Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 62

vagappc, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 27 »
Enhancer Bug thread
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Forum maintainer

Maybe a new entry in the "Software Support" forum would be possible?

@amigakit

AmiPDF 1.37 (20.9.2016)

Bug:

- When starting a new instance of AmiPDF the snapshotted window position that has been saved before (from within AmiPDF) IS used.

- When starting AmiPDF with a PDF file as option (i.e. "AmiPDF path/pdf-file") regaardless being in a shell, using a browsers MIME setting or a shortcut in AmiDock, the window snapshot information is NOT used, instead the AmiPDF window is blown up to the max eating away massive gfx mem

Please fix it

...and no, i won't create yet another account at yet another bug tracker, thank you

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Re: Enhancer Bug thread
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
MultiEdit 1.4 (14.12.2016)

Again, snapshotting the main window will be overruled by snapshotting i.e. the search window.

On a new instance the main window will move to where the search window was snapshotted...bug!

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

AmiPDF 1.37 (20.9.2016)

Bug:

- When starting a new instance of AmiPDF the snapshotted window position that has been saved before (from within AmiPDF) IS used.

- When starting AmiPDF with a PDF file as option (i.e. "AmiPDF path/pdf-file") regaardless being in a shell, using a browsers MIME setting or a shortcut in AmiDock, the window snapshot information is NOT used, instead the AmiPDF window is blown up to the max eating away massive gfx mem

Works fine here.

Are you sure the same AmiPDF is being run in each case?

Quote:

Please fix it

...and no, i won't create yet another account at yet another bug tracker, thank you

Aw go on,please, you know you wan't to really, you'd be really welcome honest,

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

MultiEdit: fixed.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:
Works fine here.

I was able to reproduce Raziels' snapshot issue and I think it's a Reaction issue (not an AmiPDF issue) which may be a feature; not a bug. Here are the results of some testing:

When AmiPDF is started from it's icon, snapshot saves the window position here:
ENVARC:Sys/WindowData/AmiPDF/AmiPDF.xml

When AmiPDF is started from a shell, snapshot saves the window position here:
ENVARC:Sys/WindowData/Shell Process/AmiPDF.xml

In other words, the location where the window position is stored depends on how the program is started. I tested a number of other programs that have the "snapshot" feature and they all save the position in a different location depending on how they were started.

I did find one potential problem snapshot problem when USBInspector is sharted from a shell. The name of the window position file is "MAIN_Window.xml". It seems to me like the filename should contain the name of the program to avoid conflicts with other program snapshot files,

EDIT: It might be smart for programmers to test snapshot from shell and icon start to be sure the snapshot filenames are correct.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
I think your snapshot issue is due to a Reaction feature and isn't a bug. Refer to my post to broadblues. You'll need to start AmiPDF from it's icon and snapshot the window; then start it from a shell and snapshot it again.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Time Prefs from the Enchancer seems to be stuck on GMT.

My time sever is ntp1.vodafone.co.nz port 123.

Everytime I boot up, it's 12 hours behind. I have "update at boot time" checked, but I have to manually open Time Prefs and click "Get time now" to get onto NZST.

Also, when I tick "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time", it seems to be defaulting to some other country's settings (UK?), even though Locale.prefs knows my country's DST dates.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Hmm, good spot, I have both AmiPDF/AmiPDF.xml and ShellProcess/AmiPDF.xml and they are identical. Hence me not seeing any difference in behaviour.

I'm not convinced this is a feature, more of an emergent behaviour, I'll raise a BZ tomorrow, when I'm more awake.

The names of the windows are simply created from the UniqueID passed to the window class, the developer should have to care about anything else in something as high level as window.class The uniqueness of the names is significantly eroded in the ShellProcess case.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Thank you for checking.

I don't have any "Shell Process" in ENVARC:sys/WindowData, so i guess i never bothered to snapshot anything from there.

Thank you also for the workaround, i'll wait for a proper fix, but will use your idea if it takes too long and the bahaviour is starting to get on my nerves

@broadblues

Thank you for the quick response and the fix

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Thank you also for the workaround, i'll wait for a proper fix, but will use your idea if it takes too long and the bahaviour is starting to get on my nerves

It's yet to be determined if it's window.class bug or intended behaviour so Iwouldn't "wait for fix" but just snapshot both variants to your prefered location. A one off action.

Assuming you don't try and be 'clever' and take advantage of the two types of snapshot to have different settings when started from shell, when the fix is delievered if fiexed it be, you will never even notice.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

I know, it's easy-peasy to "fix" it locally.

But i don't think it's a "feature" to have the same program opened from different environments behave differently, that's just too confusing.

If there was was a shell "Prefs" that took care of the list of programs that behave differently and *shows* that accordingly it would be another matter.
(Maybe even with the possibility to change those settings from the Prefs)

But doing that in the "hidden" way it is done now is confusing...thus me reporting it as bug...

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

But i don't think it's a "feature" to have the same program opened from different environments behave differently, that's just too confusing.

I'm not convinced either, but I'm just saying no need to wait it's easily worked arround in a way that won't break when a fix arrives.

BZ created.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@dawev
Raized your issue with timeprefs on aeon's BZ.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Exchanger 1.2 (4.4.2016)

First:

Exchanger doesn't have an "About" tab in it's info window, i miss that because one can easily copy the programs information for bug reporting.

Second:

I can make Exchanger fall over

Steps to reproduce:

1) Open Sys:Utilities/Commodities
2) Start Exchanger -> all is fine
3) Start ScreenBlankerEngine from the same directory -> still fine
4) Double Click on ScreenBlankerEngine once more
(it does matter if the ScreenBlankerEngine was in the list before, because it will fall over as soon as ScreenBlankerEngine gets *removed* from Exchanger's list)

From now on Exchanger will show in it's info part "No programs in list." for every program in the list -> Bug

As long as one doesn't close Exchanger (from it's menu, that is, it's NOT enough to simply close it's window, but to completely kill Exchanger with Project/Quit) and start it again it will stay this way.

It may also happen with other programs, i didn't bother to test.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I'm still getting the problem with Multiviewer where it freezes up the entire system randomly when opening text files (all other datatypes are OK). However it never does it consistently enough for me to be able to get a serial debug log. Consequently, I was getting so fed up of rebooting and having to re-open everything that I went back to Multiview.

It would be great if this could be fixed (although I suspect it depends on me being able to get a crashlog, which doesn't look likely to happen any time soon)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Me too.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
X-Dock 0.41 (22.12.2016)

Although the Dock features an AREXX port (which first instance is always called XDOCK.1) it is not possible to open a second instance (XDOCK.2).

Actually nothing at all happens when starting X-Dock a second time.

With it's limitations right now i do need to open at least two instances of the program (better would be indefinitely, though) to be able to completely switch from AmiDock (I have a few neat tricks in AmiDock -honestly stolen from Mason's great Push4Dock package).

Though i have yet to test (when available) if two X-Docks on top of each other will behave the way i like it to be.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
I'm still getting the problem with Multiviewer where it freezes up the entire system randomly when opening text files (all other datatypes are OK). However it never does it consistently enough for me

I too get this problem, and it's really difficult to reproduce (seems random).

Quote:
Consequently, I was getting so fed up of rebooting and having to re-open everything that I went back to Multiview.

+1, sad to say

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris,strest,trixie

For me on my x5k problem with Multivewer start right after i installing it and trying to open first single txt. It is always reproducable for me, and, sadly to say i am the same swith to Multiview :(

As i was able to reproduce it all so easy i wrote to Andy about, to offer help with crashlogs and stuff, but, Andy says crashlogs there didn't help, as problem start to happens before actual crash happens, and its hard to track it down. I also offer help with usuall "debug printf" , but Andy probably busy with all other stuff , and think that it happens not so offten.

@Andy
As you see everyone have that problem, so , if you want and as i can reproduce it 100% all the time, i can help to track it down and give you any info you need :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

"Though i have yet to test (when available) if two X-Docks on top of each other will behave the way i like it to be."

You can have many XDock opened by simply starting once X-Dock binary.

Simply, use RMB to "Create a new dock". It will open an empty dock and create a xml file for it.
Now each time that you start x-dock, xml files will be scanned and docks started (each with his own arexx port).

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 27 »