Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

LVO of Strlen
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

utility.library has some extension since version 50. While I could find the LVOs of functions like Strlcpy, Strlcat in the SDK I'm missing the LVO of Strlen. Please tell me.

Go to top
Re: LVO of Strlen
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mazze

Unless I've calculated wrong it's -300 for Strlcpy() and -306 for Strlcat(). Strlen() does not have an LVO and is only available to PPC programs.

It is also unlikely that there are any m68k programs using the Strlcpy() and Strlcat() functions as they are not available in earlier AmigaOS versions than 4.0.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Thanks. The reason why I asked: for AROS m68k we have only a limited size for the Kickstart. One idea is to remove the usage of standard C library. If we extend libraries like utility we try to be compatible with Morphos or AmigaOS. For some functions like Strlcpy I have found the LVO in a header file. I wondered why I couldn't find functions like Strlen.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mazze

way not use newlib, should save some bytes, should already have most of it.

but you can do strlen like this..

export int strlen(const char *str);

int strlen(const char *str)
{ int n=0;for(char *p=str;*p;p++)n++; return n; }

I think most project is compiled with clib just so don’t need to worry about thread safe function or maybe its pure laziness. its not like we are running out of RAM

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post