Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 96

balaton, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

What do you think about....
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
What do you think about the idea to have a public forum/site where the users can clearly see the advance and developping of amiga os 4.x ?.. it would be nice ( IMHO ) to see how the developping goes on and what is going on... maybe if a bug has been fixed and other things...

It is just an idea..

Go to top
Re: What do you think about....
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

Good idea but this one should be handled by the developers or the beta testers and I guess thta the most of them would have little time for something like this. Or maybe not?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@CountRaven

At least, a place for reporting problems encountered with the AOS and make the suggested tests for the aos developpers to verify the problem.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre
Good idea, it would be very interesting!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Ideas like this always sound good but it's a bit like the o' tradesman arrives to do a job for you around the house and you're there keeping an eye on them to ensure they do what you want. Some people don't mind, alot of people do.

I wouldn't want someone breathing down my neck personally and if the site doesn't update for a defined amount of time? It'll just give fuel to some of those people out there that have little patience for inactivity.

If there is anything to be said that we need to really hear then the people involved have many avenues to inform us, via this site or others.

We don't have to be an active part of the creation; that's what feedback in the traditional way is for.

It's just one of those things I think, the world is obsessed with being an open book or everyone is everyones next door neigbour, I like space and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

But hey, I'm not trying to be over the top, heck, Rogue and Co may even like the idea. It's just not the way I'm betting

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer

Nevermind it was just an idea...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:

nubechecorre wrote:
@Slayer

Nevermind it was just an idea...

yes, and ideas are good. don't let flag burning Slayer's words worry you

in the end we are all pure opinion (based on fact or otherwise) , right or wrong is pretty much decided on chance of ratio within the collective group.

I have a bad habit of being quite the cynic and clinically practical to a fault, but I adore logic and there isn't really an alternative... heh, yikes, listen to me :-p

Can ya tell I've only had one hour sleep, it was so hot last night I ended up getting up at 4am!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

There are several devs and betatesters who read and post here regularly. We may poo-poo some of the "bug" reports, but if there is a repeatable problem and, best of all, a way to reliably reproduce it, we can and do raise formal bug reports that won't be forgotten. You may even be lucky and get the guy reponsible for that component to see the topic and fix it himself.

It's enough to raise a topic here asking about your problem(s). If it isn't an OS problem, someone will help you, if it is, it'll get noticed, reported and fixed.

The worst thing to do is to make an off-topic post to an existing thread with "hey, I've got this problem...". That sort of post is very likely to be missed.

cheers
tony
Go to top

Register To Post