Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
79 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: AmigaOne Micro vs SAM motherboards
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

Just updated NetSurf to NetSurf 3.10. Very impressed so far.

---
redfox
MicroA1 with AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Me too! Works great! :)

Also managed to get Giana Sisters running ok for the first time. I don't know what made the deal, but downloaded a special version of E-UAE for SAM (http://www.soft3dev.net/pages/e-uae.php), set the screenmode (own screen) to 320 x 256, disabled JIT in RunInUAE. The game ran better and more stable with JIT off. :) Also tried without frameskip on this one and it worked, so very happy about that. It is worth mentioning that E-UAE SDL proved ok with these settings as well.

Other games I've tried has stuttering in the audio, while some doesn't, so probably need to configure each game separately.

Edited by BobSacamano on 2020/5/27 20:17:48
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Beside my X5000 I also got an A1 Micro!

The first thing you must do if you got a Micro is carefully remove the heatsink and get rid of the horrible thick "thermal" tape and replace it with a some real adhesive termal pad!

Changed it on mine and replaced the fan with a silent Noctua.
Also scored a 1Gb RAM chip. Very happy with my Micro now.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2023
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I know this is a thread about AmigaOne Micro vs Sam460, but...

Watched a video of E-UAE running on X5000. What a world of difference! I think this video was from Kas1e from this forum and it showed several E-UAE instances running at the same time with games and demos, all smoothly.

Is the difference in speed so big between the X5000 and Sam460ex?

I like the Odyssey browser, as it works with most sites I visit, but it can be a bit slow due to my hardware. Is web browsing much faster on the X5000? :)

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@BobSacamano
I never had a Sam, but have in mind that X5000 has the twice the CPU speed than Sam, faster memory and can use more powerful graphics cards. Totally different systems and for sure X5000 is winning on every point. Even the A1222 is faster than Sam460 for the above reasons, although that the CPU has pretty much the same clock speed.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Indeed the X5000/20 is at least twice as fast as the Sam460ex.
But please note that your statement re graphcis cards is not currently correct.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)