Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Pimp my Sam460ex
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi I'm new here, was told over on AW.net that this is the best place for AmigaOne discussions?

I recently acquired a Sam 460ex on ebay, and am looking for advice for how to set it up optimally.

So far I have put it in the smallest microATX case I can find, although that's still fairly big compared to miniITX cases. I've populated it with the following:

- 2GB RAM
- SD card for boot disk, running OS4.1FE Update 1
- Radeon 6450 that it came with. I know it's not the most powerful card but it's passive (silent) and half height and it works and has 1GB video RAM. I've bought Enhancer to get the updated driver.
- A 3Com wifi card with atheros chip that's known to work (and almost does... see separate thread for that)
- Connectors on all the USB headers to maximise (I mean, why use a hard disk, it's 2020)

I got a 1U small PSU for it but it's noisy a.f. so I'm replacing it with a PicoPSU and a silent unit.

It's missing its original backplane - anyone know where I can source one? ACube aren't answering their emails.

I've tried an external USB DVD drive I had lying around, and it's recognised but doesn't work (and makes all attached USB devices freak out). Any thoughts?

Anyway apart from all that, what other recommendations do you guys have?

Go to top
Re: Pimp my Sam460ex
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

Could always try fitting an internal sata CD/DVD drive.

Cheers

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TiredOfLife

Hi yeah I might though the current case I have doesn't have a external access for it. Also I'm using the PCI slot for the wifi card, though I'm looking at getting a PCIE adapter to use with the wifi card so I can still use the onboard SATA, or use a PCI SATA card that it also came with. But generally speaking I don't need a CDROM very much, I have all my UAE setups and all my old Amiga software cloned onto a single massive USB stick I can move between computers including this one, and therefore mount my ADF, and CD images using DiskImage

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Anyone know can I put a SATA2 / 3 PCIE card in the x1 slot and it will just work??

Go to top

Register To Post