Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
OWB 2.15
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... e=network/browser/owb.lha

2.15 (21.11.2008)

* The CONFIRMQUIT tooltype was only checked for the quit menu but not for the close menu when the last window is closed, fixed (bugs.os4depot.net issue #44).
* Using version 2.7.1 of libxml2 instead of 2.7.2 again, should fix some crashes.
* Built the current versions of libcairo and libpixman-1 as static link libraries, with the static libraries OWB works on AmigaOS 4.0 again.
* OWB 2.15 is linked with static libraries. Might fix the startup crashes I never get on my systems, but could cause even more crashes since most of the static versions of the libraries I have are older than the shared versions and very likely have more bugs.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: OWB 2.15
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I like the new http://strohmayer.org/owb/ website :)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Nice release and nice website!

This version starts up much faster than 2.13/2.14.
Almost instanteneous. (microA1 with OS4.1) Good work.

---

OT:
Can we please get rid of the falling SAM's? OWB gets really slow...
Thanks.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@joerg
Really great work.

The only thing that is needed now is the downloading of files. Have you ever thought to use one of the existing download managers like Charon or HttpResume through ARexx (http://www.heightanxiety.com/)? Specifically, the charon is a great program for such tasks.

edit...
Maybe you could add an icon parameter so that someone could gine the arexx command for the downloads. With this method, everyone could use an other program which he prefers. In case it is empty, then the OWB could use it's future solution for this.

Edited by walkero on 2008/11/21 15:00:31
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

* OWB 2.15 is linked with static libraries. Might fix the startup crashes I never get on my systems,

I've isolated this problem: it depends by SFS. I've moved my entire system from SFS partitions to FFS2 partitions, and now OWB doesn't crash anymore, and even NewsCoaster now right works...
Please joerg test yourself, I haven't change any system file or third parts library, I've just only make a backup, converted partitions from SFS to FFS2 and re-copied files properly. I've even activated FFS2 cache plugin on my partitions...

Here A1 G4 underclocked to 800mhz, 256mb ram, OS4.1, hd IDE on SiL060...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ShInKurO

All but one of my partitions is SFS (the other is JXFS), and i've never had an OWB crash. (OWB has always resided on an SFS partition).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@All

For os 4.1 user is better to use this version or the previous one about the speed ? as the previous one used the Cairo.. ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:
For os 4.1 user is better to use this version or the previous one about the speed ? as the previous one used the Cairo.. ?

I'm posting this with 2.15. It does seem faster than 2.14 here on OS 4.1

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ShInKurO
Quote:
Quote:
* OWB 2.15 is linked with static libraries. Might fix the startup crashes I never get on my systems,

I've isolated this problem: it depends by SFS. I've moved my entire system from SFS partitions to FFS2 partitions, and now OWB doesn't crash anymore, and even NewsCoaster now right works...
Please joerg test yourself,
Except for test partitions for the PartitionWizard FFS functions I don't have any FFS partitions, my SYS: partitions and the ones on which OWB is are SFS partitions.

Quote:
Here A1 G4 underclocked to 800mhz, 256mb ram, OS4.1, hd IDE on SiL060...
Try if it works using a slower speed, for example if you HD supports UDMA5 use UDMA4, and make sure the cables are correct (80 wire flat, don't use round cables and check that the master/slave drives are connected to the matching connector).

@nubechecorre
Quote:
2.15 uses Cairo as well, even a newer version than the one included in AmigaOS 4.1. OWB never used the AmigaOS bitmap surfaces which are only in the AmigaOS 4.1 version of Cairo. With static libraries it should be a little bit faster than with shared ones, and it's loaded much faster.

@walkero
Quote:
Have you ever thought to use one of the existing download managers like Charon or HttpResume through ARexx (http://www.heightanxiety.com/)?
That would have the same problems as the download hack in OWB Blastoise: OWB would abort the download and pass the URL to the download manager which would download it again, and that doesn't work on some sites which only allow a single download per IP.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Ok thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Well I can confirm it loads faster.
Massive increase in load speed.

Cheers

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

Great!!! And now again OWB works on OS4.0 !! This is very nice thanx Joerg!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@VooDoo

Wow, OS 4.0 too? Amazing. Now all we need is OS 3.9 and we'd be set :)

And of course downloads. But I am confident Joerg will eventually figure out how to get this browser to download :)

Thanks!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I know Voodoo is the happiest os4.0 user now :D

EDIT: Facebook works again. I just had some internet problems it seemd :D

When i start OWB it asks me for..
Please insert volume file: in any drive. If i press cancel then it goes to my page. With previous version it didnt asks me for that volume. Do i use wrong way to load my page from my partition ? This is the link i use.

file:///dh1/html/private/links.html

Edited by Kicko on 2008/11/21 22:44:31
Edited by Kicko on 2008/11/21 23:54:57
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joerg

Are the gif supported ? try to look at this site :

http://www.os4games.it/sdlgames.html

The " new " on the right should be a color cycle but it is static..

Any idea ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko

I try login to facebook wiht 2.15 ad it works oK!

Yeah I'am happiest user now :D AmigaOS 4.x RuleZ :D

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Kicko

Quote:

Kicko wrote:

[...]

Please insert volume file: in any drive. If i press cancel then it goes to my page. With previous version it didnt asks me for that volume. Do i use wrong way to load my page from my partition ? This is the link i use.

file:///dh1/html/private/links.html

Aren't you supposed to have a servername in there as well? I.e. something like file://localhost/dh1 ... ?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:
Are the gif supported ?
Gif anims currently don't work in OWB (all versions, it's not related to the AmigaOS 4.x port).

@Kicko

Quote:
Please insert volume file: in any drive. If i press cancel then it goes to my page.
Here it even crashes after pressing cancel
Network handling, incl. file:// URLs, is done by libcurl in OWB. As I wrote in the release notes the static versions of most libraries I have are older and may have more bugs than the shared versions, the static libcurl.a is obviously such a case and handling of file:// URLs is broken in it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

best OWB to date!
no crash on startup yet, and it works with my routet! <3

edit: the owb starter is redundant with this static version. it loads too fast ;)

edit2: posting from owb, it's still a bit slow to type with owb.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

* Built the current versions of libcairo and libpixman-1 as static link libraries, with the static libraries OWB works on AmigaOS 4.0 again.

I assume these are built with newlib, right?

If so could you upload them to OS4Depot? I tried building them a while back but I must have done something wrong because the program I compiled with them just crashed immediately (I didn't have this problem with Andrea's port).

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »