Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 114

FlynnTheAvatar, salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Radeon HD 6450
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Gregor

Do you have a chance to plug a pc/linux in and get a readout of the (non-working on AmigaOS 4.1) screenmodes from there by creating/using modes on the foreign os?

I'd be interested in the frequencies *they* use for those modes, especially the vertical ones.

There might be a fix

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Gregor

Quote:
Is that limitation only due to the DVI/VGA? If HDMI works with MOS, can you there get higher resolutions?

The drivers on AmigaOS4.1 boot cd, is only for booting, its not the full driver, you need to buy driver from A-EON.
To get higher resolutions.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gregor

What LiveForIt says. It's because Hyperion didn't finance the Radeon driver development or paid A-EON a licence fee for the full driver.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

Unfortunately I am now (during several weeks) in different place than the HD 6450 and the Eizo I spoke about... But I already had a look on those frequences via Linux installed on the same X5000 but unfortunately I did not write them down... But I remember there was nothing peculiar in them, they were near 60 Hz.

Edited by Gregor on 2022/1/12 17:31:03
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

>The drivers on AmigaOS4.1 boot cd, is only for booting, its not the full
>driver, you need to buy driver from A-EON. To get higher resolutions.

Now I do not understand your point...? I have not mentioned the boot cd anywhrere in my text and have NOT used the basic driver on it! I use only the latest Radeon HD driver from the Enhancer Plus package, and everything I have written in this thread points only to it.

Besides, the resolution limit of that 'basic driver' on CD is only 1024x768, much lower than the 1080p (1920 x ....) someone mentioned here to be the limit with HD 6450 and HDMI. So, the 'basic driver' has nothing to do with the issues discussed here.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)