Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Remote Desktop towards Win10?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi!

Any chance there is a working RDesktop client for OS4 that can connect to a Win10 machine?

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Re: Remote Desktop towards Win10?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Deniil

Not sure if there is a version that works with win10.
http://www.hd-zone.com/remote-desktop/

(I wish we had teamviewer)

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I tried to ask but their comment section is broken and I got no answer on an e-mail I sent somewhere.

I'm not paying for anything without knowing it works, when it doesn't say explicitly that it works with Win8 nor 10.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Deniil

@Deniil

hey my friend.. long time no see.. sorry about my less committed to Amiga these past two years. just struggling with no work and need sell the house fast as possible, or they may take it..yep that bad. so i haven put all of my my hobbies on hold..

sorry this info,, just felt that i should mention it.. you haven't lost me as a Amiga users.. still have 460ex & x1000 + some a1200's..i never gonna sell..just waiting for my moment so play/read/support with my Amiga heroes on these forums :)
anyway to your question about RDesktop check that web page.. a demo version there you can try for free.
so you can test it to see if it works or not.

i did buy RDesktop since i like to have all apps that is possible to buy.. want's about all hehe.. but i managed
to get you, and it working just a few minutes, i tried really hard..i guess not hard enough.. it was terrible unstable..for me at least.it could have been better. it really does seems like a great program visually.. but test demo version first..

having said that.. i went for Amivnc, i manged it better.. after setting it up.. it worked super stable.. never disconnected.. so mmy problems was over? well..most of them.. its just wow VNC works.. little mess with having a nice clean desktop.. vnc is little big with many separate gui & program windowns..but you learn it ..

i used vnc online sometime on few days.. and did record amiga stuff on pc using a hardware recorder

good luck on your choices:) long live the amiga!!

link to the demo version under this comment ( i do think i used win10.. if its not,then win 7.

http://www.hd-zone.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@All

You can connect to Windows 10 with the version of RDesktop that comes with the AmigaOS FE CD.

Ensure your registry entries on your windows 10 machine are set to these values.
Quote:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\fDenyTSConnections = 0 HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\UserAuthentication = 0 HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\SecurityLayer = 1

The key value is SecurityLayer this is defaulted to 2 on a windows 10 install. Changing this in your home LAN to 1 is fine but do not expose that setting outside of your home network and you will be fine.

Regards
Doug

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks!

I tried the latest RDesktop demo but it didn't work. But I will try with the registry settings.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Cool! It works!

But Firefox doesn't render properly. I see no text unless I drag with my mouse to mark. Sometimes is comes automatically, but mostly I see no text, including here on amigans.net...

I wonder what else doesn't work..?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Deniil

Glad you got it working. There are some options regarding experience and bitmap caching that might help.

Regards
Doug

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Deniil

Perhaps turning off hardware acceleration in Firefox will help.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'll fiddle with some settings. Turning off HW-accel in FF helped with the text.

Scrolling of all kinds doesn't work well, display distorts in both horizontal and vertical places. A bit annoying. Any ideas about that?

My connection speed was apparently set to 28k8 modem, and it was super fast. I'll try with LAN and see if I can bring over more details.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Deniil/thread

I too have managed to get Windows 10 working under Remote desktop so thanks for the info DStastny it certainly will be useful

However is it normal that there should be no sound. Have ticked the box for the sound to be carried over. I am connected over a LAN for quickest speed and I am using AHI Device 0 as i do on OS4.

I have played around with the soundcard settings in AHI to 16 and 32 bit mode but this makes no difference.

Any ideas??

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@outrun1978
I think the read me included says sound does not work past windowsxp.

Regards
Doug

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
ah ok, then that explains it!! I must admit like I suspect most people I glossed over the read me file lol

Still this is a pretty useful feature even without the sound.

Amigaone X5000 AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
Radeon RX 550 Polaris
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DStastny

These registry settings work for me on X1000, thanks.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top

Register To Post