Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4.1FE on to SSD
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I just bought a new SSD for my Sam440,as a replacement for the original hard drive and am trying to install 4.1FE on to it. For some reason I can't get it to boot to the SSD after installing from the CD. It installs perfectly on to HD drives, so what am I doing wrong?

Do I come here often?
Go to top
Re: OS4.1FE on to SSD
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Basic checks...

Partition is bootable ?
Partition is FFS or SFS ?
SLB installed on the RDB ?
Drive is plugged into a bootable SATA port ?

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Partition DH0: is bootable
Partition is SFS
SLB installed as far as I can see
Drive is connected using the same leads as used for the HDD "borrowed" from an old PC that successfully installed while checking.

Do I come here often?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Nimrod

At which point stops the bootprocess?
before,durring,after loading the kickstart files?
Anything on the serialport?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@aclogic
Once the install has finished I restart the system without the CD and I get a message that there is no bootable partition. If I start again by booting from the CD to load workbench I see DH0: in its entirety with everything apparently correctly installed.
I do the install on the SSD in exactly the same way, and with the same settings as I use on an old Maxstor HDD I rescued from a Windows XP PC.

Do I come here often?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Nimrod

Could you please answer my questions??

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@aclogic
I switch on, the blue light on the motherboard goes off, and nothing else happens. Nothing on the serial port.

Do I come here often?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Nimrod

arghhhh, please could you answer on question and please don't tell me something about blue lights, i don't own an SAM.
I think it's not a general hardwareproblem.

If you make an coldstart with the Install-CD, then the system boot's from the CD and loads the kickstartmodules (you can see the progressindicator from the SLB) and boots into AmigaOS??

If you make a coldstart without the Install-CD, then system don't loads the kickstart modules (you can't see the progressindicator from the SLB) and you get that message that there is no bootable partition ??

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@aclogic

If you make an coldstart with the Install-CD, then the system boot's from the CD and loads the kickstartmodules (you can see the progressindicator from the SLB) and boots into AmigaOS??
Correct. Everything works perfectly from the CD.

If you make a coldstart without the Install-CD, then system don't loads the kickstart modules (you can't see the progressindicator from the SLB) and you get that message that there is no bootable partition ??
I don't even get the message about no bootable partition any more. Apart from the quiet hum from the PSU the machine appears to be dead.

Do I come here often?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Nimrod

by Nimrod on 2015/2/22 0:02:52

@aclogic

>>If you make an coldstart with the Install-CD, then the system boot's from the CD and loads the kickstartmodules (you can see the progressindicator from the SLB) and boots into AmigaOS??
>Correct. Everything works perfectly from the CD.

Could You try this:
Make a Coldstart with CD inserted. Make a Warmstart and open the Bootmenu and boot from the HDD.

>>If you make a coldstart without the Install-CD, then system don't loads the kickstart modules (you can't see the progressindicator from the SLB) and you get that message that there is no bootable partition ??
>I don't even get the message about no bootable partition any more. Apart from the quiet hum from the PSU the machine appears to be dead.

Are nothing from UBOOT on the screen?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@aclogic
Not any more. After the first two installs coldboot gave me the message that there was no botable partition, but then even that message disappeared.
I will not be doing any more with the machine for the next three weeks as I am having to work overseas. After that I may just scrap the SSD and use HDD even if it is as slow and noisy as the floppy on my 1200

Do I come here often?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
what type off SSD are you using?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Nimrod

There's something else to check: the boot priority. It probably doesn't apply in this case. I had a similar problem. Finally I reinstalled the boot loader "slb_v2". That seemed to fix it.

Go to top

Register To Post