Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 »
Re: Enhancer Software v2.0 Released
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Amigo1

I had already reported the first four archiver notes to the tracker

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:
- Exchanger: Enhancement request: show the keyboard shortcut (hotkey) for the selected commodity in the "information box"

Commodities do not register their hotkeys in a way that they can easily be retrieved. As an application programmer, all you get from the system is a struct CxBrokerCopy for each running commodity, which provides some information about the respective commodity broker but, sadly, not about the hotkey. (This is because hotkeys are associated with CxFilter objects, rather than CxBroker objects.)

One possible way would be to locate each file associated with the commodity (if it exists), find its icon (if it exists), parse the tooltypes and see if the hotkey is stored there. Unfortunately, I'm unable to work on Exchanger at the moment due to more pressing matters.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for the advice kas1e.
I will post them there. :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Great! I've posted the rest about Archiver, the others will follow.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

I see..

In my opinion it would be a nice feature.

I wonder what others think about it..

So the OS should offer this.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:

- Archiver: does not offer the option to assign a default destination dir where the archive should be unarchived to. e.g. UnArc tooltypes (DESTINATION=)

Archiver already supports the ARCHIVE and DESTINATION tooltypes same as UnArc.

The ARCHIVE tooltype can be used to either set an archive that is always opened initially when the program is run or just to set a default path for the ASL requester used for opening archives.

The DESTINATION tooltype sets the initial destination path (default is RAM: if the tooltype is not set).

Quote:

- Archiver: A tooltypes option for Archiver to open at certain coordinates and Window Size would be very handy (See UnArc tooltypes)

You should be able to snapshot/unsnapshot the window from the dropdown menu in the window title bar.

Quote:

- Archiver: IMHO the keyboard shortcuts are a little unconventional; e.g. "l" for "select all"? Why does it not stay close to system style and use "a"?

IIRC "l" is used there because "A" was at some point used for "Extract All". This will be changed in the next version.

Quote:

- Archiver: IMHO, the GUI needs an overhaul. The "Open" button is mispositioned.

Where would you put it then? If it's on a separate row it wastes too much space IMO.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Quote:

Archiver already supports the ARCHIVE and DESTINATION tooltypes same as UnArc.

The ARCHIVE tooltype can be used to either set an archive that is always opened initially when the program is run or just to set a default path for the ASL requester used for opening archives.

The DESTINATION tooltype sets the initial destination path (default is RAM: if the tooltype is not set).

Yes, it does, but not as cli command.
Failed to open archive 'destination'.

It also lacks some kind of AUTOEXTRACT option (like the one from UnArc), which makes it impossible to use it from contextmenues or some other scripts.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Now thats great, I was reading somewhere that if you buy enhancer 1.5 you get the update to 2.0 free. Ok where is it? I cant update anything past 1.5. No AmiDVD update and the worst part i just bought 2 games yesterday and i cant play them because lib updates which i dont have access to of course. This is not transparent at all. The Amistore App doesnt show me much options some of it seems to be missing. I need the hd v3 drivers but i dont know where to buy and what to trust because im not in the mood to do it twice. Why isnt there a way to make things simpler instead of using a thousand different apps and going in a loop or chasing your own tail?

Btw Acube starts pissing me off, i tried again to buy the sam460 uboot update to have the latest on it and on checkout it shows me the cost as 0 dollars. Is it that hard to fix the Shopping cart system? Besides the fact it takes them ages to answer.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@devils_advisorQuote:
I was reading somewhere that if you buy enhancer 1.5 you get the update to 2.0 free
There is a lot of misinformation on various fora that leads to these unfortunate misunderstandings. There was a Radeon Graphics update that would give you a free upgrade to Enhancer 2.0.
I bought this Radeon graphics update and indeed got the free upgrade to enhancer 2.0.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Now thats just dandy. I bought that thing twice for no reason. If anybody wonders why the amiga community is so bitter this is why: transparency. Nobody knows whats going on but everybody knows something. That Radeon HD v3 driver doesnt show in the Amistore, most of the Categories are empty even though they have numbers like 4 and such.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@devils_advisor

The Radeon V3 graphics update was the enhancer pre 2.0 release where you could already get access to the latest RadeonHD driver and the new RadeonRX driver. Now that enhancer 2.0 is here, the graphics V3 update is redundant and removed from the amistore. So basically Radeon V3 is the full enhancer2.0 release now. If you have a souther island card and want to run most old Warp3d games and applications, you should also buy the Warp3d Southern Island package. If not, minigl4gl4es (os4depot) should offer sufficient compatibility. Eg. Shogo runs with a SI card and Warp3D SI libraries. But it doesn't run with a RadeonRX and minigl4gl4es

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So bottom line is another 96 bucks, i probably never have piece in my house if i have to explain where the money goes

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@devils_advisor

Could be worse. There's no game pass or pay2win system on amigaos yet. Like on PC, consoles and mobiles. In that case you really don't know where the money goes.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
so i spend betweeb yesterday and today nearly 200 bucks if you dont hear from me in about 7 hours consider me missing in action. My guts tell me i die today.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@devils_advisor

Quote:
If anybody wonders why the amiga community is so bitter this is why: transparency.

I think the reason why the Amiga community is so bitter is that we have become dependent on a bunch of amateurs who can't even run their businesses properly.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

sounds about right, sad but sums it up

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well lets say cold and calculated, It takes more than a Amateur to pull that stuff of.

Did i mention the ESI Juli@ and a Soundbar connected via Optical cable makes some nice sound?

I enjoy this until i get prosecuted in a few hours.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The guy who got his hands on Diavolo Backup is he still around? I would like to see that program on OS4, he only managed to compile it for MorphOS

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@devils_advisor

Quote:
Did i mention the ESI Juli@ and a Soundbar connected via Optical cable makes some nice sound?

By the way, have you tried the digital INPUTS on the Juli@? I wonder if they are supported by the AHI driver at all. Unfortunately I cannot test this, as my second-hand Juli@ came without the breakout cable.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

only have a tos link cable here. Dont have that other digital cable right now, Im using Digital with that soundbar. The analog Ins have the wrong connections until i get one of my mixers hooked up.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 »