Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

VirusZ & xvs.library is back, but needs help
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
George Wittmann (Former Hörmann) is back to make changes to VirusZ and xvs.library, but George needs your help.

George writes: After 15 years of doing absolutely nothing on my Amiga, and many people asking me again and again if I would like to release the sourcecodes of VirusZ and xvs.library, I now have decided to do so...
But before that, I finally want to fix VirusZ and xvs.library for MorphOS, AROS and AmigaOS 4.x systems, and therefore I need some help as I actually don't have any of these systems (only AROS inside WinUAE as m68k version).

So this is why I've written this small tool here.
MAA4SIC just collects information about your system and dumps that to your Shell window. Just redirect the output to a file and send it to: schorsch.wittmann@gmx.de

If you are running on MorphOS, AROS or AmigaOS 4.x MOS/AROS/AOS4 System Info Collector tool

- Download (From Aminet)
http://aminet.net/package/util/virus/MAA4SIC

Georg Wittmann (Former Hörmann)
E-mail: schorsch.wittmann@gmx.de

Go to top
Re: VirusZ & xvs.library is back, but needs help
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

Done!!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Samo79
Sent him two outputs(v0.01 and 0.02) from X5000 already, maybe I should find and unpack my microA1 and send that too.

We're gonna need this software once Amiga has world domination again! ;)

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

Ok just received another mail from him, probably some extra info about installed memory needed aswell

Quote:
Thanks for the old and new report, AmigaOS 4.x seems not ot use MemList in ExecBase any longer as there's unfortunately no list of memory after the ResModules in your report

Do we have any other system info tool on your Amiga that can show a list of installed/available memory?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

sent

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Done

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@khayoz
Quote:
We're gonna need this software once Amiga has world domination again! ;)

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

Thanks for the old and new report, AmigaOS 4.x seems not [to] use MemList in ExecBase any longer as there's unfortunately no list of memory after the ResModules in your report.

The OS4 memory system doesn't work that way any more. You can't just interrogate ExecBase to find out the limits of physical memory (ExecBase is no longer open to the world), and you can't access any part of system memory using physical addresses anyway, since it is all relocated to virtual addresses for each task.

Only the kernel's memory system knows where everything is and it's not telling - you don't need to know.

You could probably get the size information from U-Boot before AmigaOS is booted, but once the system is running, you won't find memory at those addresses and your task will just crash.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tonyw

Thanks for the info Tony, i've passed to him

Go to top

Register To Post