amgia+C to copy the highlighted item into the clipboard, then clicking download. That will result in the error you are getting unless what you are highlighting is an actual http: or ftp: URL.

What you need to do is move the mouse over the link you want to download, Press the middle or right mouse button (depending on how you have OWB configured) and select "Copy link to clipboard" from the menu. Then click on ClickDown's download button and it will work, assuming the link points to a valid http: or ftp: URL.

If you still get this message could you post the link you are trying to download or PM it to me and I'll check it out.

If there are problems I'd like to fix them.

By the way, if you get errors like this then you can use the "Tools/View Clipped Item" (or something like that) menu item to see exactly what it's trying to download.

Thanks for the feedback!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

That's exactly what I was doing wrong.
Cheers mate.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Sinan wrote:
Don't worry ktadd, I am one of the people using Clipdown daily... Is it possible to show the progress of downloading process with wget and clipdown ?
That would be a nice addition...

Already done in the new unreleased version. It now shows the output of wget in a shell window, which includes a download progress indicator. This also allow for the use of Ctrl+C to abort downloads. The shell window can be moved to the back if it bothers some people.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Do you still plan to have this download from youtube and the like?
I think it might be time for me to retire IBrowse if that could be done.

Cheers.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

TiredOfLife wrote:

Do you still plan to have this download from youtube and the like?
I think it might be time for me to retire IBrowse if that could be done.

Here is what I already have implemented. I may release it soon if there is interest:

As of Version 2.0 ClipDown also supports playing direct links to audio and video files via streaming them with Mplayer. In addition, video files can be played from sites such as YouTube, MySpace, etc. via 'getvideo'.

An "Auto Action" capability has also been added and is now the default mode. When this mode is sleected 'ClipDown' will automatically decide to download the link, play a direct link, or play via 'getvideo' depenting on the URL and filename.

In "Auto Action" mode only the following video websites are supported as they are the most reliably working sites:

www.youtube.com (if video doesn't play properly use "Save with GetVideo" then try playing.)
vids.myspace.com
www.dailymotion.com
www.last.fm
www.guba.com/
www.amazon.com - Music (mp3 30 second clips) - Click play icon, cut URL, click "Auto Action"

(For other sites select the "Play with GetVideo" menu item.)

Version 2.0 supports playing of files with the following extensions via MPlayer:
(not all tested but they should work)

Video: .avi, .flv, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .wmv, .mov, .divx, .xvid, .3ivx, .vob, .m4v, .asf, .nsv, .3gp, .3g2, .m2v

Audio: .mp3, .wav, .wma, .ogg, .mp2, .ac3, .m4a, .mka, .au, .aiff

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

I should imagine there would be plenty of interest.
Ibrowse has been my favourite browser of any system for a long time but it is starting to struggle even more of late.
More lockups, more errors on certain sites.

From reading on the forums, OWB is starting to become the 1st choice browser for AOS for more and more Amigans.

Joerg has done a great job with OWB and I think your program could complement this nicely.

As ever, happy to do any testing you may require.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

See I wasn't the only one!!

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just found out I'm unavailable for 3 to 4 weeks. After that I'll look at releasing the new version if there is intrest.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

I just wanted to say how usefull I find ClipDown and I hope development continues.

When something already just works you dont tend to get the same level of feed back you get as you would if your program was more complex.

Infact I like the idea of having a download manager like getright for the amiga so it would be nice if ClipDown could develop into one over time.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

YEAH ! There is definitels interest here !

Thank you for the hard work !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

I just tried this program and it's quite nice.

One thing though, if a file with the same name already exists in the destination directory could you add an option to just write over it instead of adding a number to the end of the filename?

F.e. I just downloaded srec.lha and I already had a srec.lha in Downloads: so it was saved as "srec.lha2".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well, now I have tested it and it works real nice... Now I just need to script it to start with OWB.

A 'Save As' button would be nice too, maybe could be done with a flag when starting ClipDown (if it doesn't already exists, I did just a quick test yesterday and didn't read the docs)?

Edit: But it still would be nice to be able to send an url to it directly from an OWB context menu insted of having to press the button!

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Menthos

I am guessing as I dont know the OS4 api but it would probably be possible to have a mode were clipDown watches the clipboard for urls starting ether http or ftp and prompts you for were you want to down load them too.

So if it could be setup to only prompt for download requests for applications running from the same screen as clipdown we would have nice integrated solution that could work for any web browser running from that screen.

We would then be able to swap back and forward between ibrowser, aweb and OWB and depending on the website and personal preference for your preferred web browser and still have all your download managed in the same place. Equally if your web browser crashes on a bad web site that it cant handle clipDown could still continue downloading your selected downloads.

Go to top

Register To Post