Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 74

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How to made OpenGL ES + SDL2 only combo working on win32 ? DONE!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Situation is that i want to made the same amigaos4 src code which use SDL2 / OpenGL ES to works on my win32 machine, so i can easyly tests things like which is working/not working on aos4, and which is working/not working on win32.

Now, i grab Hans's free tutorial he released some time ago called "OpenGL ES 3 + SDL2 tutotrial" located there:

https://keasigmadelta.com/store/gles3sdl2-tutorial/

Now, from amigaos4 side all is fine. I just grab first test case, simple one, which is just a sdl2 window + 2 gl calls:

glClearColor(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);

all fine, i can change glClearColor values, and can see how colors changes in window, so it shows that all works.

Second example also works fine (with very little changes in includes, etc), i can use those simple shaders on aos4, white triangle draws , etc, all fine too, all works.

But then .. I want to make it works on win32/visualstudio. By default OpenGL ES 2 didn't works on desktops (at least not on my) and as i see from tutorial , Hans use "Angle" to made OpenGL ES working on desktop's (Angle in this case emulate all OpenGL ES calls through DirectX). So, there is even visualstudio's template provided by Hans, which contain necessary prebuilded Angle libs (libglesv2.lib/dll and libelg.lib/dll) as well as in the same template auto-installing of SDL2 happens.

So, with usage of that template, i create first test case (simple glClearColor/glClear thing). And, while all builds fine, black window shows fine, all works, then , does not matter how hard i tried to change glClearColor() values, it still always black (while as i say, on amigaos4 all changes fine).

I trhough that ok, maybe some bug somewhere, let it be, and going to second example, but that one also fail (while as i say works on amigaos4 fine), and it fail with such an output:

Quote:

INFO: Compilation of shader Simple2D.vert failed:
INFO: ��Ꙕ沃측INFO: Couldn't load vertex shader: Simple2D.vert

Yeah, compilation of shader failed .. Its there, it opens, etc, but failed.

Now, what i didn't get is that if Angle should tranfer all OpenGL ES 2 calls to DirectX , is it somehow mean that in my case it isn't ? Maybe some special hardware settings need to be done ? Maybe because i have discrete gfx board (2 at the same time) it throw issues at me ?

From another side, i tried 2 another OpenGL ES 2.0 emulators :

Mali:
https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-so ... ngl-es-emulator/downloads

That one works fine, but it works ONLY through libegl.dll, so even if i use SDL2 only, and link with their libglesv2.dll, it still throw at me errors about unitialisation of EGL context.

But when i use EGL for context creation, it works fine. So, emulator works in this case, just not with SDL2 only.

PowerVR:
https://www.imgtec.com/developers/powervr-sdk-tools/installers/
(necessary emulation libs placed in PVRFrame tool). But those ones also seems EGL only depend, even if you just use SDL2 code.

But again, with EGL context all works fine.

So.. wtf ?:)

From Han's tutorial its clear that it should work, but by some reasson's didn't. Sure, in those 2 emulators EGL usage can be inbuild and hardcoded, but then with Angle it should work ! Why it didn't and to where to look at for begining ..

Edited by kas1e on 2019/8/3 21:18:37
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: How to made OpenGL ES + SDL2 only combo working on win32 ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Does it have to be OpenGL ES? OpenGL 3+ is mostly compatible.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Each chapter in my tutorials book has a download for the finished tutorial. Have you tried downloading and running one of those? That'll quickly tell you if there's an issue with your code, or a problem with Angle on your machine.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Caras
Quote:

Does it have to be OpenGL ES? OpenGL 3+ is mostly compatible

Yeah, it need to be OpenGL ES 2.0 exactly, because that what works on amigaos4, and that why i need it on win32, to have the same 1:1 code works for testing purposes.

@Hans
Quote:

Each chapter in my tutorials book has a download for the finished tutorial. Have you tried downloading and running one of those? That'll quickly tell you if there's an issue with your code, or a problem with Angle on your machine.

Mm.. In the PDF i have by hands now (v1.1), it didn't have any download link of examples: not at end of chapters, not at the final end. You probabaly just mess it with "getting started with Warp3DNova", where download links of examples present, while in "GLES3 + SDL2" are not.

Also, it doens't explain why the same code works on amigaos4, but fail that strange on win32 .. But, yeah, will be interesting to try ready-to-use code. Just where to download it, as pdf have no links to.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I have no experience on any of those wrappers. If I were to test a shader on Windows, I would just load the required OpenGL functions as usual and then draw something. And of course, check GL errors once per frame :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capell
Sure there other ways if i only want to check some shaders, but i still need opengl es 2 + sdl2 combo works on win32, so any test codes will be the same on 99.9% and for os4, and for windows.

For testing purposes it always good to have less as possible differences. Besides, i just want to make it works now because it didnt work while should :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Oops. I thought I did the same with the GL tutorials. I definitely thought about it, because a few of the tutorials are on the website.

Try this link.

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Thanks, but that one of course don't go too : its just pure amigaos4 example taken from Codebench. More of it its even without usage of SDL, its handle all things in amigaos4 way, so that source for win32/visualstudio of course didn't go. Probabaly its just called "gltutorial", but that is tutorial from amigaos4 specific tutorials, not that one from GLES3+SDL2 book.

What i need is those 2 first example sources from your GLES3+SDL2 tutorial, for VisualStudio. Just to recheck them to be sure that i type i correctly and there no errors, and to be sure that something is wrong on my win10 side with Angle or so.. Maybe you use some different flags for visualstudio project, dunno..

The more i read and check all the google links, the more i find that ppls use EGL all the time with all those Angle and other emulators. But as you wrote those tutorials with example with SDL2, then they for sure works for you somehow..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Okay, I've found the actual tutorial code, and zipped the entire folder (minus the directory containing the final build). Click here to download it.

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Thanks, that it now. But i still have the same problem :(

I.e. i got your archive, unpacked, dbl-click on GLTutorial.sln, it opens in my visualstudio2019. It ask then about "retarget project" to windows sdk 10, and platform toolset update to "v142", so press "ok", then "f5" for build test case : all builds fine, it show black window.

Now, i just change :

glClearColor(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);

to

glClearColor(0.3f, 0.4f, 0.5f, 1.0f);

press "F5" for recompile, and window still black ! While the same source code compiled for amigaos4 works , and window is not black anymore.

Now, i just add before glClearColor (right after SDL_GL_CreateContext) , this:

SDL_Log("Version : %s", glGetString(GL_VERSION));

And it crashes on that line, with:

Quote:

Unhandled exception at 0x6C7C0480 (SDL2.dll) in GLTutorial1.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Funny thing , is that if i use exactly the same source code, but just change include from SDL_opengles2.h to SDL_opengl.h, and link not agains GLESv2 , but against opengl32 (i.e. just via changing in GLTutorial1.vcxproj 2 instances of libGLESv2.lib, to opengl32.lib) , then the same code works fine, window not black, and not crashes on that line, and it correctly says :

INFO: Version : OpenGL ES 3.0 - Build 22.20.16.4749

I.e. showing that when we link against opengl32.lib, then quering OPENGL ES 3 renderer works. Just when we link against libGLESV2.lib those problems starts.

Very strange ! For you it definately works ? I mean, same Tutorial1 , just change black color to another one in glclearcolor(), press "f5" in visual studio, and all works ?

If so, can you also upload plz also ready "debug" directory after you press "F5" , so i can just unpack it somewhere and run, to see, if it will works on me..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

Oh, finally deal with ! Prepare for long story, wall of text ! :)

There was everything : reinstalling of everything bunch of times to make that overblown visualstudio2019 with all those sdks, debuggers and co be fast and more or less small and clean.

Another issues was to compile my own build of Angle (issues with pathes, environments, some errors there and there), and after spending a day on it i was able to do it. But still i feel something nasty in all this modern today's projects.. I mean, its just in whole i feel sad how whole world move to some fast computers, gigabytes of data, projects which include everything inside and easy counts in gygabytes, but its all always slower than can be, languages they use most of time have some "classes" for hundreds of megabytes (!) of size, and most of time that much hi-level, that they have bagage of hundreds megabytes of anything. And those corporate guys alway fit in your face some new technology like, you know, its what you dream of, and you should start to use it right now :) Not sure if it what i wish to have for os4 any day :) Less progress kind of make it be clean still :)

So ok, build own copy of Angle, to only realize that it still bring _the same_ issues ! Damny crap !

Now, i made again some simple GLES2 example, but this time with usage of EGL instead of SDL2 : now that works, same as with emulators.

And so, after some fidding with code , googling all sort of queries i found, that there should be magic line *IN SDL2 CODE*, which make it all works:

SDL_SetHint(SDL_HINT_OPENGL_ES_DRIVER, "1");

I.e. not just:

SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK, SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_ES);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION, 3);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MINOR_VERSION, 0);

But with that "HINT" line at top.

And even, when it works, still, GLESv2.dll directly use EGL.dll _in any_ case. Does not matter that you didn't have it in your SDL2 code, it will be used, so EGL.dll should be in place too, just you have no needs to know that under the hood egl is used anyhow.

So, after adding that line and putting in code gl query of GL_VERSION, GL_VENDOR and GL_RENDERER i have:

Quote:

GL_VERSION = OpenGL ES 3.0.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.dc2c5c5a419e)
GL_VENDOR = Google Inc.
GL_RENDERER = ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)

And all Hans's examples start to work (but of course i still need to add that Hint line to all examples).

Good thing also that i made it all works through MSYS2, without needs for visualstudio or anything:

(press open in new tab for fullsize)

Resized Image

Another question is, how it all works for Hans before, if in his tutorials he cleary didn't do any call to SDL_SetHint(SDL_HINT_OPENGL_ES_DRIVER, "1");

More of it, as i aware, that was added only in SDL2.0.6 , while in the Template provided by Hans he have SDL2.0.5, where is no SDL_HINT_OPENGL_ES_DRIVER was implemented. So how it works ? Maybe on Hans's setup just some AMD drivers setuped , and OpenGL ES works as it, not over Angle.

@Hans

Can you put in our example you upload those lines after context creation:

printf("GL_VERSION = %s\n", glGetString(GL_VERSION));
printf("GL_VENDOR = %s\n", glGetString(GL_VENDOR));
printf("GL_RENDERER = %s\n", glGetString(GL_RENDERER));

Then compile and run on your setup (on that one where you wrote book), and we will see, if in your case Angle is used at all, or it just inbuild AMD's opengles support working, while Angle didn't.

Because if SDL_HINT_OPENGL_ES_DRIVER was added only in 2.0.6, but your template have 2.0.5 , and you didn't use that HINT call, then it should't probabaly works for you over Angle. But as it works for you at all (because how else that book can be writen), it can mean it works over AMDs OpenGL ES support in end and not over Angle. Try it plz for sake of truth, maybe some info can be added later to the book because of that.

In my case it was very visibly because i have Intel gfx , so no inbuild opengles2 support. Also my one are discrete (2 gfx cards at the same time), so go figure how driver reacts there, etc. But in your case maybe AMD drivers did the trick to make it all works, and Angle in your case not used.

Check it plz the way i show , pretty intersting to know :) I found my way of course, and can now test 1:1 the same code on both win32 and amigaos4, so that will be very handy to help impove issues on our side, but still knowing the truth also interesting, as well as book can be a little fixed if there will be anything to add.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Glad you figured it out. I'll check it out on my machine later (which has Intel and nVidia graphics, NOT AMD). A quick search online suggests that the SDL_HINT_OPENGL_ES_DRIVER hint was indeed added in v2.0.6.

In the meantime, you may wish to file a bug report against SDL2. It should fail gracefully rather than sort-of work.

Hans

Go to top
Re: How to made OpenGL ES + SDL2 only combo working on win32 ? DONE!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Yeah, check it plz just so we will be sure.

Btw, start firstly all your example on win32 now , so later to migrate them all to amigaos4, and found now the same issue which i had when i first time trying to make examples work on amigaos4 : can't make example_03 (textured quad) working :(

I.e. all compiles fine, but on loading says:

Quote:

couldn't load texture
INFO: Creating texture crate1_diffuse.png failed, code 1282

I tried the same source code on amigaos4, and have same error, just the code of error on aos4 not 1282, but 1281.

I double-triple rechecked that i put all the code as in tutorial, and even deleted everything and done again from scratch from working example2 , but still fail like this.

Can you also upload the same as you do for tutorial01, but tutorial03, so i can compare , if i missed something in the code (or if tutorial missed something).

ps. Also found little typo on the page35:

it have now:

In Main.cpp, add the following code below the shaderLoad() section:

but should be:
In Main.cpp, add the following code below the shaderProg() section:

(i.e. shaderProgLoad(), not shaderLoad() )

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
And on page 36:

now:
This code gets the vertex shader’s texSampler variable

should be:
This code gets the fragment shader’s texSampler variable

As texSample variable in the fragment shader, not in vertex one there.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I've tested it, and get the same glClear() problem on my Windows 10 machine. The GL version strings are empty. This is with SDL 2.0.5 which does *NOT* have SDL_HINT_OPENGL_ES_DRIVER.

It used to work back when I originally wrote the tutorial, although I can't remember exactly what hardware/software configuration that was (other than Visual Studio 2015). That may have been on my old MacMini.

You should definitely submit a bug report to SDL2, as the following line should be enough to switch to ES drivers:

SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK, SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_ES);

Thanks for the other bug reports. Please email me directly if there's anything else.

Hans

P.S., I'll get back to you later about the texture loading issue.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Recieved your tutorial03 example, and it works on both win32, and on amigaos4. For amigaos4 i only change SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION, 3);
on
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION, 2);

to make it works. Even includes stays the same, as well as shaders:

(press open in new tab for fullsize image):

Resized Image

Will try to figure out if it was problem me typing from book, or book missed some part which source didn't. Will write you back once figure it out

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Some more good news : Once SDL2.0.6 minimum is used, and that SDL_SetHint(SDL_HINT_OPENGL_ES_DRIVER, "1"); call done, then you can use OpenGLES 2/3 on win32 not only over Angle, but over those other emulators i say about at begining : and one from PowerVR (PVRFrame tool) and ones from Mali.

There is little summary of all them, in all cases x64 versions of libs are tested, on win10, all tests compiled on msys2.

Angle:

- need to download git source and build (visualstudio only, not easy, but can be taken from Hans's template)
- release size of libEGL.dll : 368k, libGLESv2.dll : ~5mb
- output for GL_VERSION, GL_VENDOR, GL_RENDERER & GL_EXTENSIONS:

Quote:

$ ./example01.exe
GL_VERSION = OpenGL ES 3.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.492cfab2e9a9)
GL_VENDOR = Google Inc.
GL_RENDERER = ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_ANGLE_depth_texture GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_lossy_etc_decode GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_ANGLE_request_extension GL_ANGLE_robust_client_memory GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_CHROMIUM_bind_generates_resource GL_CHROMIUM_bind_uniform_location GL_CHROMIUM_copy_compressed_texture GL_CHROMIUM_copy_texture GL_CHROMIUM_sync_query GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_color_buffer_float GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_EXT_draw_buffers GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_EXT_map_buffer_range GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_sRGB GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc_srgb GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_norm16 GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_KHR_debug GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external GL_NV_fence GL_NV_pack_subimage GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_image_external_essl3 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_depth32 GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_array_object

PowerVR (libs are in PVRFrame tool directory):

- no needs to build, just download some installer and install things. Need only PVRFrame tool.
- release size of libEGL.dll : 2.7mb, libGLESv2.dll : 8.6mb

Quote:

$ ./example01.exe
GL_VERSION = OpenGL ES 3.0 (Host : 4.5.0 - Build 22.20.16.4749)
GL_VENDOR = Imagination Technologies (Host: Intel)
GL_RENDERER = PVRVFrame 10.7 - None (Host : Intel(R) HD Graphics 620) (SDK Build: 17.2@4915031)
GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_APPLE_copy_texture_levels GL_APPLE_sync GL_APPLE_texture_max_level GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV GL_IMG_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc2 GL_IMG_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_IMG_uniform_buffer_object GL_IMG_vertex_array_object GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_required_internalformat GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_stencil8 GL_OES_surfaceless_context GL_OES_texture_3D GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_EXT_draw_buffers GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_instanced_arrays GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_pvrtc_sRGB GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_shadow_samplers GL_EXT_texture_border_clamp GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_no_error GL_IMG_texture_npot GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_OES_fragment_precision_high GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_stencil8 GL_OES_texture_storage_multisample_2d_array GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_EXT_color_buffer_float GL_EXT_copy_image GL_EXT_draw_buffers_indexed GL_EXT_shader_pixel_local_storage GL_OES_sample_shading GL_OES_sample_variables GL_OES_shader_image_atomic GL_OES_shader_multisample_interpolation GL_OVR_multiview GL_OVR_multiview2

Mali

- no needs to build, just download some installer and install things.
- while size of libEGL.dll : just 80kb and libGLESv2.dll : 130kb, don't be fooled, it come with other additional libs need it for use it: libMaliEmulator.dll - 7.5mb, log4cplus.dll ~1mb and Mali-T600_r7p0-00rel0.dll about 2mb.

Quote:

$ ./example01.exe
GL renderer: [Intel(R) HD Graphics 620]
GL vendor:[Intel]
GL version: [3.3.0 - Build 22.20.16.4749]
GL shading language version: [3.30 - Build 22.20.16.4749]
GL_VERSION = OpenGL ES 3.0
GL_VENDOR = ARM Ltd
GL_RENDERER = Mali OpenGL ES Emulator 3.0.2
GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_shadow_samplers GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_read_format GL_EXT_shader_io_blocks GL_EXT_gpu_shader5 GL_EXT_geometry_shader GL_EXT_tessellation_shader GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_OES_sample_variables GL_OES_sample_shading GL_EXT_primitive_bounding_box GL_EXT_draw_buffers_indexed GL_EXT_copy_image GL_OES_texture_storage_multisample_2d_array GL_OES_shader_multisample_interpolation GL_OES_shader_image_atomic GL_EXT_texture_border_clamp GL_EXT_texture_buffer GL_OES_texture_stencil8 GL_EXT_texture_cube_map_array GL_KHR_debug GL_OES_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_EXT_color_buffer_float

So, what ones to use pretty much depends on which one are best in doing things to make OpenGL ES 1/2/3 working on win32. By amount of extensions available seems PowerVR is win. It also have just 2 dlls , same as Angle. But from another side, Angle is used by Chromium, which is probabaly more tested than PowerVR tools.

In other words, any of them can be used with SDL2, just 2.0.6 is minimum, and that SDL_HINT call is must.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Find out that at moment Angle is better : it bring more verbose output about shaders compilation if something going wrong and more "human" related explaining of them.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post