Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Problem with MUI PopaslObject
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have a project that runs a MUI GUI on a separate process that I start with NP_Child,true. The rest is pretty much default.

Everything works fine. I have a message passing system between tasks so no cross-thread access of MUI etc. But I cannot include PopaslObject in the GUI because then the GUI creation crashes with wierd and random results. DAR is typically 0x39553933 ("9U93").

If I remove PopaslObject from the MUI GUI creation tree all else works fine.

Does PopaslObject have a problem with being run on a process other than main?

OS4 latest final update.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Re: Problem with MUI PopaslObject
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Deniil

1. there is a MUI bugtracker at https://github.com/amiga-mui/muidev/issues
2. just a single register content from a crashlog does not help anybody. Please provide a full crashlog. And if possible please use the debug version of muimaster.library to get a more detailed crashlog.
3. Popasl.mui is a subclass of Popstring.mui and does nothing fancy but allocating an Asl requester in its constructor. have you tried Popstring directly in your application?

Go to top
Re: Problem with MUI PopaslObject
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'll do some more tests, like using Popstring, and creating the Popasl separately by itself. Both in the main thread and then in the GUI thread and see what happens.

Reproducability is key to find such a bug. A simple crash log is about as helpful as a simple DAR register...

Just wanted to see if this is somehow a known problem or at least heard of before. The Popasl obviously works in normal cases or many MUI programs would fail. The only thing that makes this program stand out is that the MUI GUI isn't created and run on the main process of the program.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post