Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
74 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 73

AmigaPapst, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

aiostreams and mplayer-gui
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is there a way to use mplayer-gui with aiostreams scripts? I cannot get the wanted video loaded to mplayer-gui, only the program is opened... How should it be formulated in the prefs file?

Go to top
Re: aiostreams and mplayer-gui
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
AFAIK mplayer_GUI it's only a GUI it launches mplayer executable (the one you have set in MPlayer tab)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gregor

I gave it a try but like Jabirulo mentioned..just a Gui for the M-Player.
I did made a video a while ago to use AIOstreams with contextual menus in Odyssey. This might help.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nLi9k_w54Ec

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Gregor
Thanks for using aiostreams. Unfortunately, aiostreams uses external players to start automatically video playback. But, if you change the "verbose" to "True" at the cfg.py, you will be able to find at the end of the printed info the url that aiostreams pushes to players. This maybe will be able to be used in the MPlayer-GUI, but you need to copy and paste it manually.

The code and the line you need to change can be seen at
https://github.com/walkero-gr/aiostreams/blob/master/cfg.py#L10

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Also, can you please tell me why you would like to load MPlayer-GUI? I would like to understand how you want to use it, in case I will be able to add that as a feature to the aiostreams.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero
Thank you for your answer! I tested to set the Verbose=True and copy the metalink to MPlayer-gui, but there is a problem... The string from a Youtube video seems to be 'too long', as the end part of it is deleted! Is this a limitation of MPlayer-gui, or the clipboard of AmigaOS...?

The reason for using MPlayer-gui is that I would like to 'navigate' freely in the video and jump into a certain point, if needed. This seems not to be possible with the plain mplayer (I'm using the mick-jt branch).

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Gregor
I believe that mplayer uses keys to move forward or backward in time. i would recommend you to buy emotion player, which has that feature in it's window and some more as well.

About that truncated url I believe it is a problem of the mplayer GUI.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero
>I believe that mplayer uses keys to move forward or backward in time.

That is somewhat unexact... There is also the -ss parameter in mplayer with which you can give the starting point (do not know how to get it to work with aiostreams, which uses the same parameter fo other purpose!), but if you cannot see at which point you are after playing the video further, it is difficult to continue from that point later.

>i would recommend you to buy emotion player, which has that feature in it's window and some more as well.

I have tried the demo version of Emotion, but it was extremely unstable and could not load many of the mp4 videos/streams I tested (with mplayer and vlc there was no problems). Has these bugs been fixed in the commercial version?

And how well does it work with an ordinary HD 5450? As I need to use Linux daily (and also MorphOS occasionally), e.g. the Radeon RX models are out of question!

>About that truncated url I believe it is a problem of the mplayer GUI.

I sent a message to Daniel, I hope he can find some fix for the issue.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Should aiostreams still work with Youtube...? For some reason I get now just the 404 error when trying to use it with any Youtube video. I am using the version currently in OS4depot (20 Mar 2021).

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Gregor
Thank you for using the aiostreams. Possible in some videos doesn't work, but it might do for others. I would recommend to try YT (http://os4depot.net/?function=showfile&file=video/misc/yt.lha). Possible the issues will be fixed on future release.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero
Thanks for the tip! YT works fine on my system. But also aiostreams's search function is still functional, so no reason to abandon it .

Go to top

Register To Post