Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 69

khayoz, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Peculiar Things
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I use a sponge when I take a bath.

Why is it that after about 15 to 20 minutes hairs are tangled up (tied too) and actually inside the sponge? Sometimes, both ends are inside the sponge! And they get knotted up real good too, and shrink the sponge down as though tying down a package real well for shipping, AND YET, were I given a hair and told, "try and push this hair into the sponge" it would be impossible! Or, if I tried to "wrap" it up tight, that would fail too, the hair would probably break as I tried to do so.

Is this quantum mechanics at work? I don't really believe in QM, but I don't understand it either. Haven't read up on it, but it seems as though it contradicts "common sense" in many ways that make it impossible to be at the core of the way all things function to make "our world" work the way it does. Imagine, a near infinite (to us) "quantum chance events" occur every second in only the atoms in 9 cubic meters around us, and yet at the same time our environment seems 100% stable to us.

Also, I just thought of a couple of things.

Do stars have electrons? I know they have protons, and neutrons, and neutrons are a proton and electron merged into one.

What is the shortest time of existence experiencable?

I would guess it would be 2 neutrons, packed in tight as can be in a neutron star, and while still vibrating, one emits a photon while traveling toward another, which is also traveling toward it and it gets absorbed by the approaching neutron. That must be one short period of time, huh?

Also, if you put 19 marbles in a jar then add one more, and later pull one out at a time, at the point of pulling the twentieth out, you will have the one identical to the very last one you put in, however, I was wondering, when a photon gets absorbed by a hydrogen atom (say), does the photon cease to exist, and when a photon is released, it is a NEW one, or could it be the very same one that was absorbed before? Could that ever be known even?

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Re: Peculiar Things
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Oh gee, really?

And this is interesting, and scary!!!

"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@Atheist

Answer: 42

Martin "Mason" Merz
www.masonicons.de

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe . . .
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Perhaps you can spare a few dollars?, they're hurting.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I find this hard to believe.

It would imply that there are stars forming all over the place, and they are just aimlessly wandering, and only until there's a major gravity well, do they pool up into communities.

I mean, that would imply that when we look into space, that EVERY galaxy has or had a black hole..... Could this really be true?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
In space you're weightless, but hey, we just bulked up!!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Check out what Adam Subhas found at the bottom of the ocean!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
ALWAYS something new to worry about!!!!

Go to top

Register To Post