Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Atomic Bomberman Fan Rewrite
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@polluks
I didn't bother with any demo versions.
However, feel free to mail me a zip of your bombdemo install (all of my Windows systems refuse to even run the setup.exe of this demo and I have no 9x or XP emu installed right now, so...).
Then I'll eventually take a look and maybe make the remake compatible with that package. However, if I do that then I'll also add any limitations of the demo.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Version 2.5 available now!
Version info
Downloads and other info
(I didn't upload it to the Amiga depots yet, use my homepage or the online updater for now)

Cheers,
Daniel

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

thanks!

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gets
Cheers, pal

@all
If you use Facebook (please, don't start a discussion about why you think FB is evil or not here, thanks ):
I prepared this little group here. Main purpose is to have a place to arrange online match dates.

Tchatching,
Daniel

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daytona675x

Thank you for your work!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2023
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@khayoz
Cheers

@all
Version 2.6 is now available via auto-updater (only that way for now, I'd like to know the distribution among systems):

- Trigger bombs are now converted to normal bombs if the player who planted them dies or picks up an extra which makes him lose the trigger.
Thanks to Valentin for reporting this pretty significant difference to the original game!

- Fix: shadows weren't correctly premultiplied by alpha. Only the trained eye should have noticed though

- added one of the original's cheat-modes Well, at least it was planned to be inside the original game, however I didn't manage to actually activate it. But, yeeeehaaaa, this remake supports it (I modified the joypad sequence a bit though, have fun looking for it ) Thanks to Valentin for pointing me at that one

Tchatching!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

Mmm download the 2.5 archive, unpacked and then double click on the exe

Can't open the program "AtomicBomberman"

Tested both warp3d and compositing archive, same story

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79
cd AtomicBomberman
protect AtomicBomberman +e

If you use unarc then the execute flag wont be set. Reason is that I use a Windows lha in my cross toolchain to pack everything together.
This problem can be avoided if you use the comand line lha version 2.15 AOS4.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79
I wrote a little windows tool LhaExePatcher which scans a lha archive for a certain file and then adjusts its flags to become an AmigaOS executable and included it into my toolchain.
I patched the files on my homepage, maybe you want to give it a try.

Maybe this tool will be useful for others too, so I will release it incl. source once I tested it a bit more in depth and cleaned it up a bit.
I mean, as every half decent coder capable of self-reflection knows, the fact that it "works for me" with my handful of archives here (which also all happen to have a lha2 header in case of the executables) doesn't mean that it's not buggy...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Daytona675x

Dowloaded from your homepage and now using UNARC executable bit is correct. Tested w3d and composite lha archives, both correct.

THX

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

Dowloaded and the exe bit is now correct in both OS4 archives !
And sure, your tool could be usefull for others too

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x
You mean you don't expect us to sing your praises because it works in a limited set of cases? Very strange! :D

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jabirulo
@samo79
Before I release it I better make sure it doesnt destroy lhas in other cases

@BSzili
Don't get it, what do you mean?

@all
Version 2.7 is now available (first via auto-updater, manual downloads will follow asap):

- new disease: invisible. Well, a little bit of your shadow remains visible
Apparently this one was planned for the original PC version (there are sound effects for it, which are now used too, of course) but never made it into the final game AFAIK.

- one second after the last opponent has been blown up, the hurry-wall stops and bombs don't explode anymore. The idea is to reduce the chance of draw-games especially in very tight situations (which most likely means that an intense battle happened). The original has something like this too, thanks to Valentin for reporting!
Until now the game simply waited for 2 seconds before it would end the match and switch to the end-screens, so this is a subtle change. Can make quite a difference though.

Tchatching,
Daniel

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x
Sorry that was a jab at an overly sensitive person, who got bent out of shape over your code review.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

Found maybe a little bug in 2.7 using the compositing version
The initial screen (the one telling you that you miss the data files for the game) will not be automatically closed once the animation finished .. so game will not be closed

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BSZili
Ahh, I think I got it now! That story from the dark ages? Oh boy

@samo79
Thanks for reporting! Sounds like some deadlock when cleaning up. I once had sth. like that myself but it only happened once so I didn't investigate further. aPEX reported sth. similar some days ago, but for him it only seemed to happen if he ran some other game before, so I dismissed it again. But now I'll take a close look So far every occurence of this symptom was AOS4 only, so I'll concentrate on the AOS4 system specific code first.

@all
Latest updater stats revealed that the game is played actively mostly by Windows users (~ 70%). C'mon guys

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Daytona675x

Launched v2.6 it found an update, and update went ok. Now using v2.7

BTW I use it in window mode, and everytime I launch the game it opens the windows, but also a screenrequester ¿;:-/
No big issue, just clicking on cancel on screen req.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jabirulo
That's more of an outdated feature of the framework. The idea back then was that you always get a chance to change the screenmode just in case. However, the requester should not show up when you explicitely chose to stay in window-mode before, of course. That's actually debug-relic that remained inside unnoticed because I always run it in fullscreen mode... Thanks for reporting, consider it fixed for the next version!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo

Yeah, but this method have a nice counter effect, you can download a new update without be forced to launch the game too
In some some it may be usefull )

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
For father's day a new Atomic Bomberman version 2.8 (network protocol version 11) is now available (first via auto-updater, manual downloads will follow asap, or get it from my homepage)

- Fix: a debug-relic caused the game to always try to enter fullscreen mode on startup even if you previously chose to use window mode. This one slipped through because I always play in fullscreen
Thanks to jabirulo for reporting!

- in the following I added some more game-play options. Unfortunately there wasn't enough space left in the level select menu. The only option for lazy coders was to decrease the vertical gap between those menu items. But this again reduced readability too much. Which is why I added an orange row highlite. For consistency I added this to all screens (only exception being the main menu because I didn't want to change the original look here).

- Default bomb countdown was 3 seconds whereas the original's is 2. No idea how this difference could remain unnoticed for 10 years
Thanks to Valentin for reporting!

- However, those 3 seconds don't feel bad at all. Therefore I made this a new game-play option and 2 seconds is the new default value, possible values range from 1 to 4

- In the original certain considered "powerful" extras don't appear for the first 40 seconds of a match. The golden flame and the trigger are considered "powerful" in that context. IMHO this behaviour is questionable. E.g. personally I find the red glove to be at least as powerful as the trigger. Anyway, for "original-purists" I added yet another game-play option so that you can adjust that delay. Values range from 0 to 50 seconds.

- the red glove punch action is now also triggered if you don't simultanously press a directional button. This was a another significant difference to the original game. So you can now punch away a nearby bomb without sliding into it.

- extended the About / Credits area and added a donor-thanks section

- all Amiga lha archives are now patched so that the executable protection bits are set. Also, the AROS version is now also packaged into an lha instead of a zip. From now on this is also true for all my other projects.

Tchatching & cheers,
Daytona675x / Inqui / Daniel

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »