Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 55

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: MiniGL for GL4ES (ex MiniGL Reloaded) RIGHT NOW READY !
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x

Sound Still garbled .

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Spectre660
Too bad, then you're out of luck for now unfortunately.
I have no Polaris to test it in the first place and so far you're the only one with such an issue :(
Maybe your problem will go away once I've implemented decent vsync support. Or maybe not, it was just a wild guess :P

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x

Thanks.
If I remember correctly there were some sound frequency issues with the onboard sound using a Radeon SI card and Warp3DSI with some Warp3D games.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Update for MiniGL4GL4ES is now in the os4depot queue:
Version 3.3 (3.2.2020)

- Fix: if you tried to overwrite the library if it had been in use then the system would crash / freeze.

- additional GL_EXTENSION entry GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_arrays. This extension is a typo! Usually it is GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array without "s" but MiniGL's original extension string has that typo... So this has been added to satisfy programs which falsely rely on it (e.g. Q3 SDL2)...

- additional GL_EXTENSION entry GL_MGL_packed_pixels. Old MiniGL variant of GL_EXT_packed_pixels.

- GL_VERSION downgraded to 1.3 for now; workaround for Hollywood's GL_Galore which refuses to run if the version is different.

- Changed temporary WaitBOVP to equally temporary WaitTOF.

As always: many thanks to kas1e for testing and moral support

Cheerio,
Daytona675x

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Tried it on my X5000 + R9 280X and compared it to the Warp3D SI Driver. Besides it is called an early Version it workes great.

Maybe the following Information helps to improve MiniGL4GL4ES even more:

The Game "Cube" from OS4Depot (20 Nov 2010) runs pretty slow using MiniGL4GL4ES and when opening the Menu (ESC) inside the Game it shows a diagonal Line in the Menu -> wild guess: Adds an additional Line between first and last vertex which are used to draw the menu rectangle.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@IamSONIC

Game "cube" by default is _VERY_ slow on GL4ES because it uses a lot of small drawings. To improve situation Ptitseb made an environment for gl4es called "LIBGL_BATCH" where you can set how much of small pieces collect to execute in one push.

Without that, the cube will have 1 fps. So, as currently, minigl4gl4es didn't have the support of gl4es ENVs, we put there hardcore "0-40" meaning collect all small chunks from 0 to 40. That more or less ok, but still, not as fast as MiniGL one.

In the end of all, that Cube game, at _maximum_, will be the same as with MiniGL, not faster 100%. It may well be faster once DMA will be implemented (but then, it will be faster and over original MiniGL too).

All of this means that for Cube you can only hope for "the same" results as with MiniGL in terms of speed, but that can be finetuned once the environments to control gl4es code inside of minigl4gl4es will work.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

well explained. Lets hope somebody works on DMA/GART

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@IamSONIC
For "diagonal" lines I report an issue to ptitSeb, it looks as it gl4es issue. Thanks for pointing out!

Test more things plz, the more reports, the better :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@IamSONICE
Ptitseb fixes those "diagonal" lines in Cube1: it was an issue with rendering when using glPolygonMode and GL_LINE on GL_POLYGON. Daniel already applied a fix to minigl4gl4es, and it will be avail in the next version.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Great! I will compare more MiniGL Stuff (MiniGL4GL4ES vs. Warp3D SI) and put results worth mentioning here.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Here are some more comparison results of MiniGL4GL4ES vs. Warp3D SI

- DarkPlaces Quake Engine Version 0.95 beta 1:

In general the colors are too bright and vivid. Grenade Launcher explosion effects causes slowdown (When the selfplaying demo starts and the demo player kills the first Chainsaw-Guy)

I also found a case where MiniGL4GL4ES wins:

The Switches (red/green) appear using the Warp 3D SI Driver only when the player is almost directly in front of them.

- Giddy 3 (2nd May 2009):

Shows randomly black flickering Background during Gameplay

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Update for MiniGL4GL4ES is now in the os4depot queue:

Version 3.4 (5.2.2020)

- Fix: fullscreen <-> window toggle initiated by GLUT is working now. This means that e.g. Foobillard works flawlessly now, MiniGL demo "warp" doesn't crash anymore, etc.

- note: in contrast to previous notes env-var-handling works. The following issue made it appear as if it didn't:

- added extra support for env var LIBGL_FPS 1 so that it also works with games which don't call mglSwitchDisplay but do a cgl_UpdateContext with two alternating front- and back-bitmaps instead (e.g. Q3 SDL2).

- GL4ES messages can be enable via setenv LIBGL_NOBANNER 0

- GL_VERSION downgrade to 1.3 fixated. Hollywood's GL_Galore uses GLFW internally which does a very strict GL_VERSION consistency check, too strict for MiniGL Better to play low here.

- included GL4ES fix by ptitSeb: fixed rendering when using glPolygonMode and GL_LINE on GL_POLYGON (diagonal line issue reported by IamSONIC).

As always: many thanks to Roman (kas1e) for testing and moral support
Oh, btw., a little sidenote to the nay-sayers: this MiniGL library doesn't use too many float calculations inside...

Cheers,
Daytona675x

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Daytona675x

Tested Diamonds and Dust (SDL1 + OpenGL). First level FPS reading went from 130 to over 300 with maximum resolution so 2x-3x speedup here.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Capehill

@all
Update for MiniGL4GL4ES is now in the os4depot upload queue (together with two great games with which it has been successfully tested, namely Aquaria and Equilibrio, ported to AOS4 by Andrea Palmatè ).

Version 3.5 (6.1.2020)

- removed experimental delayed glClear hack which had been added to work around some pixel garbage in some games. Has too many potential side-effects though.

- internal bitmaps are being cleared on creation / resize. Yet another experiment regarding those rare pixel garbage situations. Seems to do the job.

- GL4ES: some internal code cleanup regarding env var handling (wow, about 4k redundant code is gone ).

- mglut.library's version set to 2.24 (06.01.2020) to avoid confusion.

- integrated ptitSeb's latest GL4ES improvements: Better handling of games that detach and delete shaders right after linking the program. And some cleanup.

And, of course: many many thanks to kas1e for more testing and more moral support

Cheers,
Daniel

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x

Equilibrio works
No Display for me with Aquaria,only audio.

The Garbled audio happens with games based on the Quake III Arena engine.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spectre
You may hit a still-in-progress issue called "sometimes anything crashes on startup after you run something before". Try a hard reboot and then run Aquaria, it will work. At least it works for me sure with the latest minigl4gl4es.

Also, be sure you use the latest libsdl.so (and it is in sobj:). As well as be sure that you have 16 and 32-bit screenmodes too.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks.
Aquaria runs now .

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
>much better than Wazp3d with nova rendering which in general never works (see comments from Mufa, and his tests on amigaone.pl)

I just read Mufa comments:
WipeOut2097 got several problems as an old warpos program it need something like rewarp for warpos emulation, a Warp3DPPC.library, got a bug in ChromaTest, etc... so making it works 100% correct is a real problem on any configuration (Warp3D or Wazp3D)

Wazp3D57nova works for some programs: if it never never works for some people then they dont use or installed it well
But I agree it is too slow (for an unknown cause) so unusable for big programs ...
I have tried several optimisations but look like something "block" Nova to draw at maximum speed ... it was a big deception and I never touched this code again... so Wazp3D57nova was never officially released
http://thellier.free.fr/Wazp3D57c.zip

But now MiniGL4GL4ES exists and it is much better

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x

Sound ok now. seems to have been a localized problem as now working after a harddrive reformat and restore from backup .

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@thellier

Quote:
Wazp3D57nova works for some programs: if it never never works for some people then they dont use or installed it well
But I agree it is too slow (for an unknown cause) so unusable for big programs ...
I have tried several optimisations but look like something "block" Nova to draw at maximum speed ... it was a big deception and I never touched this code again... so Wazp3D57nova was never officially released

I had to pull some major tricks in the W3DN_SI driver to get acceptable performance, the biggest of which was accumulating small draw ops into larger vertex arrays. This driver goes so far as decomposing primitives such as tri-fans and tri-strips into triangles so that they can be accumulated into larger vertex arrays.

MiniGL's clipping code cuts large arrays into bits if they touch the screen edges, and sending many small vertex arrays to the GPU comes with a significant performance hit. For example, before the optimizations in W3D_SI, Quake 3 ran at about 1-2 fps.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)