Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

YouTube with Odyssey V1.23 r5 Beta07
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So it finally happened. YouTube quit working with Odyssey in the U.S unless you spoof as iPad. The problem with spoofing as iPad is that the new play in full screen mode does not use video acceleration.

After some playing around I have found a workaround. Here are the steps.

1. Make sure you clear the YouTube cookies first using the WIndows - Cookies menu selection. (You should only need to do this the first time.)

2. Make sure you are spoofing as Odyssey or Windows 11.

3. Go to https://m.youtube.com

4. Using the settings menu spoof as iPad 13.2.3 and reload the page to get to the mobile site which will show the video thumbnails.

5. Now select the video you want to view and right click on it to bring up the menu. Select "Open link in new window" or "Open link in new tab".

6. The video will start playing in the new window or tab. (Note that you still need to be spoofing at Odyssey or Windows 11 so the video will play in desktop mode.)

7. Now you can click on the play full screen button and it will use the built in media player to play the video using video acceleration.

Note that setting the URL Settings will not work as the video will open in mobile mode and you will not be able to play it accelerated.

This works for me. Your experience may vary. Hope this helps.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: YouTube with Odyssey V1.23 r5 Beta07
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Cool. Just as an experiment, I tried this on my MicroA1 with whatever version of Odyssey I have currently installed. I was quite surprised and delighted that it actually worked. Of course, there was alot of stuttering and I eventually ran out of memory, but it was nice to see that the old girl gave an honest effort.

---
redfox
MicroA1 with 750GX CPU and 256 MB RAM
AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 1

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
There are a lot of spoffing, unfortunately I can't use acceleration because I use winuae and I can't test for this.
I currently use this user-agent (blackberry):
Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.2342 Mobile Safari/537.10+

This should work for yt and other gmail sites etc. to upload videos etc. as well as working without opening new links
I hope it is useful.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
For me it's enough to just go follow those ways:

1). spoof as any ipad (6.1 or 3.x does not matter)
2). go to "m.youtube.com"
3). just open via middle mouse button (or via open in new tab if need it) necessary video => it then opens in the url like with "desktop" word at end, and we have a video played which we can switch to accelerated-compositing one.

Through, all comments and stuff missing of course, just video works.

But it works not all the time, and pretty annoying for sure. We need to made some script which will give us ability to use plain mobile version with ability to switch to compositing video mode.

Maybe we need somehow to detect when pressed "resize" button, so it will instead jump to fullscreen.

Because when spoofed as ipad for example, and using mobile version everything works, just no ability to switch to accelerated version.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Unfortunately, every time I try to go to m.youtube.com while spoofing as iPad or iPhone, I get redirected to the desktop version of the site.

Edited : ok, needed to clear the cookies as explained by ktadd.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L
For me it also works other way around : i open new tab, set spoofing to ipad, then go to "www.youtube.com", and it will instead auto-redirect you to "m.youtube.com". But if you before spoof as ipad/iphone.

When you type with default spoofing, or with odyssey spoofing manually "m.youtube.com" , that youtube shit redirect you to desktop mode.

@All
Interesting, what is behind of all those "new changes" on those popular sites are. I mean, with every new changes on popular sites, or in popular forum engines, they almost everytime worse that previous version. What is real reassons behind ? Ppls who work on need to do anything to have a job ?:) Changes for sake of changes ? :)

I mean before (years ago), it was like this : every new version or new design changes, always was for better usability, for better compatibility, better speed and better security. Today it looks like other way around : new changes always broken design, always more buggy and always slower much. Wtf :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e
To be honest with you this is a result of things becoming more complicated and developers tend to use frameworks based on JS, to speed up the development. Having in mind that they don't need to optimise anything, because of fast internet and strong computers with a guge amount of ram and plenty of cores, and since noone cares about if it runs on anyones machine as it should. So yeah. Bloated websites with no reason.

And have in mind that everything run on user machine. That's also something that helps to scale to thousands of users at the same time.

I built Mixer.com and Twitch.tv with no CSS and no JS at aiostreams.amiga-projects.net in less than a week, just by using their APIs. The website is super fast and works everywhere without being CPU and memory hungry. The framework I used is based on an up to date PHP framework called Lumen, which is based on Laravel. Everything is running on the server and is super light for the user. The final result is the same, but of course it doesn't look that good. But the thing is that the user wants to find a stream to watch. An he can do that on plain HTML, with the same info presented.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

There seems to be some attempt to fix youtube stuff by ASiegel for morphos version of an odyssey, but it probably should work on our side too, see here: https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/ ... sortorder=0&showonepost=1

EDIT:
Tested, for me, it sort of works. Through you have to be sure you have "https://m.youtube.com/*" in the Allowed sites for YoutubeFullscreen Fix, as well as the same "https://m.youtube.com/*" for Youtube HTML5 Converter in Allowed Sites too.

Then, I just spoof as iPad, then go to youtube (and it redirects me to m.youtube.com), then press on the video, it will then start streaming via CPU/Cairo, then clicking on the video where should be a gadget for resizing, that gadget will showup, pressing on which will then make it works in accelerated mode.

Through somehow works not all the time, and from time to time I had some strange errors about the unsupported protocol for "rtsp://".

Edited by kas1e on 2020/7/3 11:03:06
Edited by kas1e on 2020/7/3 11:04:14
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post