Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
49 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SmartFilesystem 1.273
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
A new version of SFS is available on the SFS homepage.

Go to top
Re: SmartFilesystem 1.273
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Thank you for alerting us. I have now upgraded.

I was worried about the installation being complex, but I see only one file in the archive "Kickstart/SmartFilesystem", so it was an obvious case of just extracting to sys: (and doing a cold boot, of course!) :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Thanks, downloading!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Thanks for the continued development of SFS. :)

I've just had a look at the complete 1.273 archive and have a few questions regarding the following tools:

SFSconfig
SFSdefrag
SFSobject
SFSquery

There are two copies of the above programs in the archive. One set in the "Smartfilesystem" directory and more in the "Smartfilesystem/AmigaOS3.x" directory.

Which are the correct to use? It's left me a little confused as they have different creation dates and file sizes.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Bloodwych

Quote:

Bloodwych wrote:
@joerg

Thanks for the continued development of SFS. :)

I've just had a look at the complete 1.273 archive and have a few questions regarding the following tools:

SFSconfig
SFSdefrag
SFSobject
SFSquery

There are two copies of the above programs in the archive. One set in the "Smartfilesystem" directory and more in the "Smartfilesystem/AmigaOS3.x" directory.

Which are the correct to use? It's left me a little confused as they have different creation dates and file sizes.
Depends on which Version of AmigaOS you are using, the executables in the Smartfilesystem directory are AmigaOS4 PPC native ones (not all, only the ones for which there are duplicates in the AmigaOS3.x directory), the executables in the AmigaOS3.x directory are m68k executables.
If you are using AmigaOS 3.x move the programs from the Smartfilesystem/AmigaOS3.x directory to Smartfilesystem (replacing the PPC ones you can't run), if you are using AmigaOS4 you can delete the AmigaOS3.x directory.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Brilliant, thanks for the quick response.

I thought that may have been the case, but just wanted to check to be absolutely sure I had the full set of correct tools for Workbench 3.x

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @joerg

Thanks! Wow, 1.270 was working pretty good.
What does 'ACTION_WRITE' refer to.

I hit the 'panic button' the other day! AS IS copy the SDK directory to flash drive and crapped out in LOCAL/Perl5.85. I Locked-up into a infinite loop in the shell! Ironically, Python saved me! Questions:

DoesSDK directory have sub dir. depth limits?
Does CopyDisk to USB device (FAT32) require extra parameters?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

Snuffy wrote:
Hi @joerg

Thanks! Wow, 1.270 was working pretty good.
What does 'ACTION_WRITE' refer to.
The ACTION_WRITE packet is used by the dos.library function Write(). In SFS < 1.273 writing to files > 2 GB didn't work correctly, for example creating larger ISO9660 image files didn't work with AmiDVD 1.30.

Quote:
I hit the 'panic button' the other day! AS IS copy the SDK directory to flash drive and crapped out in LOCAL/Perl5.85. I Locked-up into a infinite loop in the shell! Ironically, Python saved me!
Very likely a problem with USB and not related to SFS.

Quote:
Questions:

DoesSDK directory have sub dir. depth limits?
Not in AmigaOS file systems like SFS, FFS, etc., but I don't know if FAT has a limit.

Quote:
Does CopyDisk to USB device (FAT32) require extra parameters?
No.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table

Max number of files
FAT12: 4,077
FAT16: 65,517
FAT32: 268,435,437

Go to top