Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 12 »
Re: OS4 UPDAAAATEE !!! BANANA !!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Hi no I never heard of CPU Watcher. Also I have no means to capture serial debug output.

I will try and reproduce consistently to produce bug report when i get some time. Is there a public bug tracker? Or we must go through privileged person only?

As for ethernet lockups on sam460, i didn't notice it yet because i'm using a wifi but i can try and see if i can reproduce using ethernet.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is mentioned in the Kicklayout:

"The name can be used to specify the configuration in the bootloader tool (see Documentation/kernel/bootloader.txt)"

Problem:There is no such thing as a "bootloader.txt" file. Where can I find the documentation? I want to extend the time for choosing between several configurations.

(Do not confuse Bootloader with Bootmenu!)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
Let's collect all the bugs/issues, we can then report them properly,

Sounds like a good idea. I'll start with some issues I've seen.

Note: I'm on an X1000 and I've installed update2 over AmigaOS4 Final Update1. If someone with a clean install could verify these issues that woudl be great.

There seems to be a bug in the new workbench icon placement code. I set Simplemail to display an app icon on workbench that displays the new mail and unread mail status. It gets updated in real-time. Each time it gets updated the app icon gets over written with the new status. The problem with update2 is that the updated icon get placed in the next available icon slot so each time there is an update a new app icon appears. This results in multiple SimpleMail icons on workbench. One for every time the update happens.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@NinjaCyborg
Quote:

Is there a public bug tracker? Or we must go through privileged person only?

No, not public bug tracker, and those "privileged persons only" only will be sure that your reports go to Bugzilla, nothing else. That Amiga land, don't forget it :)

@ktadd
Quote:

There seems to be a bug in the new workbench icon placement code. I set Simplemail to display an app icon on workbench that displays the new mail and unread mail status. It gets updated in real-time. Each time it gets updated the app icon gets over written with the new status. The problem with update2 is that the updated icon get placed in the next available icon slot so each time there is an update a new app icon appears. This results in multiple SimpleMail icons on workbench. One for every time the update happens.

Sounds like heavy to reproduce (i never use simplemail for real). Maybe you can go through more easy route to reproduce this issue so i can try on my setup without needs to install simplemail/those accounts and stuff.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
In the kickstart menu, how do I change boot option (they are numbered 1 and 2): via arrow up/down or with number 1/2?

I'm trying to get debug output via the serial port using the kickstart.debug.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Anybody getting USB lockups since the update? I've had several today, where USB mouse and keyboard stops and capslock light is frozen "on" after capslock was pushed. Haven't detected a pattern yet. More than once it happened with closing a window, such as the Odyssey window.

EDIT: I am running an X1000.

Edited by mbrantley on 2020/12/26 0:26:52
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
I wonder why the newest NGFileSystem was not included into the update.. afaik X1000/X5000 users have it since beginning so as a component i believe it isn't in beta anymore
Only X5000 users have it (apart from beta testers).

And the X5000 OS is still considered beta.

So yes, like kas1e wrote, if and when an update to it is released, it will most likely be a separate one targeted only for that platform.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

Ok, do you know what can be the reason to restrict it only for newer platforms?
Personally i have no problem to stick with SFS, however SFS is no more developed and seems strange not to share the same filesystem with the entire OS4 userbase

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Noted another thing.
Apparently the MUI directory (of the update 2) doesn't include atleast a couple of absolutly needed libraries:

- render.library (a native version also availible on os4depot)
- guigfx.library (a rewritten version ported to OS4 by Thore and only availible in MUI5 archive)

These two are necessary for the guigfx.mcc class included in latest MUI 5.0 2020 R3

Why they was not included?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

So far, the only problem I have found since I upgraded to FE Update 2 appears to be with NetSurf 3.10.

Sometimes I get a "connection timeout" message. Retry does not work. Trying another site does not work. Only recourse is to quit the program or reset if the program is locked up.

It seems to happen most if I scroll in a thread at amiga.org and then try to go somewhere else like amigaworld.net.

I tried some older versions of NetSurf and it is the same.

I do not have these issues with IBrowse 2.5.3 or AWeb.

Orygin and Odyssey also show slow progress at amiga.org so maybe it is that site that sets up my issue with NetSurf.

Is it the animated advertisement for AmigaKit?

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
Sounds like heavy to reproduce (i never use simplemail for real). Maybe you can go through more easy route to reproduce this issue so i can try on my setup without needs to install simplemail/those accounts and stuff.

I haven't been able to find another program that updates the app icon but if there is one I'm sure it would have the same problem. It seems as if SimpleMail updates the app icon everytime it checks for email. Can put an awful lot of icons on workbench. :|

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@thread
Here are a few more issues I've had with Update2.

Again Note: I'm on an X1000 and I've installed update2 over AmigaOS4 Final Update1. If someone with a clean install could verify these issues that would be great.

1. The A-FTP Server and Font Walker programs which are Hollywood programs that use MUIRoyale both fail to start and display a requester that says: "This program requires MUIRoyale.hwp!" Do these work for anyone else. I've check and even re-installed MUIRoyale. I've replaced the MUI directory on my SYS: partition with the one from Update1 and it didn't help. I've replaced Sys:libs with the ones from Update1 and it didn't help either. Does anyone else get this same error when trying to run these programs under update2? You can get them from OS4Depot.

2. When using Mplayer to play videos off of an harddrive connected to the USB port, the video will freeze after a little more than 2 minutes, sometimes less, of playing. The videos are 1280x720 at about 1200kbps.

3. Multiviewer can lockup when exiting. Only happens with Update2. Open the SYS:Documentation directory. Load the OpenSSL.doc file into Multiviewer. I drag and dropped it. Hold the left mouse button down on the Multiviewer slider and move it up and down several time reasonably fast. Then resize the window so it is narrower (may not be necessary) and move the slider up and down through the document several time. Now click the close gadget. The system locks up.

For now, when I want to use my system I'm reverting back to Update1. Maybe a clean install works better. I'd like to hear from anyone who did a clean update and see if they can reproduce these issues.

Edited by ktadd on 2020/12/26 4:32:54
Edited by ktadd on 2020/12/26 4:34:18
AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79Quote:
Noted another thing.
Apparently the MUI directory (of the update 2) doesn't include atleast a couple of absolutly needed libraries:

- render.library (a native version also availible on os4depot)
- guigfx.library (a rewritten version ported to OS4 by Thore and only availible in MUI5 archive)

These two are necessary for the guigfx.mcc class included in latest MUI 5.0 2020 R3

Just for clarity, the Render.library and guigfx.library don't reside in the MUI directory. They live in SYS:Libs and are not part of the MUI installation. The guigfx.mcc class is part of MUI and lives in SYS:MUI/libs/mui directory. It uses the other libraries as you mention.

I could be wrong but I don't believe Render.library or guigfx.library came with update1 or earlier releases. If I remember right I had to install them from OS4Depot manually as you suggest.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

Yep, however for latest MUI5.0-2020-R3 Thore rewrote for PPC the old 68k version of Guigfx.mcc and that class was included in SYS:MUI/libs/mui directory.

But for fully working that new mui class require also the presence of that two libraries (render.library and guigfx.library) .. infact if you download the latest MUI from the official site you can see them placed in MUI/Libs

https://muidev.de/download/MUI%205.0%2 ... se/MUI-5.0-2020R3-os4.lha

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

With Enhancer I think ? . Formater in sys:tools ?
With the rignt clic on a Disk icon, there is no poroblem. With the tool, all freeze.

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
HD R9 TRIX 280X 3GO GDDR5
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@samo79
You are right about these libs. It was my mistake I didn't include them, because I had the impression that those files exist in libs already.

I will see if we can add them in the Update 2 archive and fix this. But you can also copy them from the MUI 2020R3 archive as well.

Thanks for this comment.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

The problem with update2 is that the updated icon get placed in the next available icon slot so each time there is an update a new app icon appears. This results in multiple SimpleMail icons on workbench. One for every time the update happens.

That sounds like a bug in SimpleMail, it shouldn't be adding a new app icon each time. Never seen this happen with any other app YAM app icon works perfectly for example on recent betas.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

3. Multiviewer can lockup when exiting. Only happens with Update2. Open the SYS:Documentation directory. Load the OpenSSL.doc file into Multiviewer. I drag and dropped it. Hold the left mouse button down on the Multiviewer slider and move it up and down several time reasonably fast. Then resize the window so it is narrower (may not be necessary) and move the slider up and down through the document several time. Now click the close gadget. The system locks up.

MultiViewer or MultiView?

I can't test till after xmas period but I've not seen any lockups in multiviewer on a recent os4 beta. That's not 100% identical to update 2 of course. Raise a mantis on the aeon tracker please so this is not forgotten

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

1. The A-FTP Server and Font Walker programs which are Hollywood programs that use MUIRoyale both fail to start and display a requester that says: "This program requires MUIRoyale.hwp!" Do these work for anyone else. I've check and even re-installed MUIRoyale. I've replaced the MUI directory on my SYS: partition with the one from Update1 and it didn't help. I've replaced Sys:libs with the ones from Update1 and it didn't help either. Does anyone else get this same error when trying to run these programs under update2? You can get them from OS4Depot.

Could be a dependent library? Try running snoopy and seeing if anything fails to load when MUIRoyale.hwp loads.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadbluesQuote:
That sounds like a bug in SimpleMail, it shouldn't be adding a new app icon each time.

Maybe SimpleMail isn't doing it right but the resulting behaviour is different from update1 to update2. In update1 the app icon gets placed over the existing app icon, effectively replacing it. In update2 the app icon gets placed in the next available position due to the new positioning code, thus creating a new app icon each time. The new behaviour is not backward compatible. Not suggesting Simplmail is doing it right though.

Are applications supposed to remove the old app icon before creating a new one?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 12 »