Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 24 »
Re: Shaderjoy 1.4
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

That's weird. I suggested disabling compositing effects because, when enabled, what you see on-screen is rendered by the compositor. With it disabled, apps render directly to the screen bitmap. So, if the compositor were responsible for the jerkiness, then disabling it should allow smooth animation.

Quote:
Is it at all expected that amigaos4 can have real vsync in window mode ?:)

Yes, animation in windows should be smooth.

Vsync dropping down to 20 fps with compositing effects disabled is very suspicious. WaitTOF() or WaitBOVP() should only wait till the screen's vblank period (at most 1 frame). IIRC, WaitBOVP() is preferred.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Quote:

Vsync dropping down to 20 fps with compositing effects disabled is very suspicious.

No no, when compositing effect fully disabled, then shadertoy can't even spawn "load shader asl menu". What i mean when drop to 20, its disabled VSYNC refresh in the compositing menu, while keeping compositing effect enabled (there some option called "Synchronize with vertical refresh"

That on RadeonRX, will check if RadeonHD make any differences in that terms.

Firstly there a bug somewhere anyway, as "load shader" menu not working when compositing disabled sounds quite weird :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

Could it be as with Cow3D and text rendering in title bar?
If the shadertoy window is unselected FPS seems to be a bit upper than if window is selected.

Here if I diasable composition effect, I still get the same FPS with Vsync or not. (RadeonHD)

Regards,

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Petrol
60 fps all the time ? Not 59 ? Also little jerky visibly too ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yep, with Vsync enabled, fps are not constant (58,59 when window is selected, 60,61 when not selected, this with the default blue shader), and yes it is a bit jerky when rendering other shaders with or without vsync, like frame drop every second. Depending on Gui Prefs, sometime I can see an horizontal line going down in the render.

Regards,

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Can you reproduce on your setup differences with "load shader" or "load textures" menu when you had disabled/enabled compositing effects ? I can try to put RadeonHD for tests as well, but that will be strange if that will cause difference , as it just ASL requester to be called (right ?)

I run most of the time without compositing effects. I guess it's a habit from Sam440 times. I can assure you that Shaderjoy has no interest in anyone's compositing settings. However, one thing missing in the current ASL requster spawning is the owner window pointer, I will add it today.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Quote:

disabled is very suspicious. WaitTOF() or WaitBOVP() should only wait till the screen's vblank period (at most 1 frame). IIRC, WaitBOVP() is preferred.

I have been using WaitTOF function all my life. According to autodocs it's based on the interrupt while WaitBOVP busyloops. Should I switch using WaitBOVP?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Firstly there a bug somewhere anyway, as "load shader" menu not working when compositing disabled sounds quite weird :)

Try for example MilkyTracker SDL2 version in window mode and load some song, it uses also ASL but surely there are lots of apps that do :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill

Quote:

I have been using WaitTOF function all my life. According to autodocs it's based on the interrupt while WaitBOVP busyloops. Should I switch using WaitBOVP?

Try it, and see what happens. You can always switch back.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Ok now user can choose between WaitTOF, WaitBOVP or Disabled :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Quote:

I can assure you that Shaderjoy has no interest in anyone's compositing settings. However, one thing missing in the current ASL requster spawning is the owner window pointer, I will add it today.

I am sure it didn't, i just point out there is strange difference when composting disabled on radeonRX , so it just may point out on some bug somewhere.

Are you have no issues and always have stable 60fps and does not matter what , with and without compositing, etc ,etc ? It just really 59 most of time. Sometime 61. Sometime 60. Never stable 60.

@Hans,Capehill

Through be it waittof, watvbof and whatever else, it didn't explain why sometime it 30 fps when vsync while can be 60. If it will be only on RadeonRX , will it point out on some bug in RadeonRX ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Here on my SAM460ex + RX550 with GUI prefs composition effects OFF Shadertoy shows 61-60-59 FPS with VSYNC ON (shaders/shadertoy/ball_of_fire.frag).
shadertoy's ASL requester work ok.

EDIT1:
'shaders/shadertoy/bubbles.frag shows 30 FPS with VSYNC ON and ~130FPS when VSYNC OFF (and composition effects OFF).

EDIT2;: same values/results when composition effects are ON.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jabirulo
Testing 1.4 version of shaderjoy ?

For me, with compositing disabled, not only "load shader" didn't spawn asl request, but nothing from the whole RMB menu works at all ! Quite strange .. maybe some beta component cause that. But for example in Odyssey (or antyhing else) all fine when compositing disabled in that terms.

And strange why only on my setup then.

@All

Anoyone esle have with 1.4 version and compositing disabled such effect as "nothing from RMB menu works" ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Yes Shadertoy 1.4

Do you use "normal" ASL or MUI's PatchASL?

tested on betasystem, maybe on public acts like yours, will test it ASAP.

In Odyssey the only "noticable" change when compositing OFF is that AppDock icon shows a 4 color icon instead of OS4 icon color,. Will try to look how is done in Odyssey sources.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Sam460ex + RX 550. Shaderjoy 1.4

With compositing disabled and VSYNC ON :

Dreaming Cube Snake = 30-32fps
Ball of fire = 58-60fps
Bubbles = 30-31fps (150fps with VSYNC OFF)

Go to top
Re: Shaderjoy 1.5
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@all

Version 1.5 is available:

- Fullscreen mode. Created using SA_LikeWorkbench so it's likely larger and slower than default window mode!
- Improved logger: buffer is no more limited to 16 kilobytes.
- Changed default texture path to "textures/shadertoy" for improve usage.
- User-selectable VSYNC mode (WaitTOF, WaitBOVP or disabled).
- Changed default window size to 800 x 450.
- Display running time on window title bar.
- Display window size on window title bar.
- Use window pointer in ASL requesters.
- Fullscreen tooltype.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill

Tested 1.5. All new stuff works as expected, cool.

Now, to part no-one like, issues :) :

Issues with FPS not related to WaitTOF & WaitBOVP differences. Everything the same be it WaitTOF or WaitBOVP.

On my x5000, when I put RadeonHD inside, with compositing enabled I had just 51-53 FPS. Be it window or fullscreen doesn't matter. All the time the same. The only way to get 60 FPS (not exactly 60, but 59-61), is to disable in prefs:gui/effects option called "synchronize with vertical refresh". And all still work, with enabled compositing, just with this option disabled. Fix for that issue probably (if possible) disable compositing just for shadertoy (if that possible of course) or if possible from program to disable that "synchronize with vertical refresh" it will help too.

The next issue is that if I fully disable compositing effect in prefs:gui, then it's not just asl-requester didn't work, but I can't use the menu at all. Everything just didn't work, I can navigate over the menu but nothing can be chosen, i.e. I choose any entry and nothing happen. And that strangely only when compositing effects disabled. All other programs didn't have that issue. But that can be of course my local problem to investigate if I am the only one who had that kind of issue. It, of course, can be a side effect of issue somewhere else, but that one let's put on back for now till we do not find someone with the same issue, or I will not sort it out or find out a way to reproduce.

Now, to the issue about jerky-animation. That what I do (with compositing enabled, but with disabled "synchronize with vertical refresh" option) :

1. run shadertoy 1.5
2. have "WaitTOF" as default
3. load "ball_of_fire" shadertoy's shader coming with shadertoy
4. it show me 60 fps, which sometimes drops to 59. And it has some pause every second or so, while of course if it 60 FPS there shouldn't be any pauses. But that, very possible just related to amigaos4 itself, not to shadertoy (graphics.libary/ drivers / maybe some default user settings).

I of course tried to not-load amidock at all too, so all clean, and jerks still here. They happens every second. I can see that now pause indeed happens every second: it very visibly because of timer values in the status bar: once they change, we have some microsecond-little pause. But it visibly. I also tried other shaders just in case, and they have the same effect.

I also found another issue, but it can be again anything else:

Try to load ball_of_fire (for example), and try to resize a window wider, smaller, etc, from time to time you will see some strange vertical line in the middle. See screenshot:

http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/a/ball_of_fire.jpg

I can see that bug when resizing to the big window, and then step by step resize to a smaller one.

Through at moment can reproduce it only with that shader, so maybe related to that shader only.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
They happens every second. I can see that now pause indeed happens every second: it very visibly because of timer values in the status bar: once they change, we have some microsecond-little pause. But it visibly. I also tried other shaders just in case, and they have the same effect.

would you say that what you experience is (close) to what is shown in this video? (starting at 12 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdfaZsgxQCI

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@IamSonic
Yes, looks very much so. There is how it looks like on my side:

https://youtu.be/VDymBlyGA2k

Not sure if on video that visibly with that shader, but looks the same as on video you show.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

uff... i don't have that kind of stuttering! I only experience sometimes some tearing. Especially with the "dreaming_cube_snake.frag" shader. Additionally i have constant 60 or 76 fps. Not 59. Only when doing something outside the window it will drop shortly but than it goes back to constant 60 or 76 fps.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 24 »