Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 117

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

System freeze when playing video files
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Im getting a full system freeze when playing video files and skipping around. No slow down, or frame skipping just a full system lock and I have no idea whats failing.

I have tried this with the Emotion player (demo and full version) and a few different Mplayers on os4depot.

Can someone see if they can replicate this? Its happening on the following file by moving the search bar towards the end of the file after it has started playing.

click here

It doesnt help that as its freezing im not getting any logs.

X5000
OS4.1up2+hotfix
Radeon 270 2Gb

Go to top
Re: System freeze when playing video files
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Might make a difference or not, but did you press keys on mplayer (cursors r,u and pgup)?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@derfs
Quote:
Im getting a full system freeze when playing video files and skipping around. No slow down, or frame skipping just a full system lock and I have no idea whats failing.

I downloaded the file and was able to play it with MPlayer, and skip around using the left and right arrow keys without any lockups on my X1000 with an HD7750 graphics card.

The Video is 1920x800, video codec libx264, at a bitrate of about 8500kb/s with an fps of 23.89.. This is a little more than my X1000 can handle and the audio gets out of sync, even if I use the fastest/poorest quality options. No frameskip.

I was curious so I used ffmpeg with ffmpegGUI to convert the video to 1920x800, video codec mpeg4, at a bitrate of 8000kb/s with fps of 23.89 and it plays quite nicely with good quality and audio staying in sync. Intrestingly the file size was about 6Meg smaller than the original as well. Even at a 4000kb/s bitrate the qualuty is pretty decent and at 2600kb/s it's even acceptable.

Oh, with update2 before applying the HotFix I had all kinds of problems with the system freezing when playing videos. Maybe double check and make sure your using Kernal version 54.30. (at least that's my X1000 version)

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Thematic

Quote:
Might make a difference or not, but did you press keys on mplayer (cursors r,u and pgup)?

No, I used the mouse to click at the point I wanted to skip to.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Im on Kickstart 54.30 - anyone with a X5000 have this issue?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
No problem playing the file here on X5000.

I would try to disable the soundcard driver or replace the soundcard if i had a problem like that.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@derfs
Back in time, I had some strange freezes when I play videos on youtube in Odyssey. It also gives me out-of-sync with audio/video when moving the video slider. I was sure it's Odyssey's bugs, just to realize later that it was my CMI based sound card (and his driver?) that causes those issues.

Once got a "normal" SB Live card (thanks to Skateman) everything starts to be fine. No more freezes, no more issues.

So, SMF had a real valid point IMHO.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@smf
@Kas1e

Thankyou both, it was the CMI sound card playing up.

It is looking like a driver issue if this has happened before with Kas1e. Im sure I have an old soundblaster lying around that I can swap in.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@derfs

Don’t use AHI as audio output, on mplayer, it can drop some of the audio data, because of a rounding error,
this can make mplayer run out of sync, it does not happen with all videos.

Some times audio/video sync issue is due to high cpu load, nothing I can do about that.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@derfs

Old thread with info about issues with CMI cards .

https://forum.hyperion-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3625

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@derfs

I dont think I have the correct type of Soundblaster Live! card - Creative Labs CA0106/CA0111 in Sysmon.

The card is showing but the driver is not working with the card.

Go to top

Register To Post