Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

transmissioncli, TCP/IP, FryingPan 0.41
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
ok here is a strange thing :

I was playing jensschoenfeld seminar with Dvplayer, seeding this same video with transmissioncli and trying to burn datas on a CD with fryingpan 0.41.

during blanking my CDRW, Dvplayer stopped playing, I noticed the seeding went down to 0, then got 2 GR (one from transmissioncli and one from TCP/IP stack) which leads to a total freeze system ?????

I then reboot and seeding again, burning datas with Fryingpan (but did not launch Dvplayer) and here again, the seeding went down to 0 (but no GR this time) and once the CD was burned, the seeding went up to normal again ???

whats that ? Can a burning SW disabled the TCP/IP ?

I have to try with latest FryingPan to see if the pb is with this one.

Go to top
Re: transmissioncli, TCP/IP, FryingPan 0.41
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lio

Sound like your having a DMA problem, what type of AmigaOne do you have?

Maybe you have an IRQ conflict maybe you can do some thing about it, check uboot and IRQ trigger levels as well.

I did have lots of problems whit DMA and my CDR so I disabled it, as for TCP/IP and DMA on my harddrive connected to VIA686b I have no problem, but I have modified motherboard whit the DMA fix, did it my self infect

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

it happens with fryingpan 1.2.3 as well with a complete freeze (needs hard boot) !
seeding is dropping apparently during blanking and closing ONLY.

I am supposed to have a double fixed A1XEG4 (USB+DMA) and my HD is on a sii0680 anyway !

IRQs are like it should be be since the latest UBoot : 9-10-11-7 all on levels

very annoying, hope to get a less buggy and less expensive HW to enjoy OS4

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lio

do a "idetool -l sii0680ide.device" in a shell and post the
output, please

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Lio

Quote:

Lio wrote:
...whats that ? Can a burning SW disabled the TCP/IP ?

I have to try with latest FryingPan to see if the pb is with this one.

afaik this is "normal behavior". at least this is like it always has been working here.
cleaning or finalizing a cd is always locking everything. this was the case with my old a4000 and cybppc and this is the case now with the a1 and a sil controler.

i have no idea why this "must" be like this - maybe someone else can? it is usually annoying.

byebye...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

ew Shell process 10
10.os4:> idetool -l sii0680ide.device
-------------------Unit 0 information------------------------
Flags : $000001A5 - present, supports DMA, ATA, supports acoustic mgmt, supports cache flush, interrupts used,
Xfer mode : best pio 12 (PIO 4, 16 MB/s) / best dma 70 (UDMA 6, 133 MB/s) / current 70 (UDMA 6, 133 MB/s)
Total blocks : 160086528
Blocksize : 512
Power mode : 2 / idle (ready for operation)
IO1 / IO2 / BMCR @ : $802400 / $80240A / $802420
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 1
-------------------Unit 2 information------------------------
Flags : $0000019D - present, supports DMA, removable media, ATAPI, supports cache flush, interrupts used,
Xfer mode : best pio 12 (PIO 4, 16 MB/s) / best dma 68 (UDMA 4, 66 MB/s) / current 67 (UDMA 3, 44 MB/s)
Total blocks : 0
Blocksize : 0
SCSI devtyp : 5
Packet size : 12
Current medium read speed : x 65535 ('65535' stands for max.)
Current medium write speed : x 65535 (idem)
Power mode : 2 / idle (ready for operation)
IO1 / IO2 / BMCR @ : $802410 / $80241A / $802428
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 3
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 4
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 5
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 6
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 7
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 8
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 9
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 10
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 11
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 12
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 13
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 14
*** Error opening device sii0680ide.device / unit 15

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lio

Hmm, well, the only thing i see is that you can up your
Unit2 medium to UDMA5 instead of UDMA4
Quote:

Xfer mode : best pio 12 (PIO 4, 16 MB/s) / best dma 68 (UDMA 4, 66 MB/s) / current 67 (UDMA 3, 44 MB/s)

But that shouldn't be the reason why it's crashing your apps
I think @MichaelMerkel is right about the system going into
"lock-mode" when finalizing discs...hmm, maybe Tomasz can do
something about it, but maybe it's a hardware limitiation?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

the reason why I am not at the max with my DVD burner is because it does not play DVDs well at UDMA4 so I prefer to use UDMA3 (and before you ask, I have these special cables needed for UDMA )

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Lio

Read what MichaelMerkel wrote. That is what happens here too, has happend with PC-hardware and winblows and also happend on my a4k using MakeCD and the internal IDE-port.

In other words, don't do anything while you're writing a CD ... or formating a CDRW for that matter...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Lio

Apart from the fact that this now clearly describes the IDE bus lockup (i wouldn't really know how to make it lock up honestly, but I admit I have experienced exactly same problem since I updated to OS4 Final), I wonder if you considered reducing the DMA to 2 as it really should be? this would not hurt you any, since there are no optical drives (ok, there are neither CD nor DVD drives available to normal end user) capable of transferring 33MB/s (the newest and fastest DVD drives reach about 25MB/s).

Please try to reduce the transfer rate and check again.
tom

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Please be more specific about that.

Blanking and closing disk actually "locks" the IDE bus in a matter, that until the end of operation nothing else can be transferred over the IDE bus. So, once the operation finishes, everything resumes.

Don't put this here, because these two behaviors (reported and yours) do not match completely.

tom.

btw. to the question 'why this must be like this'. it's quite simple. I avoid the 'immediate' flag, because I wouldn't be able to track completion, not to mention the final result of blanking. With 'immediate' flag set to 'true' (which would cause nonblocking operation) every operation would be successful, no matter it finished properly or not. Also, measuring time would be impossible (especially if closing failed at some point, and later drive was unable to detect the unclosed disc - that often happens with dvd-rw media and may turn into a big pain in the butt, since dvd-rw's require sort of a strong laser to detect such discs later)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Lio

Hmmm... Now that you mention, I was burning a couple of DVDs with FP v1.2.3 and I noticed that the net was sluggish, although I was still able to load webpages with IBrowse, but HTTPResume failed to establish a new connection, and computer did not crash at all. My HD is connected to a SIL card (UDMA 5) and my DVD writer is on internal IDE (PIO 12).

BTW, my A1200/060+SCSI with all drives connected to the SCSI chain is ABSOLUTELY capable of burning CDs while doing anything else, be it surfing, drawing, whatever. Who said SCSI was old and expensive...?

Saluditos,

Ferr?n.

Amiga user since 1988
AOS4 Betatester
Member of ATO Spain
A1 Cfg
OS4 SCR
A1200
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Quote:
afaik this is "normal behavior". at least this is like it always has been working here.
cleaning or finalizing a cd is always locking everything. this was the case with my old a4000 and cybppc and this is the case now with the a1 and a sil controler.

i have no idea why this "must" be like this - maybe someone else can? it is usually annoying.
It shouldn't, and doesn't have to be that way. It's just easier to implement that way

I could send you my burning tool for testing, currently burning DVD-Rs doesn't work and you can only burn images < 4 GB with it (SFS2 doesn't help, it had a bug which makes it fail with larger files), but everything else should work. Send me a PM or E-Mail if you want to check if you have the same problems with it, if not it's a bug in the burning software you are currently using, if you have the same problem with my program something else in your system is wrong.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

harder you say...

well, enabling the 'harder' part means just switching one bit in command from '0' to '1' (that's tough, isn't it) and there you go.

oh, btw. remember that since your commands are performed 'immediately' some drives will eject your dvd-rw before the deicing is performed. that will screw the disc completely, but i guess you're aware of that ;) you took the 'harder' way after all :)

take care!
tom.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Error

Quote:

Error wrote:
@joerg

*snip*

oh, btw. remember that since your commands are performed 'immediately' some drives will eject your dvd-rw before the deicing is performed. that will screw the disc completely, but i guess you're aware of that ;) you took the 'harder' way after all :)

holds up handbag... ooooooh

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Error

Quote:

Error wrote:
@MichaelMerkel

Please be more specific about that.

Blanking and closing disk actually "locks" the IDE bus in a matter, that until the end of operation nothing else can be transferred over the IDE bus. So, once the operation finishes, everything resumes.

Don't put this here, because these two behaviors (reported and yours) do not match completely.

i see. that's what i experienced.
the ide bus is locked and thus evey program trying to read from it just "hangs".

this seems to be the reason lios dvplayer and transmission stopped.

thanks for the information and
byebye...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Error

Quote:

Error wrote:
@joerg

harder you say...

well, enabling the 'harder' part means just switching one bit in command from '0' to '1' (that's tough, isn't it) and there you go.
Stopping everything else from accessing the device, matching deferred error to the command which caused them, etc. is.

But you are right, your method is much harder, if not impossible: To be able to use non-immediate commands with group 2 or 3 time outs you'd have to know the internal time outs of all existing AmigaOS device drivers, which are usually much smaller than the MMC group 2 or at least the group 3 time out ...
I know them at least for all AmigaOS4 PPC native drivers and could use some non-immediate commands, although it wouldn't make any sense, since I know which ones I can use with which driver and which one I can't use in my old AmigaOS4-only CD/DVD burning software by limiting it to the device drivers which are included in AmigaOS4, but I very much doubt you know them

Quote:
If a drive allows ejecting the disc although it was forbidden with PREVENT ALLOW MEDIUM REMOVAL it's simply broken, not my problem.

Go to top

Register To Post