Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

"abort" button during transfer from ptp camera (os4.1)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Doesn't work here.
Can anyone reproduce?

10x,
Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Re: "abort" button during transfer from ptp camera (os4.1)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jack

Yes, to Varthall :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
And:
1. Does anyone knows where are the docs of the utility?

2. I would like to have an option for different-than-"ram:" destination directory.
And maybe some ppl would like some different than yyyy-mm-dd directory naming conventions as options (presonally I'm happy with the current, it just matches the convention I use here)

Jack

Edited by Jack on 2008/9/28 22:20:41
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jack

As Shinkuro said, I can confirm it, with my Kodak camera the Abort button doesn't work too.

Varthall

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall:

Now I see
Here canon powershot (mine a95 and borrowed a720)

Otherwise works great (an option to change the default deatination and it'll be perfect)

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Well the 'Abort Queue' as it should be called.. not sure if it got lost in the translation... do actual work.

It do not stop a current transfer but only the Queue.. meaning it finishes current one and then stops.

Beta testers mention this too, so I guess it something I have to look into.. I dident know exactaly how to do it.. so I need to the use trail and error method for this, but as you can see I dident get around to it.

About the default dir, you can change that and select save in the menu.

RWO

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rwo

Quote:

It do not stop a current transfer but only the Queue.. meaning it finishes current one and then stops.

What is the queue? When I click "abort", it continues file after file till the (current) queue is finished.

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rwo

Then make a queue out of each photo to transfer...

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
There is two processes running when you see the PTP gui..

There is the USB process that runs as fast the usb allows it to...

Then I have put the GUI code inside its own progress, that way it will seam responcive at all time.

So lets say you select 10 pictures in the GUI... what happens now when you press Transfer, is that the gui sends 10 messages to the USB process, trasfer this picture * 10 times.

The usb process just put them at the back of current queue.

The usb process, just keeps running one picture after another...

Lets say then usb process is still working on the first picture and the user presses 'Abort Queue'.. now the GUI process send a clear queue command and a return to selector command to the usb process.

The usb process, gets the clear queue first... it removes all messages in the queue, the it get the return command.. that is just added at then end of the queue (that now empty).

The usb process keep working on the current picture tell its either finish or an error occures. after that it executes the return gui command, and then stops and goes into idling.

I hope this makes sence :) and give you a inside how it works.

PS: I know you all wanting it to stop immitely.. the current version can't.. and I need some expermenting to get that working.

PPS: if this do not make sense at all, its becoarse I have been up around 30 hours now :/

RWO

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rwo

Quote:

About the default dir, you can change that and select save in the menu.

It worked (but locked the machine upon saving, no GR, just freeze).
After reboot and reconncting the camera the saved dir came up fine.

Now going to open another thread on printing using ps printer.

JAck

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rwo

Quote:

PPS: if this do not make sense at all, its becoarse I have been up around 30 hours now :/

So what are u doing here?

Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

Hmm, I have to investigate the Save.. last time I used it, it was fine.. I have havent got any bug reports about it before..

but you can change the setting from a Shell, just type this

saveenv SAVE USB/ptp.usbfd "DOWNLOADPATH=Work:Parparizzy/"

There is some more info about this in sys:Documentation/usb

RWO

Go to top

Register To Post