Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11)
Re: Wings Remastered
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daytona675x

It's been over 5 years. This very thread proves it. Be serious. What is your deliverable date? I think 5 years is more than enough and the poor supporters kissed their money goodbye all this time.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@magnetic
Man, stop talking bs, please.
The idea for this project was announced at the Amiga30. That was end of October 2015. I had written a rapid teaser prototype for that event.

Quote:
What is your deliverable date?

When it's done.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@magnetic
To be honest I don't see how your posts will help the situation. You think that if you attack any developer he will straight start his code editor and finish his code?

I would like to assure you that you will not get that. On contrary, you push them away even more.

In my opinion, you should discuss that with him privately, if you want, or discuss that with Cinemaware Retro, who started the whole thing and who got your money. Did you ask for a refund?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

Quote:

or discuss that with Cinemaware Retro, who started the whole thing and who got your money. Did you ask for a refund?

Cinemaware Retro is as dead as a dead horse can get.

Not only are all their www sites down, only their storefront is available, like with any good scam (http://retro.cinemaware.com/ is still reachable, but try to preorder anything), and no one answers any inquiries regarding anything, including refund.

They left their mudhole somewhere in assholetown, ripped off people and vanished again...and i'm sure they are doing the exact same scam to someone else somewhere else right about now.

The hatred in this thread should go to the scammers...but since they pissed off in time, it is now unfortunately aimed at the last person standing in and fighting the storm, which is Daytona.
I really hope people will understand that he has nothing to do with the scam, unfortunate events like the "demo cd" given out to non-prepayers are just that, an unfortunate event, nothing to linger on.

I'd love to know if he is still in contact with that Sven fellow (who posted all the "news" back in the day and suddenly vansihed too)...at least he doesn't answer MY emails regarding a refund or news updates, so he probably sank himself in his personal mudhole aswell.

Maybe it helps that i don't care about this project anymore, money lost, not interested in any progress or release. Just billed as a life lesson.
Don't throw money at something that isn't there.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Raziel

That is a pity that they disappeared. So I assume that Daniel, even if he finishes the port, will not expect to get paid for this amount of work. So, I do not expect him to finish it for free. And surely an attack by users does not help.

What helps would be to see how we can demand to get that refund from Cinemaware guys, if possible. All together, and not everyone on himself. A multi person movement would be more powerful. That's what, in my opinion, should a community do, and not attacking a developer, because it is easier to sit down and write a post.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
At https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/8 ... mastered-edition/comments the people mention something like the shipping of the boxes would be done by dragonbox.de shop. Maybe they should be contacted and see what is going on with the shipping. Did anyone sent an email to these guys?

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero
You have reason in two things, is not a solution attack to one developer, and an united community of users can try to put some pressure on cinemaware.
But neither is normal, with the problem of this man with Cinemaware jump to ask money for the port of Tower 57, and neither he asked help against Cineware, or if he has the code, ask help to other programmers to finish the game; the money is lost, but finish the game some revenge against Cinemaware for the people have paid or not is a possible solution and not to give the same answer, "When the game is done" and leave run the years and nobody can speak about the game state, but we want games and programs but if there are problems solution hide them.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@templario
We didn't pay Daniel, we paid Cinemaware. They should be the target, and not Daniel. They got our money and not the developer. In my opinion is a waste of time and energy to discuss that with the developer, just because he is still in here.

As I wrote before, I do not expect him to finish the game, even if he wanted to. Everyone has specific hours during the day and we all need to work on something that brings us enough money to feed our families and pay the bills. I wouldn't like to do any free work. As he said he estimated wrongly the amount of work he had to do. This doesn't mean that we have to attack him.

On the other hand it was our fault as well for not chasing Cinemaware earlier. We should demand for a refund years ago. Maybe by now we would have our money back.

Attacking the developer this way will not change anything, if not make things worse. I have infinite faith to Daniel, and I would gladly prepay any project he will work on for our systems. This guy does a tremendous work on minigl and OpneGL, and he gave us so many free games in the past. We have to be glad having him in our community. We owe him more than what you think of. Take a few minutes and think about it.

I would recommend to everyone to be calm and move on. This forum is not a place for attacks and bulling. There are other forums for that. This forum is more for creativity and a place where we all want to be part of.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
The Cinemaware guy seems to be this one, right? https://www.facebook.com/Elektronite1/ ... defende/1496361170419108/

Looks like this guy, but I might be wrong.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sven-v%C3%B6%C3%9Fing-a3080754/

At https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressre ... _Kickstarter_Campaign.php
there is also an email, that might be dead as well. But you never know.
sven@cinemaware.com

This might be useful as well
https://www.facebook.com/sven.voessing

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daytona675x

Normally I do not comment this topic because I never give money for non-existing products so fortunately did not waste money in this case.

Just a short comment... sometimes it looks like you are in the contest who is most unpolite poster on a forum, I can assure you you can only loose there finally ;) people remember so it is better not to have discussions like this, at least as long you are still interested to sell something to anyone here.

Regarding Wings it is finally unfortunate for everyone but as far as I remember you were the "face" of Wings for amiga so people thought they would get something in a certain amount of time (at least before they die ;) ). That you both underestimated the amount of work and made some strange agreements with cinemaware that led to not being paid by them is bad but not caused by people backing the project. At this point of time you are in a loose-loose situation. You can say I did not get money so I do not owe anyone any effort but then you have a lot of angry people. For people at the time backing it you were a kind of guarantee for its success so the failure of it (and I certainly do not expect it to be ever completed) is your failure too. Bashing people is not really helpful there in my view

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

looks like him

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

german but perhaps translateable

https://verbraucherschutz.de/cinemawar ... -jahren-immer-noch-nicht/

everyone is innocent, even Sven

Guilty are only others

and here

https://www.dragonbox.de/index.php?fc= ... =blog&id_lang=1&id_post=8

On a site someone wrote that he spent 800 Dollar and got nothing. Crazy what people do...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Templario

dragonbox.de is selling Wings now

perhaps you could contact them and get at least Wings for PC, not what you wanted but it would be better than nothing

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero
Thanks mate. Unfortunately:

@Templario
Oh my. Why didn't you listen to your friend? Will anything ever sink in?

Quote:
with the problem of this man with Cinemaware jump to ask money for the port of Tower 57

What? Can anybody make any sense out of this? WTF has Tower 57 to do with Cinemaware?
And what problem with Cinemare? Is he maybe talking of somebody else? Really, I have no idea.

Quote:
and neither he asked help against Cineware

What? How often shall I repeat it: I have no problem with Cinemaware so far.
I. Did. Not. Ask. For. Money. Yet. Because. The. Game. Is. Not. Done. Yet.
When it is done and when I ask for money and get nothing, then I would have a problem with Cinemaware.
(Note: while I was typing, Olaf3's posts appeared)

Quote:
if he has the code

This implicates the possibility that I don't have my very own code ??? That doesn't make any sense at all again.

Quote:
ask help to other programmers

Once again, the game is almost done, as everybody who is capable of downloading and running the demo versions can see.
Why would I ask another programmer who has no insight into the code to do the missing pieces? That's far beyond making any sense at all.

Quote:
but finish the game some revenge against Cinemaware for the people have paid

What?

Quote:
we want games and programs

Yeah, and I don't want to count to two trillions, but well, here we are.
And btw.: still no quotes which would back all your bs claims from before, incl. the nice racism claim.

@OlafS3
Quote:
are in the contest who is most unpolite poster on a forum

You should concentrate on the party who started that discussion-mess.
But anyway, I really don't care if people don't like me because I'm talking to people like Templario or other suckers the way I do. Compared to this guy I'm as polite as an angel.

Quote:
people remember so it is better not to have discussions like this, at least as long you are still interested to sell something to anyone here.

If sb. accuses me of fraud (despite being told the facts many times in the past already), racism, and whatever other bs you may imagine, I tend to chose clear words. And if some people only want to see my reaction, for whatever reasons, be it so, even if I wanted to sell sth., which I don't.
I'm happy with the friends I got and I'm very confident that those won't turn their back on me because I lack politeness towards sb. who did everything so that he doesn't deserve it anymore.
But thanks for caring.

Quote:

From the linked article:
Sven was betrayed by Cinemaware.com who vanished with the collected money.
(Sven wurde selber von Cinemaware.com übers Ohr gehauen, die mit dem gesammelten Geld verschwanden.)

Wow, that's news to me too, thanks for the info

Quote:
When it is done and when I ask for money and get nothing, then I would have a problem with Cinemaware.

Okay, so according to the above there's nothing anymore indeed
For the process of the game it doesn't matter though:

Quote:
You can say I did not get money so I do not owe anyone any effort but then you have a lot of angry people.

You don't have to speculate, I made my point clear many many times, here's the link again and this is the important part:
"And if you're worried what I'd do in the theoretical case that I don't get my share for whatever theoretical reasons: I'd certainly not trash the game..."

Edited by Daytona675x on 2020/9/15 17:09:46
Edited by Daytona675x on 2020/9/15 17:26:44
Edited by Daytona675x on 2020/9/15 17:46:46
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
OlafS3 wrote:
Quote:
dragonbox.de is selling Wings now perhaps you could contact them and get at least Wings for PC, not what you wanted but it would be better than nothing

checked today and sent a ticket request and got email confirmation...worth a try at this point. I have no problem getting the OS4 versions when Daniel finishes it but my issue is getting the Boxed version I already paid for

anyone ever get an answer back ??

@ Daytona675x

No worries as most of us here know 'it's done when it's done' and we appreciate what you do for us crazy Amiga users and all the big time help to keep this party still going eh

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11)