Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOS4 SDK 53.34 Questions?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So I installed SDK 53.34 by renaming the old SDK directory and doing a fresh install. In comparing the old instalation to the new one I've found a difference in the C directory.

Old SDK 53.30 has a file named "LDCK" which is 1,196,656 in size.
New SDK 53.34 does not have this file.

Does anyone know what this file is and do I need it?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: AmigaOS4 SDK 53.34 Questions?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
if i remember right it comes from Enhancer. There was some attempt to make an auto-library-generator or something of that sort (do not remember correctly that) but for some years I heard nothing about it.

Not sure if anyone ever uses it more than just for tests.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
if i remember right it comes from Enhancer.

Thanks Kas1e.

I'm assuming SDK 53.34 includes the Enhancer updates to the SDK as well. Is that correct?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
No no, those fully separated projects. For all Enhancer stuff that is up to Mattew. I remember Matthew put some SDK for enhancer classes somewhere on some page where you need to register to download it. yeah, no os4depot upload/download :) And while many of us trying to explain that no os4depot free upload/download of classes and SDK mean no one will use them Mattew did as he did and probably in the end no one except those developers inside of Enhancer's team is used them as we expect :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
No no, those fully separated projects. For all Enhancer stuff that is up to Mattew.

Ok, so it looks like I need to install the SDK portion of the Enhancer2 install package. Does that sound right?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

Ok, so it looks like I need to install the SDK portion of the Enhancer2 install package. Does that sound right?

if you use Enhancer's classes: then yes. do not know if at the current stage SDK from Enhancer didn't overwrite some of Hyperon's SDK files. That needs carefully check before installing.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Question: Why does clib2/string.h in 53.34 not contain 'strnlen' whilst the version of clib2 on github does?

I get the feeling there is a breakaway / experimental scene going on here that forks off from the latest SDK and adds features not officially released.

The SDK provides 53.34 with GCC version 4.2.4, yet a lot of developers use at least version 8 now. Does the same sort of thing also apply to the SDK?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@rjd324
The SDK 53.34 release was not about updating all the components of the SDK, but to compine the old SDK (53.30) with the two OS updates and latest fixes. Please, have a look at the sdk_relnotes of what was updated in this release.

The next SDK release, which is currently in the works, will have GCC updated, as well as most of the components. That will need more testing by the beta testers and will require more time to be released.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
I remember Matthew put some SDK for enhancer classes somewhere on some page where you need to register to download it.

SDK is in the Enhancer Software Core (free of charge). The most up to date SDK is found in the latest Enhancer Software V2.1 download, released in October. Core is due an update soon to bring SDK to same level as the SDK in V2.1

Quote:
some page
: not a random web page, it is on the main AmiSphere.com website.

Quote:
Register to download it
: most of the OS4 population are already registered and regularly using the AmiSphere login so it is well know. The one unified AmiSphere login credentials are used for AMIStore, Updater, Amisphere.com

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
if i remember right it comes from Enhancer. There was some attempt to make an auto-library-generator or something of that sort (do not remember correctly that) but for some years I heard nothing about it.

LDCK is the Library and Device Construction Kit.

It was created as an alternative to IDTools - which rather unhelpfully and stealthly pastes "Copyright Hyperion" notices over every text file it creates.

Quote:
Not sure if anyone ever uses it more than just for tests.

We use it to create our libraries and devices. The Video Acceleration Library was the most recent project to be created with LDCK.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rjd324
Quote:
Question: Why does clib2/string.h in 53.34 not contain 'strnlen' whilst the version of clib2 on github does?

In order to get C++17 going, clib2 needed some work. And since the sources are out there, it's quicker to just do it rather than wait for someone else to do it (especially when it's not entirely clear what really needs to be done).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

Quote:

The SDK 53.34 release was not about updating all the components of the SDK, but to compine the old SDK (53.30) with the two OS updates and latest fixes.

Wait...so if i have 53.30 and the two updates i don't need this?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Raziel
I would say you "need" it because it has newer ExecSG SDK, DOS SDK and a few fixes against the older version and the two updates.

Of course, if your current installation is working for you fine, and you do not want to change it, maybe you would like to wait for the next release. It is up to you of course.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

I think i'll wait.
I don't really develop anything, i port and i'm pretty sure what i have is sufficient

Thank you

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@George (And all)
Quote:

I would say you "need" it because it has newer ExecSG SDK,

Everyone should be aware that in this latest "ExecSG" SDK Steven made Reshudule() function be private. That in turn means with the new ExecSG SDK no one will be able to build ADtools cross-compilers anymore (that used for AmigaOS specific threading code).

Thomas and Sebastian already explain to Steven that this function should be public back, but knowing Steven, I fear it can stay like this.

So, the only solution to build now Adtools : use the new SDK, but take the exec includes from the previous SDK. Or, hack the ExecSG includes and maybe Reshudule() be public function again. I for myself use private ExecSG includes so it should be very easy to hack current includes in that term.

I only found that 3 days ago, so we weren't in luck to fix it for release.

Another issue with the new SDK (with new newlib includes to be more precise) is that it support much more stuff now, and for example, when i configure libCurl, it configures a bit more things to be usable on our side than before, and, those new parts make libcurl not works as expected.

None of those 2 issues can't be dealt with by workarounds, but you all should know about it.

@Geogrge
Probably for the next SDK, we need to make in Exec includes Reshudule() be public back. Even if Steven will not want it. Or just jump back to older Exec includes, then. Because as you can read from os4-beta mails, all devs say it should be public, but you know ..

And maybe will be a good idea to make a fast fix for our сurrent SDK as well as when one will install it and have no ability to build cross-compilers or work on adtools that will kind of bad.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Maybe we shouldn't rely on amateur retired programmers any more

Go to top

Register To Post