Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Sections
Who's Online
45 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 44

eastone, more...
Support us!
Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25)

Re: Enhancer Bug thread
Home away from home
@nbache

Nor here, SGrab and X-Dock respond to the RAmiga-H combo only when their windows are active.

There nearest I can get is when SGrab becomesa ctive after hiding X-Dock or vice verca then if I hold Ramiga and click H twice both will close, so a keyboard bounce *might* cause this issue in certain circumstances.

X-Dock 1.x auto activated the window this might also cause focus issues, X-Dock 2 (for which I take the blame ) never does this.

X-Dock 2 has a commodity active to handle mouse overs of the icons, but does not have a hotkey set, so there should not be any issues in case the user had manually programmed hotkeys that clashed.

Just popping in
From Finland
The Clock v.53.29 can cause a problem with MUI programs when dragging objects, resulting in a system freeze. If I open the clock on WB screen in analog (with arms) mode, and then open e.g. YAM and try to drag an attacment of a mail message to a disk, I get a system freeze (mouse and keyboard do not work, the clock stops). Also Odyssey shows similar problems. This issue is 100% reproducible in my X5000.

If I change the clock mode to analog or go back to v. 53.21 Clock, the problem dissappears completely.

According to the analysis of Thore Böckelman (http://muidev.de/ticket/431), the new clock version seems to use for unknown reason 'global screen locking', which causes a conflict with MUI programs used on the same screen. I'm not programmer, so please have a look in that ticket to see more details! There are also a couple of workarounds mentioned in it.

Report Go to top

Home away from home
@Gregor

I've been asked to look at this, I can confirm that the lockup occurs when draging an MUI element after a couple of ticks of the clock.

It only occirs when compositing effects are of *off* on the screen. It also doers not occur with the X-Dock Cloak.dockapp (which uses the same underlying gadget).

Thor makes reference to "global screen locking" as there is no such thing I guess he means one of

LockIBase
LockScreen
LockScreenGI
LockLayers

but Clock calls none of these.

Whilst I have registered at the MUIDev site there is a delay authorising my account so can't post this there, if you could ask him for clarification on the above that would be very helpful.

Quite a regular
@broadblues

X-Dock shows a little graphics glitch here on X1000. It only appears when selecting "rounded corners" in the X-Dock preferences.

Resized Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8uzqvvps3vv ... 6_10-Apr-20-09h43m18s.jpg

AmigOS4.1FEu1, RadeonHD v3.7.

Report Go to top

Quite a regular
@broadblues
@AmigaKit

Minor issue:

When set to the "digital" mode, the clock v53.29 does not reflect the Locale setting for the date, even if the option "Settings/Date and time format/locale" is selected.

For testing purposes I have set my country to "Austria" the date format in Workbench is similar to the ISO 8601 Date format: "2020-04-10" but Clock displays it as "Friday, 10. April 2020"

Report Go to top

Quite a regular
@Amigo1

I see that glitch if I use a 16 bit screen.
Goes away with a 32 bit screen.

Cheers

Report Go to top

Quite a regular
@TiredOfLife

You are right, thanks for hint! :)

I exclusively used 32bit screens until recently, I switched to 16bit because I was tired of the monitors switching times when using AmiCygnix..

Report Go to top

Not too shy to talk
From Lecco, Italy
@Amigo1,
with the last AmiCygnix version you can use a 32 bit screen, though it's a 16 bit screen converted on fly to a 32 bit one so it's slower than a 16 bit one

Report Go to top

Home away from home
From a dying planet
@broadblues

Not sure if it's possible, so i'll post here first before opening a FR.

MultiEdit 1.12 (05.03.2019)

Sometimes i got really long text line with no line breaks (i.e. c&p from websites) and i have to manually set linebreaks to make them readable from within Notepad/MultiEdit, since both programs simply print the line as long as it is, which makes it hard to read and edit.
A workaround would be to use MultiView(er), but i cannot edit the text there.

My question would be, is it possible to add an option to MultiEdit to set linebreaks automatically at a given position, f.e. on column 80, and let MultiEdit figure out where to set the breaks for the whole text?

I'd be happy with a simple "word-breaking" mechanism (set the break between full words, but always respect the maximum column setting), but if it's doable a "word-splitter" would be neat as well (split words in "half" were allowed, while still maintaining the maximum column setting, e.g. astro-nomy).

edit:
It's more or less "word-wrapping" but not "as-you-type" but performed on a load text.

And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
   Report Go to top

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25)

[Advanced Search]