Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 115

LiveForIt, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Amiga Developer Blog
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It's absolutely clear to me when exec-sg will be done we could have a new EnancherOS with all remaining parts owned by Hyperion replaced.

It can make sense in a next time, but now why do it? Are there some hidden messages to Hyperion?

Amiga community needs more clarity, we don't need obscure plans. Thanks.

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:
However the same arguments that you have levied against replacing other components should be equally valid against your eagerness to replace these components. There does not seem to be any consistency- either you are against replacing Hyperion components completely or you are not. I suspect you are only in favour when there is no prospect of Hyperion being able to do it

Come on mate, it was rethoric .. it's cristal clear what he (kas1e) really meant.

Clone existing components will only lead to problems in the future.. the possible benefits are less than the more than likely future problems!

If you really need to invest in these components then, it would be MUTCH BETTER and LOGIC to acquire them from Hyperion first, and then pay your developers to update them.

.. exactly as you have already done with other things like DvPlayer, Notifications, AmiPDF, TuneNet, Warp3D etc

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@flash

Quote:
It's absolutely clear to me when exec-sg will be done we could have a new EnancherOS

But who would be interested in such an OS? If we had wanted to use an OS other than OS4, we would have switched to MorphOS years ago.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie
I don't know, anyway I could be interested in an evolution of os4, EnancherOS or PippoOS is the same, name really doesn't matter.

I really don't understand why force these overwrites of system components now, anyway I don't want repeat myself again.

About MorphOS I use it too and it's really a great OS! ..so it should be a valid future viable way for amigaos platform.

Edited by flash on 2021/6/9 5:34:18
Memento audere semper!
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)