Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 20 »
Re: Face of Qt 6
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

Sounds like framebuffer objects?

There is an open Nova issue regarding floating point texture format and I couldn't get glReadPixels to work with FBOs but maybe you don't need these features?

Go to top
Re: Face of Qt 6
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Capehill

Actually I was thinking about loading a Bitmap as a texure and use it for rendering, but obviously I can grab it to memory and read from there. I was just wondering, if there was a more direct approach.

Go to top
Re: Qt 6 progress
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkkil
I asked Daniel about (who wrote ogles2.library for us), and that what he say:

Quote:

If you just wants to load and draw bitmaps he should stick with the normal AOS4 graphics functions (maybe compositing if he wants to have filtered scaling), there's no benefit of using ogles2 here.

If you want to use ogles2 to speed up the drawing of certain bitmaps inside an otherwise "normal" Amiga UI, then unless you wants to do so to also do some nifty effects on the GPU like blurring or whatsoever I don't see any benefit over traditional offscreen bitmaps and std. blitting.

Hope it helps

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks. I was looking for an easy workaround to a problem I'm facing getting Qt to write GL and non-GL graphics to the same frame. I have another possible solution, so I'll be allright.

BUT. I have another question. There is the concept of a shared context, and as far as my research goes, they seem to have this function :

Quote:
When a group of contexts share data, objects created by glCreateShader, glCreateProgram, glGenTextures, or glGenBuffers are shared across all contexts in the group. This doesn’t apply to all object types, only those with what OpenGL considers “data” (as opposed to “state”). “Container” objects (e.g. VAOs and FBOs) aren’t themselves shared, even if the contained objects (VBOs and textures/renderbuffers) are. When an object is shared, both its data and state are shared; e.g. for a texture, both the pixel arrays (glTexImage) and the parameters (glTexParameter) are shared.

This seems to be impossible for ogles2.library contexts, and this poses a problem for QOpenGLWidget compatibility. Suggestions?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
All contexts which you create via lib_iface_gl->aglCreateContext2 should be able to share the same objects (textures, shaders, shader-progs) if they are created using the same interface lib_iface_gl

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Ok. Good to know. Then the problem must be something else. I have a context crash at exit, and it goes away when I reduce the number of contexts to 1.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

I have reproduced a crash issue when creating 2 OpenGL contexts and destroying them at the exit.

If I can make a smaller example I will post a bug report to Mantis. Not sure if it's an OGLES2 / Nova issue.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Capehill :

Thanks for the info. I will treat it as an issue to be solved elsewhere.

And Sorry guys for the delay. I must admit, that banging my head against the crash issue, that Cape hill talks about took some of my power. Well, here's a show of the current state of functioning:

Qt 6 QOpenGLWidget

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Are you going to limit this Radeon HD cards only??

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@utri007

GLES2 is the minimum requirement for Qt6. I am not going to rebuild Qt to make it work for MiniGL only systems. This is simply too steep a challenge.

On the other hand, most functions will work with all systems, as long as the application doesn't use QOpenGLWindow and QOpenGLWidget. In fact, the port is so simple put together, that it would probably work on OS3 with very little modification. Could be interresting to see, if someone is up for THAT challenge... ;)

@Capehill

Thanks!

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@alfkil
When Qt6 will be ready, it will be released free of charge? Are you funded by anyone? How can we donate?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Well... I have put an awefull lot of work into it already, and what I have now is actually quite finished except for a few things. I think Qt license allows me to charge for use of my software, as long as I leave the sources open (they are already available). My gut is always to just give away in the hope of someone gaining happiness from usage in the other end. But maybe I would increase value by adding a small fee?

I would probably just want to ask people around here : Do you prefer a free product and possibility of donating by heart, or do you want me to set up something on AmiStore or elsewhere? I would probably feel best about doing, what the community wants and not be too creative. My feeling is, that people are more than happy to donate responsibly, so maybe that is my first choice.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

First of all congrats and welcome back!
Now questions

Did you was able to reuse atleast some part of the old code from the the previous QT 4.7 port... or you rewrite everything from scratch?
I hope you was, at least in part giving all the huge work and the accurate months of betatesting we did
The old project was almost fully functional and completed except a few things... it would be sad to restart testing everything, rethink solutions for problems already solved at the time etc

Aniway, about the licence, giving the nature of the project I believe it could be better to release it freely (but accept donations) as you did with the old 4.7 port

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Hi Samo79! Good to see you again.

I did a little bit of copy pasting for the input functions, but apart from that everything is organized completely different in the newest version, and there is very little possibility of reuse. But that is not necessarily bad, since the new organization of the platform dependent code makes it much, much easier to direct the inputs and ouputs necessary for platform function.

I think I will just open my PayPal account for donations. It is located at alfkil@gmail.com.

If someone wants to test the current state, I am going to post a build manual soon on the git page. It would be good to see someone else than me build the code, so it doesn't get lost in case, you know...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Seen on Twitter "btw, someone who cares about big endian systems should look into fixing qt6-shadertools, as with current qt 6.2.0 at least qt6-quick and qt6-declarative fail to build (shader compilation crashes)

if this is not fixed, it will likely result in stuff disappearing as it migrates"

https://twitter.com/octaforge/status/1445455054668898311

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@alfkil
I'd like to let you know that today, me and my supporters at ko-fi, donated to your WIP port of Qt6. The donation is currently in pending status. I believe after a few days you will be able to see that money coming your way.

If anyone needs more information about that donation, please read https://ko-fi.com/post/Today-we-donate-to-2-projects-K3K26J9XT.

I'd like to thank all of my supporters for that. Without them this would not be possible.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Donated!

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Thanks for the support! This means a lot, and I am happy to let you know, that I will work hard to make a finalized project.

At the moment I have been waiting in vain for a piece of equipment, that was sent to the wrong address. This gadget is a donation from Bill Borsari, and I have been trippin' to get it home. I will go buy one soon from a regular Danish store. The plan is to do a streaming event on Twitch. Here I will show, what I have been working on with the Qt port and maybe play some music. It will take a few weeks, before I can set it up, because I am busy elsewhere. Also there is AmiWest, so I'd better wait not to be streamed all away :).

Thanks for the support, guys. It is quite exiting stuff, and I will make sure to take the beast home in a comfortable manner.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Donation sent.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 20 »