Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Atomic Bomberman Fan Rewrite
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks for the update!
Downloaded again and retested this 2.8, the litte bug in comp version still here

Sam440ep Flex 800Mhz 160GB HD + AmigaOS 4.1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79
yes, unfortunately I didn't have time to look for and fix this one yet. It would have been in the release info

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

My fault, this time i didn't read the changelog

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
New Atomic Bomberman version 2.9 (network protocol version 12) is now available (first via auto-updater, manual downloads will follow asap, or get it from my homepage)
Contains all the stuff that has been noticed yesterday evening

- Fix, networking: the master was allowed to continue even if not every connected client selected at least one color. This in turn resulted in a deadlock when starting a level. This bug could be trigger only if multiple players shared one client machine.
Thanks to aPEX for tapping into it yesterday

- Fix, networking: the master was still listening when the game had already started. This could cause undefined behaviour on the server if another client made a connection attempt on an already running match, which in turn resulted in the clients to appear frozen (in fact the clients survived when the server was restarted, but well, academic ...).
Thanks to nujack for tapping into it yesterday

- Fix, cosmetic: the last used text input field remained active (cursor blinking) even if you already moved the row-selection to another input field, controls and network menus.

- the win screens are now being displayed for at least 2-3 seconds. Before that it was possible to practically skip them by an "accidential" button-click...

- "About Atomic Bomberman" section extended

- networking: the master can now hit F9 to toggle some sort of "on the toilet" or "baby doesn't want to let daddy play a few rounds" mode... This has the effect that the win-screens etc. are auto-skipped after some seconds so that the session can go on without delay.

- networking: for joining there's no need for a password anymore. The password is now meant as a key for the master only - so that only he can start new sessions for that game name. Otherwise somebody who wanted to join the game but accidentially hit "start" effectitvely hijacked the session.
Note: the web-server component has been modified, older versions won't anymore!

- when we now played the first online matchs yesterday I found it pretty hard to get people to join in time. And sometimes one client connected but soon quit again when nobody else joined. Most of all this is a matter of timing: we tried to arrange our sessions via Facebook events, not by direct live chat. So naturally people would join at slightly different times. To make it all a bit easier I added a timer: the master can set a countdown which every client sees. When it drops to zero the game begins.

Tchatching!
Daytona675x / Inqui / Daniel

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Valentin made a live recording on Youtube of a 5 player network session
In other news: in addition to the atomic Facebook group I just created a Discord channel to simplify teaming up for online matchs.
Tchatching

Edited by Daytona675x on 2020/5/25 10:47:27
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daytona675x

Thank You for the update!

Hey guys, show your support by donation

\o/....X1000....\o/
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Breed
thanks & cheers, mate

@ddni
I watched on 2nd screen

@all
New Atomic Bomberman version 2.10 (network protocol version 13) is now available (via auto-updater or get it from my homepage )
This update mostly contains the first pile of stuff which we noticed yesterday evening when doing an intense atomic session

- new gameplay option: no sleepy players. If a player has been inactive for 15 seconds, it will auto-drop a bomb... Highly recommended, especially for network games!

- networking: the master can now manually increase / decrease the waiting-for-clients-countdown by tapping left / right. Yesterday we had a situation where I missed exactly that feature: ErnstEiswürfel was about to join but only 15 seconds remained, so he just missed it and everybody had to quit and rejoin.

- Fix (was uncritical, but...): "toilet mode" isn't a configurable input mapping anymore Forgot to set the non-editable flag for this fixed mapping, which is why the auto-configuration system of my framework made it configurable in the controls menu.

- (maybe) fix, networking: ddni and ErnstEiswürfel reported a weird issue that to me looks as if their network connection was sometimes so instable that some crucial state change packages would pile up - and then suddenly be executed one after the other without any delay. That resulted in situations where it looked as if the scenery was changing all of a sudden - although other players experienced it as what it was: matchend, result-screen, next round. But for them it was more like matchend (or shortly before matchend) -> next round, the result-screen would essentially be skipped or visible as a black screen for one frame. Well, that's my guess because I don't have another explanation So to work around that I extended the network protocol by dedicated sync-commands for those screen-changes. Crossing fingers, untested
Thanks to ddni for recording a video of that phenomenon!

- (maybe) fix, networking: for some Amiga players at least a hard master drop would result in their client to appear frozen. It didn't crash though, it was simply waiting for a TCP timeout on the socket which was closed by the master. Apparently it's no good idea to rely on the TCPIP stack's error handling here. Therefore the master now sends an explicit "server-death"-message to all clients before shutting down. Only tested on Windows so far.
Thanks to ErnstEiswürfel and ddni for reporting!

- made 4711 the default network port for no particular reason other than that I chose it for testing Yes, I know that it's used by other services (just like probably every TCP port) and I don't care at all.

- Windows, auto-updater: the self-deletion of the update installer eventually triggered some stupid antivirus software :P Disabled the self-deletion step, hope that does the trick.
Thanks to Valentin for reporting and analyzing!

- Windows, auto-updater: now 64 bit executable.

Cheers to Krusher, amosian, ErnstEiswürfel, ddni and aPEX (who was a bit too late, but there was a will!), kill you soon!

Tchatching,
Daytona675x / Inqui / Daniel

Edited by Daytona675x on 2020/5/27 13:36:41
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
New Atomic Bomberman version 2.11 (network protocol version 13, unchanged) is now available (via auto-updater or get it from my homepage )
As always all relevant NG flavours (AOS4, MOS, AROSx86) and Windows are supported.

- networking: you can now manually enter an IP address. This allows you to play a network session if my homepage is down or if you're in an autarkic LAN or if your router causes problems with LAN sessions (NAT loopback anybody?).
Because I was too lazy to add new UI elements, the session-name is "abused" for this feature:
master: leave the session-name empty.
clients: type master's IP into the session-name field.
Note: only IPv4 is supported!
Cheers to Warzo for requesting!

And don't forget to join the Atomic Discord channel and / or the dedicated Facebook group!

Tchatching,
Daniel

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thx for the update ! so far I did not play it online because I am not on FB.

Can you spoof Odyssey so that you can log in/register on discord ? default setting do not work...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

Any news about that old bug i've reported?

https://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... id=119049#forumpost119049

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Lio
Sorry, no idea, I never tried, to be honest. I use Discord on my mobile phone.

@samo79
Ah, no, thanks for the reminder! Had no luck tracking it down back then and then totally forgot about it, sorry...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Atomic Bomberman Remake received several updates recently. You can find the latest versions on my homepage.

v2.12 (17)
- highly improved player movements mechanics. Walking around corners feels much better now.

- Hockey Rink sliding improved.

- Hockey Rink sliding strength is now adjustable from 0 = no sliding up to 4 = super slippery.

- Hockey Rink now with arrows. Yeah, I totally overlooked for ~ten years that the hockey playfield contains arrows too. Although it's a different arrow layout compared to the Ancient Egypt map.

- data file validation disabled.

- Windows: no glew.dll required anymore.

- Windows: updater was broken due to a compiler bug, thanks again Embarcadero. Their new 64bit compiler produced pure garbage, I couldn't believe my eyes when inspecting the structures during debugging: variables on the heap would just become 0 when returning from a function, stuff like that (and no, the code was valid; actually it was happening inside the good old unzip code).
Solution (unbelievable but true): remove unzip.cpp from the project and include it instead of unzip.h, so it gets compiled in the same unit as the caller

v2.13 (18)
- improved a subtle but significant controls glitch which kicked in if you were pushing horizontally and then added vertical input (or vice versa) in a diagonal fashion and if your movement was blocked in that secondary direction (phew):
then the player would not turn into that "new" direction. This was no problem when it came to regular movement because, well, you were blocked in that direction anyway, after all. BUT:
if you were just punching and wanted to change your direction via diagonal input for the next punch, the player wouldn't turn and the next punch would go to the previous direction... Therefore punch-escaping situations in which you were surrounded by bombs didn't work well, if you used diagonal input.
Similar problem when you were holding a bomb in such a blocked situation: diagonal movement wouldn't make you turn, so you'd probably accidentially throw the bomb in an unwanted direction.

- the above required a remedy in combination with transport bands and sliding. Otherwise the animation for the "original" input direction would play for one frame again after the direction-correction kicked in

- Fix: no idea how this one slipped inside (had nothing to do with the above changes at all): when you carried a bomb you'd eventually just drop another

v2.14 (19)
- Fix: network protocol wasn't extended to transfer the new hockey rink slide option, which could cause clients to get out of sync.

v2.15 (20)
- Networking: scheme files (maps) are now transmitted from the server to the clients. So if the server has modified or additional scheme files, those will work now without manually installing and syncing those files among all clients beforehand.

- Fix: it was possible to cancel / skip the initial setup screen by pushing ESC or equivalent buttons... Of course with pretty fatal consequences later on. Thanks to gpsoft for reporting.

- Cosmetic fix: during presentation mode (auto cycling through menus and intro if input idle) the music stopped when auto-entering the extras description screen.

@samo79
Before you ask: no, I still didn't find the cause of this problem.

Tchatching,
Daniel

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Daytona675x
That's awesome news. Getting prepared for the Amiga Ireland event (https://amigausers.ie/)?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daytona675x

WOW, thanks, will test it right away!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero
I don't see this happening happen. The current covid numbers and tendencies, Ireland's as well as Germany's, don't make me optimistic at all. Anyway, I'm of course fully vaccinated and will even be boostered in one week and I'm pro-mask. So if travelling will be allowed I'd be willing to take the risk for myself and others can be pretty sure that I'm no risk for them. That's why subscribed to the notification list for Amiga Ireland and I'll get a ticket if / when they become available. If it get's cancelled it will be a donation at least

@Breed
Have fun

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

thanks for the update Daniel

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post