Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 »
Re: OS4 UPDAAAATEE !!! BANANA !!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Sbaitso

MUI seems to fail because muidev is down for days now.
I had this issue too (also some months ago) and simply ignore it until the site is up again

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Sbaitso

If it really annoys you then looking at the info for the MUI update in Amiupdate will tell you which local file it is checking against the database. You can then edit the date in this local file to stop it popping up.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:

1. The A-FTP Server and Font Walker programs which are Hollywood programs that use MUIRoyale both fail to start and display a requester that says: "This program requires MUIRoyale.hwp!"

If I remember right, that can be an issue with hollywood+recent versions of elf.library.kmod. That was discussed few times when it only was a beta, and if I remember right Andreas fix it somehow in the plugin or Hollywood itself and new versions of apps should be recompiled or something.

Quote:

2. When using Mplayer to play videos off of a harddrive connected to the USB port, the video will freeze after a little more than 2 minutes, sometimes less, of playing.

But then it unpauses and continues, or OS lockup? IF so, switching back to the kernel from update1 deal with it?

Quote:

3. Multiviewer can lockup when exiting.

Didn't you noticed if instead of lockup, it somehow says "hanging Forbid() on exit"?

Quote:

4. Netsurf hanging.

Do you mean that "when loading sites, mouse start jerky and everything stalls for a while, and then continue"?

Quote:

5. SimpleMail creating several app icons on the workbench.

That one probably worth to report to SimpleMail if it doing some hacks in that regards, but there I not sure, maybe some new bug :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
@ktadd
I'm happy to report that after replacing update2 Kernal with the one from update1, all the problems I reported here are gone. The system seems very stable now and seems to be working correctly.

This is really strange. After switching to the Update1 Kernal and having things working fine, I decided to switch back to the Update2 Kernal and everything was working fine. None of the problems I was encountering after the update occured. I decided to re-install Update2 again over my working system partition. Even after the full install everything was working.

Intrestingly, I can even start AmiDVD. This made me think that something from Update2 must not have gotten installed properly. So I unpacked the Update2 archive to ram: and started comparing the date and time of all the new update2 components in the Kickstart, KickstartX1000 and libs directories to the ones on my system directory after the install. All the dates and times matched up so it looks like at least all those components were updated properly.

Why am I able to start up AmiDVD without any problems?
It's the 1.51 version from A-EON.

I'll do some more comparing of the Update2 archive to my System directory tomorrow and see if I can find anything different.

Now my system seems to be very stable. Even the snowflakes on this site don't cause Odyssey to crash, but that could be changes they made to the snowflakes on the site.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
Something wrong. It can't be that you can stat AmiDVD on the latest kernel.

My guess is that something not like you expect to be on the Kicklayout front: double recked after reboot that:

1). version full system:kickstart/kernel
2). that in kick layout file exactly that one loaded (and no other ones somewhere else, early, or after, etc).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Tuskagee

I just installed the update on a completely clean install of my X5000. And yes... Mounter is dead...

Did you figure out a solution/fix for this?

Thanks!

-Slygon

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@salass00

If you couldlet me know what the date should be set to, I can fix it in the database and cure everyones woes:)

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo
@Sbaitso
@derfs

RE: AmiUpdate showing MUI - contribution_version.txt

As derfs has informed us, there is a file called "contribution_version.txt" in the MUI drawer on our System partition.

Inside that text file is a single line saying ...

$VER: MUI-5.0-contributions 21.10 (18.12.2020)

I edited that date to show (21.12.2020) to match most of the other MUI files that were downloaded as part of Update2.

This satisfies AmiUpdate and AmiUpdate no longer offers this file when I scan for more updates.

Thanks derfs.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I am currently testing with Update2 kernal again. My system is very stable as long as I stay off the internet.

I have six web browsers on my system ...
Aweb 3.5.12 seems to be ok on all my normal amiga websites.
IBrowse 2.5.3 seems to be ok on all my normal amiga websites.
NetSurf 3.10 slow loading on Amiga.org and connection timeouts.
Origyn 3.31 slow loading on Amiga.org
Odyssey 1.23 slow loading on Amiga.org
Timberwolf ...

---
redfox

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@redfox

Can you grab the info window showing the remote and local files and send it to me please. I'dlike to double check something.

Many thanks

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
Something wrong. It can't be that you can stat AmiDVD on the latest kernel.

Yes, it was picking up parts from a different drive. Ugh...

I now have three seperate boot partitions setup.
1. AmigaOS4 Final with Update2 installed over the latest enhancer.
2. AmigaOS4 Final with Update2 (Clean instaill from Final->Upd1->Upd2, No Enhancer.
3. AmigaOS4 Final with Update1 and latest enhancer. (My last stable system.)

With Update2 on both clean and over enhancer I have seen the following issues.

1. Known expected: AmiDVD throws error staring up.
2. Known expected: Format (both non-enhancer and enhancer) lock up the system, either on startup or exit.
3. Internet can freeze up randomly when browsing with Odyssey.
4. Drag and drop copying can freeze randomly. (AsyncWB?).
5. SimpleMail displaying multiple app icons on workbench. (could be SimpleMail bug gut different behaviour from Update1.
6. Can not "Jump to Screen" with MUI Applications. Drop down menu item disabled. (MUI version 5.0-2020R3) Calculator reaction program works fine.

The following issues were fixed with program updates: (Both Holleywood Progs)
1. A-FTP Server unable to find MUIRoyale GUI.
2. FontWalker unable to find MUIRoyale GUI.

Edited by ktadd on 2021/1/3 3:08:12
AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:
With Update2 on both clean and over enhancer I have seen the following issues.

Just an observation. The lockups seem to happen when the CPU usage hits 100%. Can't be 100% sure but that's what I seem to be observiing.

This could be why copying, using Odyssey, and playing 720p videos thru USB drive are locking up.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

OK, I restored the file to original on my machine and AmiUpdate detected that an update is required.

I took a screengrab. How do I send it to you? I don't see a way to attach a file to a PM.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2021/1/3 3:54:31
Edited by redfox on 2021/1/3 3:55:50
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5wtlkbvt05z ... ntribution-21.10.png?dl=0

Locale file date is 18.12.2020 and remote file date is 21.12.2020.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@salass00

Thanks for the grab. I don't know what's going on here, but I can't find the entry for that update in the database. Which server is this update coming from? Public updates?

Perhaps you could grab the main list where this update is shown...

Simon

----
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

It's listed under "AmigaOS system updates", so it's from the update.amigaos.net server.

As I used my FE update 1 install for this test I only have two servers configured: amiupdate.codebench.co.uk (3rd party) and update.amigaos.net.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

2. Known expected: Format (both non-enhancer and enhancer) lock up the system, either on startup or exit.

Wait, OS4 version of Format lockup on start and/or exit? That surely not expected and should not?

Quote:

4. Drag and drop copying can freeze randomly. (AsyncWB?).

Is there something on serial when it happens? Is freeze whole machine (So crash and burn), or some pause, and then all work again?

Quote:

5. SimpleMail displaying multiple app icons on workbench. (could be SimpleMail bug gut different behaviour from Update1.

That one needs to investigate with SBA.

Quote:

6. Can not "Jump to Screen" with MUI Applications. Drop down menu item disabled. (MUI version 5.0-2020R3) Calculator reaction program works fine.

Oh, again issues with a jump to screen in mui :) That one needs to sort out with Thore on muidev.de, he surely will fix all the stuff fast if there is an issue.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

It seems it's only the menu that's broken. The actual functionality works if you enable the 'screen jump button' under 'Windows' in MUI prefs.

I have the same problem, I just didn't realize that it shouldn't be like that.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mbrantley
Quote:

Anybody getting USB lockups since the update? I've had several today, where USB mouse and keyboard stops and capslock light is frozen "on" after capslock was pushed. Haven't detected a pattern yet. More than once it happened with closing a window, such as the Odyssey window.

EDIT: I am running an X1000.

I`ve experienced similar lockups (keyboard & mouse) while trying to move a window or click somewhere (not able to identify the exact circumstances. Odyssey is running, while copying files or lha archiving).

Some other things to report here:

1. During the first try to upgrade, I had MUI programs running (Odyssey, AmIRC) and failed repeatedly to install/copy some mcc that were already in use (closed the programs and purged the libs, failed again). A warm reset helped complete the upgrade.
2. The mouse pointer is jerky and stalls (should never happen and be responsive) when things happen (like delete/copy files, opening tabs in Odyssey etc).
3. I tried to delete via CLI a whole lot of files (previews from FinalBurnAlpha) while having another CLI tab open. After a while it froze and when I tried to use the second tab, showed the same text on both tabs (issues regarding the console buffer, DOS functions or else?).

Sam440Flex here.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cass and @Mbrantley

Have you tried downgrading to Update 1 kernel?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 »