Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Reaction Custom Gadget: No GadgetInfo received with OM_UPDATE
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi all,

I have question about a custom Reaction Gadget processing OM_UPDATE messages from another gadget.

My gadget is receiving updates from the Scroller gadget (or Prop gadget as there is no guarantee for a scroller) attached to the Window object (with WINDOW_VertProp tag).

I set up ICA_MAP and ICA_TARGET for the Scroller to point to my gadget and map SCROLLER_Top accordingly. I receive the update message from which I obviously want to upate my display. However, the GadgetInfo passed is always NULL.

I don't know how to either:
1) get scroller to supply GadgetInfo
2) or create a gadget info in order to trigger GM_RENDER.

I tried to workaround by processing the message in the application with IDCMP_IDCMPUPDATE by supplying the ICTARGET_IDCMP ICA_TARGET, but that means I cannot identify interim scroller reports and the gadget is overloaded. Plus, I believe this is not the philosophy of BOOPSI and I am probably going the wrong way about it.

Does anyone have some idea what I might be missing here to cause GadgetInfo to be NULL?

Go to top
Re: Reaction Custom Gadget: No GadgetInfo received with OM_UPDATE
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
A couple of extra things.

This is on AmigaOS 4.1 FE.

I also tested by creating a separate scroller and propgclass gadget but the effect was the same ... very puzzling.

There are very few reaction gadget implementation samples so I plan to release the source for this gadget to help others in future if I can get this right.

Go to top
Re: Reaction Custom Gadget: No GadgetInfo received with OM_UPDATE
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
*** RESOLVED ***

I'm happy to say I was doing something stupid but just posting my answer in case anyone searching in future ...

Ummm .... I split the OM_SET and OM_UPDATE processing but forgot to move the code into OM_UPDATE that actually extracted the GadgetInfo from the passed message into a local variable and I was using that NULL variable when processing the update taglist ... oops

Anyway, I will still submit this example when done for people looking for an example of this stuff since there is not much around.

Go to top

Register To Post