Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 59

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Reaction Roadmap?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'm wondering if there's an official roadmap for the Reaction GUI system? More precisely, is drag and drop support on the roadmap? And what's it's priority?

Drag and drop is the main item that's missing that I wish was supported. It would my the prime motivation to choose MUI as the GUI system for an application over Reaction.

Hans

Go to top
Re: Reaction Roadmap?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

Drag and drop would be really handy. For PFTP i had to roll my own, and even then had to resort to using the middle mouse button (which is a little counter intuitive, but it works).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xeron

Quote:

xeron wrote:
@Hans

Drag and drop would be really handy. For PFTP i had to roll my own, and even then had to resort to using the middle mouse button (which is a little counter intuitive, but it works).

How much effort was creating your own? Why did you end up using the middle mouse button?

It would really help if we had a standard drag & drop API. We'd need a draggable class, drop-zone class, and any listview type object would probably need to have their own customized version. Maybe it could build on the current icon based drag & drop which works on a per app/window basis.

Hans

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

I originally intended to subclass the listbrowser gadget so that I could detect a click and drag out of the edge, but if you subclass the listbrowser, it doesn't smooth scroll any more (probably in case the subclass wants to do some sort of custom rendering that would break the smooth scrolling).

So, I tried adding an IDCMPHook to the window, but you can't trap left mousebutton clicks over the listbrowser. You CAN however trap middle button clicks over it.

For the actual dragging, I opened a borderless toolbar window (the kind that can't get focus), and used ChangeWindowBox() from the same IDCMPHook (using IDCMP_MOUSEMOVE events) to keep it just under the pointer.

Go to top

Register To Post