Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

Steady, more...

Support us!

Headlines

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Introducing the Rear Window blog
Site Builder
From Athens/Dublin
@trixie
This is really awesome. The popup on the multiassign is a hidden chooser? So, you check the node at the listbrowser for multiassigns and you dynamically create a hidden chooser?

Do you use UserData to keep that information on the node, or something else?

Sorry for all these questions.

Report Go to top

Just can't stay away
From Czech Republic
@sinisrus

Quote:
Do you have any idea of ​​an approximate release date?

As I explained in the blog post, things unfortunately got delayed due to the lockdown parenting hell, but I'll definitely give you something to play with this summer.

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
   Report Go to top

Just can't stay away
From Czech Republic
@walkero

Quote:
The popup on the multiassign is a hidden chooser? So, you check the node at the listbrowser for multiassigns and you dynamically create a hidden chooser? Do you use UserData to keep that information on the node, or something else?

I scan the DOS volumelist for the current list of volumes and assigns, and if a specific assign is marked as a multi-assign, I scan it for the associated paths. These end up on a Chooser list, which I store within the respective ListBrowser node. But I don't use LBNA_UserData for this. Instead, each ListBrowser node in the requester's list of assigns is allocated as a custom node via AllocListBrowserNode() and LBNA_NodeSize (which has the size of my custom node structure). The Chooser list is then stored as a pointer in the custom node structure.

The advantage of this is that upon selection, I can simply GetAttr() the LISTBROWSER_SelectedNode attribute and read the Chooser list pointer from the node structure. In other words, I spare a subsequent GetListBrowserNodeAttrs() call to retrieve LBNA_UserData.

The multi-assign path selector is indeed a hidden chooser. I create one such chooser for the file requester. When a multi-assign gets double-clicked, I retrieve the Chooser list pointer from the ListBrowser node, set CHOOSER_Labels to point to the respective list, and then open the hidden chooser via ActivateGadget().

Of course I have a notification on the DOS volumelist, so the list of volumes and assigns gets rebuilt with every change reported by DOS. I also rebuild the list whenever the file requester reopens.

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
   Report Go to top

Site Builder
From Athens/Dublin
@trixie
Pretty smart way to do it. Thank you for the explanation.
Did you see any slow downs on requester open? When you do the first scan? When you start the application or when the user first open the requester? Have you tried it on Sam440 you have to see how fast it is?

Report Go to top

Quite a regular
From Donostia (SPAIN)
@trixie

Hi, this new (asl)requester looks amazing!!!!

Instead of a chooser, did you try with Hierachical nodes/entries (those with [+]) or does it mess everything up?

Report Go to top

Home away from home
From Man Cave, Canada
@trixie

nice read thanks for posting

! My Master Miggies-Amiga1000 & AmigaONE X1000 !
mancave-ramblings

Report Go to top

Just can't stay away
From Czech Republic
@jabirulo

Quote:
Instead of a chooser, did you try with Hierachical nodes/entries (those with [+]) or does it mess everything up?

I was considering hierarchical nodes, but in the end I settled for the chooser. The reason is that the multi-assign path strings can get quite long and won't fit in the listbrowser area. So you'll have to use a horizontal scroller to see the paths in full. This is more awkward than simply selecting from the chooser pop-up. Another reason is that the standard system ASL requester uses a similar solution: when you double-click on a multi-assign, a pop-up selector opens.

Report Go to top

Just can't stay away
From Czech Republic
@walkero

Quote:
Did you see any slow downs on requester open? When you do the first scan? When you start the application or when the user first open the requester?

At application start-up I only build the requester object (including GUI). I scan the DOS volumelist whenever the user opens the requester (and, as I mentioned above, when there is a change notification from DOS).

Quote:
Have you tried it on Sam440 you have to see how fast it is?

My Sam440ep-Flex is currently in storage, waiting for me to find time to install Update 2 on it. But I've tested the program under emulation (OS4.1 for Classic in WinUAE), and the requester opens almost immediately. So I'd say the volumes/assigns scan is fast. And I can tell you that my emulated system is much slower than the Sam440.

Report Go to top

Site Builder
From Athens/Dublin
Quote:
But I've tested the program under emulation (OS4.1 for Classic in WinUAE), and the requester opens almost immediately. So I'd say the volumes/assigns scan is fast. And I can tell you that my emulated system is much slower than the Sam440.

That's awesome. Thanks for the details.

Report Go to top

Just popping in
From Stockholm Sweden
@trixie
Really lookin forward to Rave, as I'm a "musician" your'e going to get a lot of feedback, suggestions and bug reports from me. Bring it on! ;)

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

[Advanced Search]