Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Supermodel 3: an emulator of a PPC based SEGA arcade
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Does anybody knows whether it could be possible to port "Supermodel 3", a Sega "Model 3" arcade emulator?

The original SEGA Supermodel 3 arcade board was based on a PowerPC 603e, it could be interesting to see it working natively under AmigaOS 4.

Here some videos of the original games on YouTube.

The emulator is apparently based on SDL, GLEW to manage OpenGL 2.0, Musashi to emulate a 680x0, YAZE-AG to emulate a Z80, and Amp to play mp3.

Go to top
Re: Supermodel 3: an emulator of a PPC based SEGA arcade
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@virgola

If memory can't be mapped to free memory allocated on AmigaOS4, or else you need to virtualize memory, same problems as with MacOSX, MacOS9 PPC.

Maybe a relatively simplified JIT compiler can do it,

or maybe someday AmigaOS can support some kind of virtualization, maybe its just a matter of better scheduler, or some kind of memory management micro kernel in upper memory that manage the memory of AmigaOS and other hosts.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
it can be possible if some one do like the Bauer make emulation for Sheepshaver .or like livetoit wrote a jit emulator of 603 for ppc... the same can be did for dolfphin emulator...

In any way the Musashi core can be changed with Almos Jit core ... the 603 core can be swapped with Qemu core .. but for run it you will need an smp os

Edited by tlosm on 2016/6/13 20:02:16
X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt
Are you aware of any plan at all to support either mapping memory to free memory or virtualize memory on OS4?

@tlosm
Thank you for trying!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@virgola

I cecked and mame use the ppc emulator of model 3 for emulate this coinop machine.
Probably some one good in programming (hunoPPC?) can merge the mame improved 603 core in the model 3 emulator.

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@virgola

"mapping memory to free memory"

If the Rom is located in High memory of Emulator chances are that is possible reserve that memory before anything else does, small patches to emulator rom, forward the memory allocation calls to AmigaOS, this might be technically possible on some emulators.

You need a good understating of Game system OS, and you need to lots of luck I guess.

It does depends on AmigaOS4 developers or anything, you need good developer that has good insight into game system he or she is trying to emulate.

"or virtualize memory on OS4?"

It has only been talked about, before here on Amigans or maybe other places.
I don't know of any planes, to do so, but then again I'm not part of the inner circle.

AmigaOS4 can virtualize memory to some extent, but it not the same kind of virtualization I'm talking about. The existing virtualization in AmigaOS4.1 is to enable memory to be swapped out, and to remap memory to make better use of physical memory. It's not designed as I understand it allow hosted operating systems.

"the Jit compiler approach"

This the broth force approach, when nothing else can be done, it's possible to take the original code and morph the code into some thing that allows memory to be redirected, this approach is never going to give you full native speed, but is a lot more efficient the interpreted emulation.

I think this is most likely way to take on a emulator like this. The only problem it takes a some with a lot of time, and good understanding of PowerPC assembler to make one.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
The only problem it takes a some with a lot of time, and good understanding of PowerPC assembler to make one.

this is why i suggest to merge the last mame ppc fixed disassembler. the mame use the model 3 emulator code for this coinop but was fixed and enanced.

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top

Register To Post